Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
can I just ask how much the FS cost inc shipping to the uk direct or through using Aniv it might lower the hurt when I try and pick this up sometime down the line from a 3rd party or from someone who decides to start splitting there One Clicks :) Thanks you Leon /mantalab lovers

can I just ask how much the FS cost inc shipping to the uk direct or through using Aniv it might lower the hurt when I try and pick this up sometime down the line from a 3rd party or from someone who decides to start splitting there One Clicks :) Thanks you Leon /mantalab lovers
Direct, it was $64. Via hdn gb it would've been about $73 shipped I think.

It's USD, and 70 vs 80 would be correct, as I heard MantaLab raised their shipping back to $20.

Yes it was USD, but no, the prices I quoted were correct. We're talking UK delivery here, not US. Single slip UK shipping was still $15 for Leon.

I also paid $64 USD. Shipping was $15 to the USA as well. I’m liking these shipping prices

Exactly if you’re going to call out the third party to express your opinion, then you need to call out the Retailer and be balanced with your view and opinions. The Retailer has much liability as it is for the third party sellers, if not the sole liability.

If everyone directed a complaint to Manta then your voices would be heard. Sitting and only ranting about third parties is naive.

I understand your views mate, I’ve not here to dispute what you said and you have the right to express your annoyance. As long as you’re balanced in your opinions.
Supposedly, Retailer (Collectong / MantaLab) TRUSTED GB hosts to act with honesty and to do what a GB host (as Aniv) is supposed to do: HELP OTHERS COLLECTORS.
That is why we shouldn't blame retailers. As they are selling in bulks to a person who is managing a Group Buy/s.

However, we can all see how (here in this conversation) GB host act, without hesitation to scalp and beeing visible for that, even with their website.

Fact: GB host overdemands most popular releases in advance to reduce the stock at minimum, to try later sell their stuff overinflated with less "supply" available in the market to "justify" the increase of price.
SCAM. Manipulation of the market.

eBay has ridiculous fees, which need to be taken into consideration. Group buy hosts also have to maintain orders in order to keep the same allocations for the next releases. The shipping for bulk orders are incredibly expensive and the customs fees outrageous. All of that is added to the pricing no doubt. As someone else pointed out, group buy hosts get lumbered with lesser popular titles such as The Matrix Resurrections and Black Adam. They end up paying for all the extra out of their own pocket and then have to find ways of selling them. Customers think only of themselves and their own financial situation, but rarely consider how much money Group buy hosts often have to put into it and often lose out
That doesn't justify why GB host has to reduce people chance to get editions at RETAILER prices.

That only justify why GB host must keep up scalping, over and over. And that is why I always thought GB host doesn't have to "HELP" every single time new release comes out. Only with stores who DOESN'T SELL DIRECT, or to a country.
As people can go DIRECT , people can help themselves (waking up early, buying at time, etc).

The problem is GB host takes much of "supply" out of the market, in advance. That leaves less stock available (at retailer cost) for everyone else who doesn't support GBs.

GB hosts have a set allocation for each release. The allocation has to be fulfilled each time in order to maintain the allocations for high profile titles that everyone is after. But when the lesser titles are released, such as The Matrix Resurrections - nobody complains about Group buy hosts having extra because they don't like the movie. However the GB hosts have had to pay extra money out of their own pockets, just to maintain the numbers so that when a bigger title comes along, they have enough for their forum/group etc.

Reactions: CGB axia
That doesn't justify why GB host has to reduce people chance to get editions at RETAILER prices.

That only justify why GB host must keep up scalping, over and over. And that is why I always thought GB host doesn't have to "HELP" every single time new release comes out. Only with stores who DOESN'T SELL DIRECT, or to a country.
As people can go DIRECT , people can help themselves (waking up early, buying at time, etc).

The problem is GB host takes much of "supply" out of the market, in advance. That leaves less stock available (at retailer cost) for everyone else who doesn't support GBs.
And your comment is clearly coming from lack of experience. A retailer can set a retail price and shipping. A group buy host has to include the cost that items are to be shipped to the hub, including the customs fees and then the shipping costs to each recipient. A huge bulk order from Manta Lab is expensive. Shipping and customs can come to 500-800 USD for a release. These costs have to be divided and added to the item prices. With all due respect I'm afraid comments like yours come from a lack of insight and experience.

