Last Blu-ray/4K Special Edition/Displays purchased - post pics!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Simply post some pics of any cool, or OOP print sets you own, with figurines, limited ed packaging, any special shelving you have, or just how you have them displayed.

A separate thread for posting general pics of your Blu-Ray collection will be added to the general Blu-Ray movie area.

This is the "I am bragging about my Special/Limited Editions" thread ;)

Enjoy! :oohyeah:
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
So, as I mentioned, time for another Anime Pic.
I selected "Vampires" as a theme. :vamp:
There are quite a few in the wild but I'm pretty selective. Considering "Black Blood Bros." next and I've been flipping a coin on "Seraph Of The End: Vampire Reign" for almost a year! (I'll probably bite... :sweat:)

Anyway, the few i do have;

- Blood: The Last Vampire (2000)
- Blood+ Box 1 (2005)
- Blood+ Box 2 (2006)
- Blood C (2011)
- Blood C: The Last Dark (2012)
- Blood: The Last Vampire L.A. Film (2009) {I very much enjoyed most of this!}

- Dance In The Vampire Bund (2010)
- Trinity Blood (2005)
- Vampire Hunter D (1985)
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Spec Ed.) (2000)

Honorable Mention:
- Castlevania S-1
(2017) [a Spec ed is coming soon to AtA and Zavvi]

Cheers! :happy:

1556334403489.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @Damon M !
so, wrt Patlabor, agreed, I wouldn't get too far in Japanese either, heh. The set I bought from Kimchi is the Korean set, which has both Eng dub and Eng sub).
It's still available, as isn't too horendous a price @ $90 for all three (Lenti Covers)
The better deal, is the Ultimate Collection, available on Amazon ($90) and a number of other sites, as it has all the following;

- "contains episodes 1-47 of the anime series directed by Naoyuki Yoshinaga, episodes 1-16 of Patlabor the Mobile Police: The New Files, episodes 1-7 of The Original OVA Series, and Movies 1-3." :thumbs:

heh, agree about "Garm Wars". May give Skycrawlers a go, it's not expensive right now.

Oh, wrt the Cowboy Bebop Film. The best PQ/AQ available is the Italian "Dynit" release. Has English dub and also orig Japanese with Eng subs. ~ 22 Euro.

Link:
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07N95NDCQ/?tag=hidefnin0f-21

Cheers Buddy!

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN
@Grendel

Yep my two Patlabor movies are the Korean ‘The Blu’ Lenticular editions. They are easily the best releases to date worldwide of the movies. I didn’t get the third film, cause IMO it’s complete and utter garbage:LOL::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
So, as I mentioned, time for another Anime Pic.
I selected "Vampires" as a theme. :vamp:
There are quite a few in the wild but I'm pretty selective. Considering "Black Blood Bros." next and I've been flipping a coin on "Seraph Of The End: Vampire Reign" for almost a year! (I'll probably bite... :sweat:)

Anyway, the few i do have;

- Blood: The Last Vampire (2000)
- Blood+ Box 1 (2005)
- Blood+ Box 2 (2006)
- Blood C (2011)
- Blood C: The Last Dark (2012)
- Blood: The Last Vampire L.A. Film (2009) {I very much enjoyed most of this!}

- Dance In The Vampire Bund (2010)
- Trinity Blood (2005)
- Vampire Hunter D (1985)
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Spec Ed.) (2000)

Honorable Mention:
- Castlevania S-1
(2017) [a Spec ed is coming soon to AtA and Zavvi]

Cheers! :happy:

View attachment 424258
I love Trinity Blood. Used to listen Broken Wings all the time. Haha. Crazy song.
And of course the Blood series. I dont think I've watched the live action yet. You prefer + or -?

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Hi @AlienKing ! The Aniplex FMA;B sets are still at $99usdn (ea.) at RightStuf and honestly, I don't see them dropping.
I picked them up on first release and the PQ/AQ is an incredible improvement, so, I'd advise biting. :)
Since, as you know, when they're gone, they're GONE.
Cute little coins with each set as well, heh.

I'll assuredly check out the "S/S" section you mentioned, tomorrow my friend. It's currently 1:30 am and I had a big day.

Cheers!
Yea that's 200+ usd for a one series lol. But yea I might just bite :D
Talking about it just makes me wanna watch it again. Did you watch the recent live-action?

I love Trinity Blood. Used to listen Broken Wings all the time. Haha. Crazy song.
And of course the Blood series. I dont think I've watched the live action yet. You prefer + or -?

The "+" series is by far the best of the "Blood" franchise, imho.
I really enjoyed the LA! I know some hard-cores think otherwise but I believe also that some folk get so devoted to their Anime that any LA film of their precious series will be denigrated.
Mind the always screaming American damsel in distress in the flik sometimes set my teeth on edge, heh.
I haven't started "Trinity Blood" yet but heard nothing but good about it. Looking forward to watching it this week.

I wish I had included my Hellsing: Ultimate collection in my Vamps pic. I'll add it when I take a new shot of my expanding anime Vampire collection, ;).

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Well done @Mark Wilson !
I selected 10 titles myself from their sale. Can't beat 7.50 quid for an Arrow Blu! :thumbs:

- A Fish Called Wanda
- Cohen And Tate
- 52 Pick-Up
- King of New York
- The Crazies (Romero orig)
- Network
- Incident in a Ghostland
- My Darling Clementine
- Day of Anger (Van Cleef)
- Inferno (Argento)

I'd love to see Arrow do a Blu for "Mother Of Tears" (Argento). Sure the film is crap but the OCD in me wants the trilogy in Blu!

:happy:

Last edited:
Yea that's 200+ usd for a one series lol. But yea I might just bite :D
Talking about it just makes me wanna watch it again. Did you watch the recent live-action?

I didn't really enjoy the LA of FMA:B for one simple reason, they never took the time to explain WHY some of the characters were doing what they were doing, giving little to no motive (which the anime explains very well). Had it been a trilogy of films or even 2, they could have done far more with it. Same could be said for any series i suppose but one this iconic deserved it!
As to the Aniplex Anime Blus, well I wouldn't recommend dropping that kinda coin on just any series (and I won't) but one this legendary I can justify. :happy:
Also, being Aniplex, you know that when it sells out, they'll vault it for a few years.

Last edited: