Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
It is the same thing over and over again. The comic is the same way. Find somewhere safe, get comfy, evil guy comes along to kill some fan-favourites, move on, find somewhere safe, get comfy... same thing all the time. The only thing that's every different is the evil guy ends up being more evil than the last guy. Zombies are always an afterthought. I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but I quit reading The Walking Dead at issue #100 after Negan's first-appearance. I was sick and tired of the same revolving door and seeing my favourites die in a stupid manner. I quit watching the show after the Season 5 mid-season finale after seeing t
wo useless, go-nowhere episodes with The Governor only to have him reappear to the group to hack off Hershel's head. Meh... once Frank Darabont left and we said goodbye to Shane and Laurie, the thing went to hell.

That said, Black MIrror sounds like the perfect show for me. Definitely gonna check that out!
I couldn't have said it better myself! Each season mostly plays out the exact same... it's like they're stuck in a routine, which makes it boring and predictable. Believe it or not, the day after making my previous post I watched another episode or two and haven't gone back to it since... so I've already fallen out of love with it again. :LOL:

I honestly nearly stopped watching around whatever season The Governor first appeared in... I couldn't stand that character. And yeah, the use of the zombies gets worse as the show goes on... it always makes me chuckle when the characters are running away from them for like 10 minutes, only for the zombies to be right behind them again 2 minutes later... I thought they called them "WALKERS" for a reason?!

The show's definitely gone down hill IMO, and I could rant about it all day... but I'll leave it there for the moment. I'll still probably try and at least finish season 6 now that I've started it for the second time though... I want to see how overrated the whole Negan thing is with my own two eyes. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
TIME FOR THE FAVOURITES! :woot::thumbs:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Each season mostly plays out the exact same... it's like they're stuck in a routine, which makes it boring and predictable. Believe it or not, the day after making my previous post I watched another episode or two and haven't gone back to it since... so I've already fallen out of love with it again. :LOL:

I honestly nearly stopped watching around whatever season The Governor first appeared in... I couldn't stand that character. And yeah, the use of the zombies gets worse as the show goes on... it always makes me chuckle when the characters are running away from them for like 10 minutes, only for the zombies to be right behind them again 2 minutes later... I thought they called them "WALKERS" for a reason?!

The show's definitely gone down hill IMO, and I could rant about it all day... but I'll leave it there for the moment. I'll still probably try and at least finish season 6 now that I've started it for the second time though... I want to see how overrated the whole Negan thing is with my own two eyes. :p

I love how we usually see eye-to-eye on most things. :p

And I've now wrapped up my HalloweenFest marathon -- 31 Nights of Horror. I had to go on hiatus while at MondoCon, but I quickly caught up once I got home. In fact, I actually ended up watching 32 scary movies in the 31 days, so that's not too shabby. I gave the Scream series and Halloween 1 & 2 (the JC ones) a break this year in order to catch up with a lot of the new horror films that were in my queue. Anyway, below is my final Halloween flick for this year... and the final one every year. :thumbs:

And below is a list that I made of every movie that I watched this year in order of best to worst...

01- Monster House
02- Trick 'r Treat
03- The Cabin in the Woods
04- Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
05- DEATHGASM
06- Stung
07- Kristy
08- The Shallows
09- Orphan
10- Viral
11- Burying the Ex
12- The Wailing
13- Emilie
14- Friday the 13th Part 3
15- Green Room
16- Bite
17- Exists
18- Phenomena
19- Ava's Possessions
20- Friday the 13th Part 2
21- The Darkness
22- Under the Bed
23- They're Watching
24- Hellbound: Hellraiser II
25- All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
26- Friday the 13th
27- Holidays
28- Nightbreed
29- Hellraiser
30- The Gallows
31- The Neon Demon
32- YellowBrickRoad

So I wrapped up 31 Horror movies for Halloween last night. Missed a day or two here & there (one was to see John Carpenter live, so it was worth it) but I caught up in the end.

My full list ended up being:

1. Jeepers Creepers
  2. Evil Dead
  3. Evil Dead 2
  4. Army of Darkness
  5. Spring
  6. Hellraiser
  7. The Silence of the Lambs
  8. The Visit
  9. Poltergeist
  10. The Burning
  11. Prom Night
  12. The Greasy Strangler
  13. Shaun of the Dead
  14. Nina Forever
  15. Eden Lake
  16. 28 Days Later
  17. Laid to Rest
  18. Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2
  19. Paranorman
  20. The Babadook
  21. The Descent
  22. The Witch
  23. It Follows
  24. The Cabin in the Woods
  25. Ghostbusters
  26. Ghostbusters 2
  27. Hocus Pocus
  28. Evil Dead (2013)
  29. The Exorcist
  30. Trick R’Treat
  31. Halloween

So I wrapped up 31 Horror movies for Halloween last night. Missed a day or two here & there (one was to see John Carpenter live, so it was worth it) but I caught up in the end.