GB hosts have a set allocation for each release. The allocation has to be fulfilled each time in order to maintain the allocations for high profile titles that everyone is after. But when the lesser titles are released, such as The Matrix Resurrections - nobody complains about Group buy hosts having extra because they don't like the movie. However the GB hosts have had to pay extra money out of their own pockets, just to maintain the numbers so that when a bigger title comes along, they have enough for their forum/group etc.
Intermediaries duties. Not people/market obligations.
If Group Buy Hosts are managing the main market (few people "demand" bunches of tens while stock is limited by the supplier), and they impose the prices, we can all see how SCALPING practices come from.

Seems GB host has to rebound the cost of buying low wanted releases that THEY "HAVE TO" to buy from retailer to keep selling HIGH WANTED RELEASES (scalping, as we all see). Just to "maintain the numbers".

It doesn't justify scalping. It only aggravates it.
It was supposed Group Buy was to help COLLECTORS. But it seems Group Buys are only to help collectors who joined ...to harm others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Granada
Supposedly, Retailer (Collectong / MantaLab) TRUSTED GB hosts to act with honesty and to do what a GB host (as Aniv) is supposed to do: HELP OTHERS COLLECTORS.
That is why we shouldn't blame retailers. As they are selling in bulks to a person who is managing a Group Buy/s.

However, we can all see how (here in this conversation) GB host act, without hesitation to scalp and beeing visible for that, even with their website.

Fact: GB host overdemands most popular releases in advance to reduce the stock at minimum, to try later sell their stuff overinflated with less "supply" available in the market to "justify" the increase of price.
SCAM. Manipulation of the market.
Incorrect, Retailers do NOT supply copies only for GBs. The Retailers also can supply qty for that individual as there personal copies as well as GB copies. The Retailers are completely aware that their personal copies supplied will be scalped. The fact they allow that fully aware makes them liable.

If you want to frown upon this then you need to complain against the:

- Retailer for supply X amount of copies as PERSONAL and GB copies.

- HDN for facilitating and allowing this GB in order to collect the fees to support their forum.

AND as @Flloydo quite rightly pointed out

Also to allow Aniv to advertise his own bluraylife store on HDN as much more efficient and effective payment processor (due to the over selling issues that happened with TBM which IMO was a complete mess up).

- The GB host for selling them as GB costs and his PERSONAL copies for profit.

So blaming only the GB Host is NOT a balanced view. It’s everyone that makes this work is to blame. But not everyone has the confidence to point fingers at HDN as we are in their forum, and then you will have all the other members that will defend the GBs and HDN of course. Don’t think I haven’t read your posts and opinions that are very critical of the GBs. Some part I agree and some part I don’t simply because it’s not balanced as your core argument does not focus on the 3 Elements I mentioned.

As I said before the Retailer takes sole liability as they are on top of the tree as the supplier. HDN facilitates this and Aniv is the one that executes it.

So we are talking about 3 different parties involved, the:
Supplier, the Facilator, the Executor that is executing as a GB or a reseller.

I have my views. You all do. But be balanced about it, not naivety.

It IS what it IS…

Last edited:
I see your point, @sunnyx, and I agree in part, and disagree in other points.

Let's part from the beginning:

Limited supply = 4000 copies worldwide (i.e)
Limited demand by the supplier = 1/2 editions per order/person. Going DIRECT.

EXCEPTION: Group Buy hosts. Who can order in advance as much editions as "their numbers" (allocations) can afford.
1 person or 2 demand tens of these 4000 copies available from the supply.
And there are tens of Group Buys around.
That fact makes GB's, and turn into, the main market, as most of the demand are ruled by few people, when it was supposed 4000 editions were made for 2000 collectors (i.e).
Not at all.
As these 4000 editions can go mainly through GB's, and I will explain shortly how.

-------------------
Supplier provides the value (and their prices), the market buy (or not).

Supplier knows not all editions are for personal purpose but reselling/scalping, but they do not know how much of them are for personal or for third reselling or scalping.
Why?
Because, as we all know, you can join as many Group Buys as you like, and SKIP the supplier limitation of demanding only 1 or 2 edition.

