Lion King (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
Collectable Case'

October 4 2011

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147037.p?id=2258026&skuId=3147037&st=Lion King pre-sell&lp=1&cp=1

3147037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak
Blu-devil-you sound like you definitely need a break with the weather conditions you've been having. Hurricane Irene is supposed to come ashore here on East Coast in USA tomorrow evening. Outside now? Beautiful clear sky-as they say..the "calm before the storm".

I'm going to check my Best Buy tonight. I've been waiting since Beauty and the Beast (last year) for the next classic animated Disney feature in steel/iron/book.

I just wish they'd go back and redo Fantasia, Fox and Hound, and Dumbo which they missed while they were sorting this out. Looks like they are redoing Bambi at Futureshop at least.

how does the quality of this feel? I have one of these cases for my Dune DVD and it feels pretty solid. The Toy Story 3 ironpack I got from Best Buy feels like crap compared to it. Neither are as nice as a steelbook but I haven't bought one of these in quite a few years and am curious how they feel quality-wise now.

I have every steelbook release by Disney to this day + all Disney Treasure in metal case. So i'm a big Disney fan. But I really think they went the wrong way with those crappy metal thing. I truly think they let us down with this new wave.

Really unhappy fan :angry:

I agree all the plastic showing on the spine looks like crap, but I will get it anyways, as we don't get too many releases here in the states. Don't mean to sound stoopid, but this is a Blu Ray size not DVD, correct?

I agree all the plastic showing on the spine looks like crap, but I will get it anyways, as we don't get too many releases here in the states. Don't mean to sound stoopid, but this is a Blu Ray size not DVD, correct?

Correct, it's g2 (blu-ray size)

Blu-devil-you sound like you definitely need a break with the weather conditions you've been having. Hurricane Irene is supposed to come ashore here on East Coast in USA tomorrow evening. Outside now? Beautiful clear sky-as they say..the "calm before the storm".

To you and all our members in the East Coast area. Stay inside, stock up on essentials and don't take any chances. Be careful.

Recieved this case this mornng. Bought it off another forum for $15 shipped to the UK !

Love the artwork, but I agree that the metalbox ?!? itself has alot to be desired.

I will stick to Steelbooks as priority

Craig

I got 2 on my hands today but the associte read the back and returned them to the back, snif, snif, tried in one more sotre but lazy guy did not search for them.......

I agree this looks cheap and feels cheap in your hands, howeve there is something addictive about the Disney collector editions. Metal cases of all varieties.
I didn't want to but I got g force from amazon.de this morning.

I agree this looks cheap and feels cheap in your hands, howeve there is something addictive about the Disney collector editions. Metal cases of all varieties.
I didn't want to but I got g force from amazon.de this morning.

lol:hilarious: i did passed the test...didn't buy it...but almost:hilarious:

I thought it was not releasing until October 4th?

That's the movie.

The pre-sell case is supposed to be available starting today, at your local Best Buy.

I've e-mailed them at the website, wondering if they are going to correct the date on there, and when my orders for the group buy will ship.

Reactions: darczap
That's the movie.

The pre-sell case is supposed to be available starting today, at your local Best Buy.

I've e-mailed them at the website, wondering if they are going to correct the date on there, and when my orders for the group buy will ship.

Thanks for that. I thought I had to wait a month to get it. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. Just noticed that my order doesn't say it's ready for pick up yet.