1. Jeepers Creepers
  2. Evil Dead
  3. Evil Dead 2
  4. Army of Darkness
  5. Spring
  6. Hellraiser
  8. The Visit
  9. Poltergeist
  10. The Burning
  11. Prom Night
  12. The Greasy Strangler
  13. Shaun of the Dead
  14. Nina Forever
  15. Eden Lake
  16. 28 Days Later
  17. Laid to Rest
  19. Paranorman
  20. The Babadook
  21. The Descent
  22. The Witch
  23. It Follows
  25. Ghostbusters
  26. Ghostbusters 2
  27. Hocus Pocus
  28. Evil Dead (2013)
  29. The Exorcist
  30. Trick R’Treat
  31. Halloween

You saw JC live?! Lucky you!

That's a great list! I still need to check out Nina Forever and the Laid to Rest films (I also haven't seen The Greasy Strangler, but I really have zero interest to watch that).

Reactions: Flloydo
Good job, man! I love Crimson Peak. GDT sure makes some beautiful-looking movies.
He sure does, the visuals were amazing! I thought the story was excellent too. It's definatly one of my favourites from GDT along with Pans Labyrinth!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
You saw JC live?! Lucky you!

That's a great list! I still need to check out Nina Forever and the Laid to Rest films (I also haven't seen The Greasy Strangler, but I really have zero interest to watch that).

Yeah, I caught the Ireland date of his Retrospective tour, incredible. Hearing all his old classic themes (along with some of his new material) just made me appreciate him even more if thats possible.

The first Laid To Rest was pretty decent but I didn't like the second & I hated The Greasy Strangler! I know its an acquired taste but I think its the worst movie I've seen this year. Nina Forever is fantastic, really enjoyed that one.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Last night I Watched:

Devils due - Not a bad film but not great. Some good moments here and there.
Loved the last couple of seconds though and that music that jumps in was brillaint. Weirdly fitting

Fright night (original) - not as good as I remember but entertaining.

Exists - @tridon i watched this off the back of your review and it being one half of the Blair witch directors. I didn't mind it. A few dark scenes but definatley pays off.
I really freaked out at one moment lol, when they sleep in the car and he wakes up in passenger seat next to his brother and looks about with the camera because he can hear it, I swear it's standing over them looking at them and he don't notice but I think I was tripping out.

Also the main guy is such an idiot but an idiot with balls to start with. Literally trying to befriend it!!! And everytime they get into a situation it's because of him.
Enjoyable film though

Halloween hasn't finished for me and you've got a few on your last couple of lists I want to see, deathgasm, they're watching, stung, the darkness (good shout with stir of echoes - man that's been a while), all the boys love Mandy lane - I thought I had seen this but i don't remember heard so I'll 100% give that a go. (Still got the guest on my list - it's on film four on Saturday so I'll watch it then, and green room - I will watch that soon)

Great list of films you did, good shout on monster house also.

What's viral in your list? V/H/S viral?

For some reason I want to see that yellow brick road to see what you mean. You do this to me, the films you find bad I want to see for a laugh :joy:

• Thanks

1. Jeepers Creepers
  2. Evil Dead
  3. Evil Dead 2
  4. Army of Darkness
  5. Spring
  6. Hellraiser
  8. The Visit
  9. Poltergeist
  10. The Burning
  11. Prom Night
  12. The Greasy Strangler
  13. Shaun of the Dead
  14. Nina Forever
  15. Eden Lake
  16. 28 Days Later
  17. Laid to Rest
  19. Paranorman
  20. The Babadook
  21. The Descent
  22. The Witch
  23. It Follows
  25. Ghostbusters
  26. Ghostbusters 2
  27. Hocus Pocus
  28. Evil Dead (2013)
  29. The Exorcist
  30. Trick R’Treat
  31. Halloween

Excellent list also

I caught a bit of Shaun, hocus pocus and the decent when flicking through the channels.

