Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not surprised. They’ve given all their stock to one fat parasite leech who’s bumped single editions to ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS who still has them in stock in the multiples and is allowed to promote them here. My mind is blown.

What a c*nt
Who is that?

So here we are again, another highly anticipated release that has come and gone, some happy, some pissed…last time this happened was in The Batman Thread.

I’ve said this before many times. The issue is NOT the Seller / Scalper / Host / Collector / Buyer / Human wants to buy multiple copies to sell for a higher price, buy for a friend, hold it to gain in value for a trade bait, make a few quid to fund their addiction, feed it to the dog..

The sole liability is with the Retailer.
If they allow multiple copies to be purchased then that’s their decision. Sure it can be seen as unethical for them to allow it, and seen unethical to see the third party setting the prices upto triple retailer value.

But directing the blame solely on the third party is completely naive.

It’s not illegal what third party does with their copies, nor is it illegal for retailers to completely prioritise it to GB hosts. It’s just frowned upon by the community and they have right to express their annoyance.

But remember, the Retailers allow it.. Why? Because it’s less financial risk for them for many reasons which you can use your intelligence to figure it out.

You need to also remember, we rant about only the highly sought stuff. But what about all the crap stuff that doesn’t sell? Hotsteels was mentioned for scalping multiple copies of Leon. But what about all the other multiple copies he’s taken from many Retailers that doesn’t sell that he’s committed to buying for taking multiple copies for Léon, and just sitting there gaining dust and selling for peanuts? I don’t see anyone complaining about that.

Scalpers help the retailers to clear out their stock. If you only cherry pick the good stuff I doubt the retailer would be that committed to only giving them the gold steelbooks.

Leon didn’t sell out on HDN until a few days later and the copies were available. If you took the risk to go direct and you had the opportunity to take it then then you need to absorb that risk you took. Just as much as taking the risk to buy from the GB only to see it sat there for a few hours before it gets sold out…how annoying can that be? There’s a risk either way you take and you need to be prepared to obsorb that risk.

I’m not here to defend Scalpers or defend the retailer or support the GB. I am telling you what it is.
I understand the frustration of missing out. We’ve all been there.

We feel the pain.

But it Is what it Is.
There’s plenty of people that don’t even know where to preorder stuff and they rely solely on third parties to help them. So just feel privileged that 9/10 orders you make have been successful with the odd one or two that you missed out on.
This doesn’t happen very often and all you can do is deal with each release as it comes to reduce the risk, be smart, prepare, anticipate and reduce the Variance.
Until then, Peace to all.

So here we are again, another highly anticipated release that has come and gone, some happy, some pissed…last time this happened was in The Batman Thread.

I’ve said this before many times. The issue is NOT the Seller / Scalper / Host / Collector / Buyer / Human wants to buy multiple copies to sell for a higher price, buy for a friend, hold it to gain in value for a trade bait, make a few quid to fund their addiction, feed it to the dog..

If they allow multiple copies to be purchased then that’s their decision. Sure it can be seen as unethical for them to allow it, and seen unethical to see the third party setting the prices upto triple retailer value.

It’s not illegal what third party does with their copies, nor is it illegal for retailers to completely prioritise it to GB hosts. It’s just frowned upon by the community and they have right to express their annoyance.

But remember, the Retailers allow it.. Why? Because it’s less financial risk for them for many reasons which you can use your intelligence to figure it out.

You need to also remember, we rant about only the highly sought stuff. But what about all the crap stuff that doesn’t sell? Hotsteels was mentioned for scalping multiple copies of Leon. But what about all the other multiple copies he’s taken from many Retailers that doesn’t sell that he’s committed to buying for taking multiple copies for Léon, and just sitting there gaining dust and selling for peanuts? I don’t see anyone complaining about that.

Scalpers help the retailers to clear out their stock. If you only cherry pick the good stuff I doubt the retailer would be that committed to only giving them the gold steelbooks.

Leon didn’t sell out on HDN until a few days later and the copies were available. If you took the risk to go direct and you had the opportunity to take it then then you need to absorb that risk you took. Just as much as taking the risk to buy from the GB only to see it sat there for a few hours before it gets sold out…how annoying can that be? There’s a risk either way you take and you need to be prepared to obsorb that risk.

I’m not here to defend Scalpers or defend the retailer or support the GB. I am telling you what it is.

We feel the pain.

