Latest Framed Posters & Art

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
Mar 20, 2012
Texas, US
I know we have the newly acquired thread, but with the cost of framing these bad boys it can take some time to get these framed. So, I thought I would start a thread to show what's the latest Posters & Art you've gotten framed and how you proudly display it.

:movie:​

Here are the latest I just got back. Note, the wife wants to paint first, so the "how you proudly display it" is not valid in these pics. ;)

attachment.php

Primus "Bass Concert Hall ATX 11/7/12" (Todd Slater) Wife and I went to this show last year. We plan on getting a shadow frame for the ticket stub to go underneath.

attachment.php

Django Unchained (205/250) (Mark Englert) - Gallery1988 "2013 Oscar"

attachment.php

The City of Lost Children (Variant) (Sig 04/70) (Ken Taylor) - Mondo

attachment.php

Transformers "Oversized Version" (Sig 162/225) (Tim Doyle) This actually turned into a gift for my brother in-law. Nice gift. ;)

Finally was able to pick these up from the gallery:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to figure this one out. I may buy it if its a good solution. If not then I won't haha

Someone help!

Well since my last post I went hunting about portfolio's being used for screen print storage and I think its a decent solution based on what I read.. there is a 45 page thread on EB with users talking about portfolio's for screen prints for what thats worth.

Personally, I think im still going to opt for clear acid free poly bags sandwiched between acid free foam board underneath a bed for storage. But this is a good tidy solution as well.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to deter anyone from it. For me, it just seems like too much "handling" for something so easily damaged.

And that's what I do for now Jason. Though one trial and error suggestion is...get a pair of foam cores bigger than your prints. Something like a 30x40.

Last edited:
I have been wanting one of these and have been watching the same one over at Jerry's Artarama(same company I do believe) that runs for $149.99.

Do these portfolio's go on sale at this price often? Or was this a rarity at this price?

So dumb question, this is for the prints that we buy that we don't frame right away? Keeps them safe yeah?

Not so sure I'd want to put a poster in there...what's going to keep it rigid when you turn the "page"

This seems like it's begging for edge creasing

I always read on EB and a few other places people using them to store there screen prints...

Maybe Im wrong. :dunno:

I thought portfolios were a reasonable storage solution... I guess not :wtf:

I bought a 24x36 at the local Jerry's Artarama before Flat Stock this year with the intent of using it to store and protect prints as I bought them. This is also where I buy my foam core sheets.

I cut 2 pieces of foam core to be able to sandwich the prints in the portfolio. I quickly learned this in not going to work for 24x36 prints. :( The size is just that 24x36 with a little extra room, but not enough to put that size print in without damaging the prints. It would be perfect for prints below that size, but if your going somewhere to buy prints or pick them up, then you have to expect to purchase something with has a 36" length or width to it.

I also have to say, carrying this over your shoulder is not the easiest thing to carry around in a crowded area without hitting everyone you walk by.

You could store prints in here for protection at home, but the easiest & cheapest solution for that is as mentioned with 2 pieces of foam core and some bulldog clips. You will find that you need this anyways to flatten prints as you receive them after being in tubes for a good amount of time. Some people store their prints in tubes. EEK! It can take a good amount of time to flatten some prints depending on the paper used and how long it has been rolled.

I just use a 5" x 30" yazoo tube now for travelling with prints. Any travelling I would do with a print would be local anyways. So, rolling them in the tube for a short distance protects them and it does not take long to flatten something that has been rolled for an hour or so. :thumbs:

Plus, a yazoo tube is a great weapon if any poster muggers decide to jack you. :p

I know this is probably not the right place to ask this, but since we are on the discussion of portfolios I figured I would place it here.

I have a bunch of one sheets(dozen or so) that have yet to be framed. Would you guys recommend one of these portfolios for these? I currently have them rolled and stored in the original tube. Would it be better to store them in something like a portfolio or would they be ok leaving them in the tubes?

And regarding the portfolios for storing screen prints; I have read some of the same thing Jason mentioned above. So that is some of the information I have been going by.

I too have had my reservations as to possible damage to the prints during the insertion and removal from the pages. But as I have mentioned before, I am still new to this and can only go by other peoples experiences and what they have to say.

Thanks to roseart's info above, I may hold off a little longer. I'd hate to keep stacking them like they are now as that can be space consuming; plus that is my main reason for wanting a portfolio. But I do not want to chance causing any damage to them either.

Ok, I'm winded now. Thanks to all those who have provided others with a little more info to process.

Reactions: SlimJim24
Sorry, I wasn't trying to deter anyone from it. For me, it just seems like too much "handling" for something so easily damaged.

And that's what I do for now Jason. Though one trial and error suggestion is...get a pair of foam cores bigger than your prints. Something like a 30x40.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion on the larger foam board... it makes sense actually. :thumbs:

Reactions: SlimJim24
All the above was very helpful guys. Thank you so much.

So Chris, I'm going to need to flatten the prints out before I would store them in a portfolio anyway?

If this is the case, someone point me in the direction of all this equipment I'm going to need to flatten (the boards and clips or whatever)

If I need this stuff to flatten first I may as well just not get the portfolio. Especially when there is hesitation from any of you guys who have been doing this a while.