When suppliers receive file sheet with allocations completed by GROUP BUY HOSTS, they manage it, and arrange delivery and claim taxes for the orders.
Most of editions are sold to a GB Host, who are in charge of resending these to root buyer (who joins to the Group Buy).

Question is, who are these "root buyers"?

Supplier doesn't have that information, only the "allocations" from GB Host.

*** And if you can join multiple Group Buys (from different hosts) and buy multiple editions when YOU CAN NOT DO IT when ordering DIRECT, hosts can make up "other hosts", who run others GROUP BUYS (asking the retailer previously), to keep demanding editions for themselves (for scalping).***
Sending editions for friends and families.
Increasing the demand. Overdemanding.
Decreasing the supply at original cost.
Less chances to buy it at original cost.

The more group buys, the more people who scam retailers/suppliers to (over)demand for reselling at higher prices.
If supplier doesn't increase the price, is because they loose customers, root buyers.

Let's speak clear:
supplier CREATES the value, and distribution are part of the value. They do all; they deserve to keep all the gains and benefits.
If they have expanded their business thanks to group buys at first, well done. Advertising is part of value chain.
BUT it seems value chain is broken when we all know THIRD PARTY "offer" something at 120$ + shipping (previous overdemanding) when retailer price value was 60$ + shipping.

These business affect badly to supplier, as they are not able to sell their editions to "true root buyers".
Business is over shortly, "thanks to" Group Buy hosts.

I see your point, @sunnyx, and I agree in part, and disagree in other points.

Let's part from the beginning:

Limited supply = 4000 copies worldwide (i.e)
Limited demand by the supplier = 1/2 editions per order/person. Going DIRECT.

EXCEPTION: Group Buy hosts. Who can order in advance as much editions as "their numbers" (allocations) can afford.
1 person or 2 demand tens of these 4000 copies available from the supply.
And there are tens of Group Buys around.
That fact makes GB's, and turn into, the main market, as most of the demand are ruled by few people, when it was supposed 4000 editions were made for 2000 collectors (i.e).
Not at all.
As these 4000 editions can go mainly through GB's, and I will explain shortly how.

-------------------
Supplier provides the value (and their prices), the market buy (or not).

Supplier knows not all editions are for personal purpose but reselling/scalping, but they do not know how much of them are for personal or for third reselling or scalping.
Why?
Because, as we all know, you can join as many Group Buys as you like, and SKIP the supplier limitation of demanding only 1 or 2 edition.

When suppliers receive file sheet with allocations completed by GROUP BUY HOSTS, they manage it, and arrange delivery and claim taxes for the orders.
Most of editions are sold to a GB Host, who are in charge of resending these to root buyer (who joins to the Group Buy).

Question is, who are these "root buyers"?

Supplier doesn't have that information, only the "allocations" from GB Host.

*** And if you can join multiple Group Buys (from different hosts) and buy multiple editions when YOU CAN NOT DO IT when ordering DIRECT, hosts can make up "other hosts", who run others GROUP BUYS (asking the retailer previously), to keep demanding editions for themselves (for scalping).***
Sending editions for friends and families.
Increasing the demand. Overdemanding.
Decreasing the supply at original cost.
Less chances to buy it at original cost.

The more group buys, the more people who scam retailers/suppliers to (over)demand for reselling at higher prices.
If supplier doesn't increase the price, is because they loose customers, root buyers.

Let's speak clear:
supplier CREATES the value, and distribution are part of the value. They do all; they deserve to keep all the gains and benefits.
If they have expanded their business thanks to group buys at first, well done. Advertising is part of value chain.
BUT it seems value chain is broken when we all know THIRD PARTY "offer" something at 120$ + shipping (previous overdemanding) when retailer price value was 60$ + shipping.

These business affect badly to supplier, as they are not able to sell their editions to "true root buyers".
Business is over shortly, "thanks to" Group Buy hosts.

Sorry Mr Chemartin, I won’t engage in further dialogue with you. That is not my intent but to highlight some elements for you to think about. But thank you for acknowledging you agree with some of my points. Best wishes.

Reactions: Chemartin_1