But it Is what it Is.
There’s plenty of people that don’t even know where to preorder stuff and they rely solely on third parties to help them. So just feel privileged that 9/10 orders you make have been successful with the odd one or two that you missed out on.
This doesn’t happen very often and all you can do is deal with each release as it comes to reduce the risk, be smart, prepare, anticipate and reduce the Variance.
Happy School GIF by Sunny Bunnies

We feel the pain.

But it Is what it Is.

There is not a huge amount that I completely disagree with but not really sure what this rather long post tells us that is not already well known.

As for your point about, in this case Hotsteels, being lumbered with stuff that can’t be sold…

DEAF0317-2483-4214-A9C5-7D3EA121A825.gif

They should try not asking ridiculous prices.

We feel the pain.

But it Is what it Is.
I wasn’t going to read all this (purely because it’s so f**king long) but my eyes kept wondering

for me I’m bored today and not called aniv a parasite in a while so I fancied it. F**k it

I’m actually calling out him, HDN and manta. For all the reasons you explained.

HDN for allowing this and being a hypocrite to allow him to promote the store, him for reasons we’ve gone over for years but mainly abusing the power of his GB to obtain other copies to sell at those prices and manta for allowing this. Nothings new (except the store promotion part - and I don’t mean eBay when others here post his eBay shop).

I wasn’t going to comment on it all but the whole store thing has been on my mind since last week and I just don’t get why he’s allowed to do that but hey it is what it is. HDN must be changing it’s policies or something. Or okay with the possibility that this could easily go the wrong way for them. I’m not going to spell that out but I’m sure people are clever enough to understand what I mean.... I think

I wasn’t going to read all this (purely because it’s so f**king long) but my eyes kept wondering

for me I’m bored today and not called aniv a parasite in a while so I fancied it. F**k it

HDN for allowing this and being a hypocrite to allow him to promote the store, him for reasons we’ve gone over for years but mainly abusing the power of his GB to obtain other copies to sell at those prices and manta for allowing this. Nothings new (except the store promotion part - and I don’t mean eBay when others here post his eBay shop).

I wasn’t going to comment on it all but the whole store thing has been on my mind since last week and I just don’t get why he’s allowed to do that but hey it is what it is. HDN must be changing its policies or something. Or okay with the possibility that this could easily go the wrong way for them. I’m not going to spell that out but I’m sure people are clever enough to understand what I mean.... I think
Exactly if you’re going to call out the third party to express your opinion, then you need to call out the Retailer and be balanced with your view and opinions. The Retailer has much liability as it is for the third party sellers, if not the sole liability.

If everyone directed a complaint to Manta then your voices would be heard. Sitting and only ranting about third parties is naive.

I understand your views mate, I’ve not here to dispute what you said and you have the right to express your annoyance. As long as you’re balanced in your opinions.

Reactions: Flloydo
eBay has ridiculous fees, which need to be taken into consideration. Group buy hosts also have to maintain orders in order to keep the same allocations for the next releases. The shipping for bulk orders are incredibly expensive and the customs fees outrageous. All of that is added to the pricing no doubt. As someone else pointed out, group buy hosts get lumbered with lesser popular titles such as The Matrix Resurrections and Black Adam. They end up paying for all the extra out of their own pocket and then have to find ways of selling them. Customers think only of themselves and their own financial situation, but rarely consider how much money Group buy hosts often have to put into it and often lose out

eBay has ridiculous fees, which need to be taken into consideration. Group buy hosts also have to maintain orders in order to keep the same allocations for the next releases. The shipping for bulk orders are incredibly expensive and the customs fees outrageous. All of that is added to the pricing no doubt. As someone else pointed out, group buy hosts get lumbered with lesser popular titles such as The Matrix Resurrections and Black Adam. They end up paying for all the extra out of their own pocket and then have to find ways of selling them. Customers think only of themselves and their own financial situation, but rarely consider how much money Group buy hosts often have to put into it and often lose out

The audacity when your not an actual group buy host :rofl:

E929B6BB-1D4E-4E75-9258-CFF1E6AC5B4C.gif

ED29765A-E3D9-4161-9994-72FD156A28FB.gif

Actually we are group buy hosts. And we work with UHD Club. We have been for Two years. Thanks for providing us with a laugh, whoever you are @Flloydo

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo

I wasn’t going to comment on it all but the whole store thing has been on my mind since last week and I just don’t get why he’s allowed to do that but hey it is what it is. HDN must be changing it’s policies or something. Or okay with the possibility that this could easily go the wrong way for them. I’m not going to spell that out but I’m sure people are clever enough to understand what I mean.... I think
I stopped using that asswipe years ago for buying premiums because I couldn't stand him being a fat arrogant tw4t