Kong: Skull Island (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday July 6 at 6PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossing on the title and spot gloss finish to the image

K_SI.jpg

K_SI (open).jpg

Last edited:
And I just canceled my order the other day lol....I guess it´s time to order again :LOL: :LOL:
canceled my order last weekend :D and will re-order it as well :D
cancelled my order as well last week. time to re-order again :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

How comes you all cancelled last week if you don’t mind me asking? Is it because it didn’t have anything on the back?

Because the finish has always been spot gloss and debossed title

Or because now they state is kick ass? Lol

I also predicted in the IT chapter 2 re release thread just before anyone got it that this should be similar in terms of how it will look

How comes you all cancelled last week if you don’t mind me asking? Is it because it didn’t have anything on the back?

Because the finish has always been spot gloss and debossed title

Or because now they state is kick ass? Lol

I DO MIND YOU ASKING......

lol, just kidding :rofl: no, I was just looking at my orders at Zavvi and decided to cancel this since it is still in stock, so was thinking to wait for a price drop.....but I didnt know it has debossed title and spot gloss, so that´s a game changer for me.....:)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Flloydo

That’s fair enough. I kinda had a hunch that this would follow IT being a warner re release in terms of back art and how it should look in hand.
I’m personally so happy with how IT turned out and this will have debossing so even better

Reactions: tha_lunatic
I DO MIND YOU ASKING......

lol, just kidding :rofl: no, I was just looking at my orders at Zavvi and decided to cancel this since it is still in stock, so was thinking to wait for a price drop.....but I didnt know it has debossed title and spot gloss, so that´s a game changer for me.....:)

I did that recently because of funds. But once pics surfaced of IT I re ordered (and sold the HMV steel to go towards)

But this is one of the pre orders I kept. Fingers crossed it looks good. Personally think it will be a stunner

Reactions: Hereticz
Forget the "kick-ass" mis-translation - the actual blurb should read,
"Zavvi is bringing King back as a killer SteelBook® release with a debossed front title treatment and delicate details, reflecting in the spot gloss layer."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the art framed like this: just carrying over the style seen on the US Kraken Relasing Amarays and the earlier "Toho Master Collection" of DVDs and of course the actual poster from which the image has been taken:-
1568200951938.png
1568201157778.png

1568201705174.png
1568201846327.png
1568202096068.png
1568203101213.png

1568202717300.png

Last edited:
Antbody know what’s happening with this release? Anybody had dispatch notice? Or recieved their copy yet? Can’t find this anywhere on Zavvi’s site at the moment.

Reactions: Felix_ro
It’s not sold out.

At around 1am U.K. time it changed to buy now but very quickly changed to sold out.

it looks like they never got the stock on time or possibly a release date change is pending. if the item is in stock when it comes to release day it changes straight to buy now (like the Aladdin 4k steel). But if no one has been charged and they have no stock then it will change to sold out. If a new release date is on the cards then it will change back to pre order with its new release date updated.

It's sold out now, I cancelled order before the info above came out but forgot reorder it - Kong: Skull Island – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray)
It’s not sold out.

At around 1am U.K. time it changed to buy now but very quickly changed to sold out.

it looks like they never got the stock on time or possibly a release date change is pending. if the item is in stock when it comes to release day it changes straight to buy now (like the Aladdin 4k steel). But if no one has been charged and they have no stock then it will change to sold out. If a new release date is on the cards then it will change back to pre order with its new release date updated.

Ok, thanks for that.

Reactions: Flloydo
Glad it was just late stock or summat and not a date change. Looking forward to this one