Lion King (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
Collectable Case'

October 4 2011

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147037.p?id=2258026&skuId=3147037&st=Lion King pre-sell&lp=1&cp=1

3147037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak
Also remember - that's a custom build of UP - just so there's on confusion - it was a jumbo blu-ray steelbook release only. ;)

Hi all, just a quick note in order to help answer any questions. Iron Packs can not be sold due to a legal issue. These products are created by a different company and have nothing to do with Steelbooks(TM), Iron Packs(TM) or Metal Pak(TM). Thanks for sharing the additional pics, everyone! DB

IMG_2377.jpg

Thanks to SheBluMyFrontEnd from another forum !

Wow!!! The plastic spine looks SO CHEAP! :(

Tx for clarifying that UP! is a custom because now I was wondering why I only had a jumbo case (that I personnally hate, would better prefer original Steel)

Got this today, it had one spot (albeit small) missing paint .. not much. Had a nice scratch hidden on the back (and there was paper backing at first) and had a small ding. The embossing is not deep embossing like a steelbook if that makes any sense. So different machine does it I would presume. The back is same as front which makes it look lame. The plastic on both sides does look cheap.

Good luck getting a pristine edition of this. IronPacks seemed to have better quality. This seems better than a metalpak, but not as a good as an IronPack and certainly not close to the quality of a steelbook imo.

Do what you like, but I recommend buying The Lion King Taiwan steelie.

Reactions: Shanester
Wreck,

So basically you're saying it looks as cheap in person as it does in the photos??? :D

Did you see any of the others on display??

Cheers!!

Its not extremely bad, but for it to have a scratch on the back hidden away ... a small ding and then some very weird paint chip ; which lead me to believe they dont print as good or its just an odd thing who knows ... gives the assumption to say yeah ... they look cheap. If you were to open it too much, with the way it shows how it opens in that picture it seems like it might break in half. But ofcourse I guess thats only if you open it too much or hard.

Unless you can hand pick this, it might be a pain in the ass receiving. I'll post some pics up later, and it was not on display ... I got this elsewhere. (not at best buy) It's also now gone and I dont have anymore. (fyi)

Again, it wasnt extremely bad, but I fear an inferior product and we have enough problems avoiding dings,dents and scratches ... but the plastic on the spine looks ugly .. IronPack looked better.

And of course, SteelBook feels and looks better. This new product uses a VERY thin metal ...

And of course, SteelBook feels and looks better. This new product uses a VERY thin metal ...

That's the first thing I noticed in some of the pictures immediately. Doesn't look any where near as durable as SB's or IP's. It's a real shame.

Wreck,

So basically you're saying it looks as cheap in person as it does in the photos??? :D

Did you see any of the others on display??

Cheers!!

See post #44. And they have the Chinese constructing Arks in the movie 2012. Personally I'd much rather take my chances with a bath tub and a couple of large ladles.

Reactions: Shanester
See post #44. And they have the Chinese constructing Arks in the movie 2012. Personally I'd much rather take my chances with a bath tub and a couple of large ladles.

I'll probably need that bath tub and the ladels given the hurricane scheduled to travel up the coast of the Eastern USA this weekend.

I think I just spotted John Cusack driving past in a limo with no doors. EEK! :ohno:

I'll probably need that bath tub and the ladels given the hurricane scheduled to travel up the coast of the Eastern USA this weekend.

I think I just spotted John Cusack driving past in a limo with no doors. EEK! :ohno:

I know how you must feel. We've been hit by an endless round of Typhoons and Monsoons. Last week we had 3 months worth of monsoon rains in under 3 hours. I think I saw one of the Arks floating past :drool:

I know how you must feel. We've been hit by an endless round of Typhoons and Monsoons. Last week we had 3 months worth of monsoon rains in under 3 hours. I think I saw one of the Arks floating past :drool:

Re: Ark :hilarious: Re: the rest-I hope you and your loved ones were ok...