I don't plan on buying a ton of prints without framing them, but I also don't have much room in my apartment. I can see the appeal of a portfolio but I can also see how it would be somewhat redundant (not to mention an extra $100) if I already need the space to flatten out the prints before hand. Someone let me know if my logic is flawed.

So Chris, I'm going to need to flatten the prints out before I would store them in a portfolio anyway?

If this is the case, someone point me in the direction of all this equipment I'm going to need to flatten (the boards and clips or whatever)

If I need this stuff to flatten first I may as well just not get the portfolio. Especially when there is hesitation from any of you guys who have been doing this a while.

I don't plan on buying a ton of prints without framing them, but I also don't have much room in my apartment. I can see the appeal of a portfolio but I can also see how it would be somewhat redundant (not to mention an extra $100) if I already need the space to flatten out the prints before hand. Someone let me know if my logic is flawed.

You don't need anything special to flatten prints just two sheets of foam board or cardboard and than put some books or something on top to give it some pressure.

As far as the portfolio, I like mine. Yes 24x36 prints are snug, but they do fit with a little finesse. I don't have the room for a flat file, so I use the portfolio for the prints and it is nice when I want to view them they are easy to look at and you don't have to handle them. I also store mine vertical behind my bed so it save me room. If you have any prints bigger than 24x36 than you will have to use pieces of foam core and mylar sleeves.

You NEVER want to store prints rolled. Every print you get rolled you must flatten and then store it or frame it.

For flattening all you need really is two pieces of acid free foam board and bulldog clips. Sandwich the print between the two pieces of foam board and put the clips around the edges on the outside and leave it for a week, check on it and see if it still needs to be flattened more and repeat.

Bulldog Clips can be bought from any place like Office Depot, etc. Here is a link to a 36 pack at Staples:

http://www.staples.com/X-Acto-Bulldog-Clips-1-Size-36-Box/product_526020

Acid free foam board in varying sizes for good prices:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...g/foam-and-backing-boards/jerrys-pro-foam.htm

And when your done flattening and your not going to immediately frame the print you can store your flattened print in these clear acid free poly bags and stack prints between a couple foam board pieces... a couple options for buying them:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...g-boards/viewpoint-acid-free-foam-backing.htm

http://www.framedestination.com/bags/protective_crystal_clear_bags/item/BGPRBA/

^^^ Hope that helps.

This portfolio does seem like the ideal way to store prints while still being able to easily access & show them off.

I currently store prints 18x24 or smaller in a single polybag. That seems to be working ok so far. I need one for larger prints though. Right now I have those sandwiched between kraft paper on top of an entertainment center in my bedroom. Not really satisfied with that.

As far as the portfolio, I like mine. Yes 24x36 prints are snug, but they do fit with a little finesse. I don't have the room for a flat file, so I use the portfolio for the prints and it is nice when I want to view them they are easy to look at and you don't have to handle them. I also store mine vertical behind my bed so it save me room. If you have any prints bigger than 24x36 than you will have to use pieces of foam core and mylar sleeves.

Exactly same reason why I bought mine. I have no room for a flat file and won't have that many posters anyways. I prefer the portfolio for the organized way and ease of looking at the posters until they are on my wall. I can't stack posters under my bed or anything where my wild puppy can reach. Going this route will keep my slight OCD cooled as everything will be organized and cleaned. Right now I have posters pretty much on all my higher counters and dressers.

One thing while we're on the topic of storing multiple prints. Make sure you have tissue, kraft paper, poly bags or anything acid free in between every print. The inks tend to bleed after time. You can end up with ink all over the back of another print if there is nothing in between them. Also, if you store 2 prints back to back (meaning the backs are touching), make sure there are no stamps or signatures. These can transfer as well. Some people have learned the hard way with this. EEK!

I actually had some stored this way until I saw pics of others disasters, and luckily none of mine were affected. :ohno:

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I went with black suede matting and masterpiece glass!!!:LOL:

2ppc.jpg

AND NOW!!!!!

ig7o.jpg

And before you point it out, I know. That's how my studs were aligned! Although, I will probably use the Lannister spot for the red viper banner to continue the red theme.:thumbs:

I went with black suede matting and masterpiece glass!!!:LOL:

2ppc.jpg

AND NOW!!!!!

ig7o.jpg

And before you point it out, I know. That's how my studs were aligned! Although, I will probably use the Lannister spot for the red viper banner to continue the red theme.:thumbs:

The lion is beautiful :drool: , I'm looking for a long time that one if anyone knows where I can get it :D

thx

Reactions: Che
yo homie if what you mean by studs alligned is that your MoD could be a tad to the right then I got a TIP for you ....

I recently had to hang this Django , and its FREAKIN heavy! (has that real prop replica gun inside) ive found you can get this a your hardware store (or lowes or homedepot) i got mine at lowes.

I used the 50lb for the django but used 25 for scarface mondo (which is more than enough)

gorilla%2Bhook.JPG

best hanging invention ever .... right in the drywall (2 small holes) no need for studs.