(Shauns one of my fav films. I still remember the first time I see it and I was a big spaced fan and pegg, frost and Wright in general)

Watched a few more

@tridon I fancied a few off
Your list so I watched that they're watching. It wasn't bad, started off decent with some funny moments (wasn't expecting it to be such a comedy), I really liked the main characters and their banter and I loved the Moldovan javier Bardem too (he was hilarious).
I thought the idea of it in the style of one of those reality home fixer programs was cool and I like it when these found footage films try to do something a little different than just standard found footage.
Some great moments from the creepy locals (the guy who just walks backwards into his home, made me chuckle) but it lost it for about 10 mins just before it went mental

That last 10 mins was crazy, like you said Ken a massive over-use of over the top CGI which made it look like a bad camp power ranger episode. Some cool deaths in there with the locals being ripped apart but it was a little bit too much for me. Just couldn't get over the special effects lol

If they toned all the Lightning down and not so bright it would of been a more decent ending.
Did find the film funny though

Also of the back of your list

All the boys love Mandy lane - Turned out I hadn't seen it. Again not bad and started quite promising, some okayish deaths but i got a little bored at one point because I could see the whole ending coming straight alway. I think when they got to the ranch my first thought was.....

So Emmet will take revenge on them and Mandy will be helping.

and I even knew they would have a death pact that she would break. Too predicable. But heard was hot as always :)

• Thanks
Last night I Watched:

Devils due - Not a bad film but not great. Some good moments here and there.
Loved the last couple of seconds though and that music that jumps in was brillaint. Weirdly fitting

Fright night (original) - not as good as I remember but entertaining.

Exists - @tridon i watched this off the back of your review and it being one half of the Blair witch directors. I didn't mind it. A few dark scenes but definatley pays off.
I really freaked out at one moment lol, when they sleep in the car and he wakes up in passenger seat next to his brother and looks about with the camera because he can hear it, I swear it's standing over them looking at them and he don't notice but I think I was tripping out.

Also the main guy is such an idiot but an idiot with balls to start with. Literally trying to befriend it!!! And everytime they get into a situation it's because of him.
Enjoyable film though

Halloween hasn't finished for me and you've got a few on your last couple of lists I want to see, deathgasm, they're watching, stung, the darkness (good shout with stir of echoes - man that's been a while), all the boys love Mandy lane - I thought I had seen this but i don't remember heard so I'll 100% give that a go. (Still got the guest on my list - it's on film four on Saturday so I'll watch it then, and green room - I will watch that soon)

Great list of films you did, good shout on monster house also.

What's viral in your list? V/H/S viral?

For some reason I want to see that yellow brick road to see what you mean. You do this to me, the films you find bad I want to see for a laugh :joy:
Watched a few more

@tridon I fancied a few off
Your list so I watched that they're watching. It wasn't bad, started off decent with some funny moments (wasn't expecting it to be such a comedy), I really liked the main characters and their banter and I loved the Moldovan javier Bardem too (he was hilarious).
I thought the idea of it in the style of one of those reality home fixer programs was cool and I like it when these found footage films try to do something a little different than just standard found footage.
Some great moments from the creepy locals (the guy who just walks backwards into his home, made me chuckle) but it lost it for about 10 mins just before it went mental

That last 10 mins was crazy, like you said Ken a massive over-use of over the top CGI which made it look like a bad camp power ranger episode. Some cool deaths in there with the locals being ripped apart but it was a little bit too much for me. Just couldn't get over the special effects lol

If they toned all the Lightning down and not so bright it would of been a more decent ending.
Did find the film funny though

Also of the back of your list

All the boys love Mandy lane - Turned out I hadn't seen it. Again not bad and started quite promising, some okayish deaths but i got a little bored at one point because I could see the whole ending coming straight alway. I think when they got to the ranch my first thought was.....

So Emmet will take revenge on them and Mandy will be helping.

and I even knew they would have a death pact that she would break. Too predicable. But heard was hot as always :)

Glad you got to see a few that I watched and that, for the most part, you enjoyed them. Mandy Lane was a decent film, but like you said, it did get boring and predictable at times. Heard is most definitely a beauty, though, so at least it had that going for it. :LOL:

I agree with your points regarding They're Watching, too. It was an interesting, more original take on the found footage genre, but the ending is really just too much. I also called that ending from a mile away... it was pretty obvious considering
how she kept wanting the camera crew to go into the cellar.

Exists was a lot of fun. I definitely enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I was expecting them to keep Bigfoot more hidden (especially since this is from one of the directors of The Blair Witch Project), so I was pleasantly surprised when they showed so much footage of him/her. Glad you liked it.

As for Viral, it's a creature feature/body snatcher type film in the same vein as movies like Slither and The Faculty. I'll post a trailer below. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Status
Not open for further replies.