Marvel Collector Corps (Discussion Thread) [Funko]

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
This statement was made by Brian Mariotti (President of Funko) last week about Marvel. It was made in the POP!s section of another forum by Mariotti himself.

"Keep your eyes on a special announcement coming directly from Marvel next week. Next week could one of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko." -Brian Mariotti

Anyone have a guess as to what it is? What are you hoping for?

I love the Hobgoblin pop i mean always like the character anyway in Spiderman, everything else though i have zero interest in. You would of thought with the price it was that you would get at least 2 pops (Considering you can get two pops in a regular box sometimes) Honestly these sub boxes have been dropping the ball a bit more than a few times now unfortunately IMO.

I totally agree. I mean I like Dorbz but a lot of people don't and they can be bought for much cheaper than pops and to be this big exclusive box I think the stuff chosen is about what you would have got in the ordinary box and I really don't like those Hikari figures.These boxes are giving people some odd choices imagine if you bought this from the UK thats like £100 then shipping and then you'll have a ton of customs for a few dorbz and an odd selection of stuff. I'd be so gutted :(

@Flash @pdbluray
I LOVE that Hobgoblin Pop! And the Groot Hat!
I don't collect Hikari (so I'll probably end up selling him and could probably get most of my money back on that alone).
The Ant Man Dorb looks pretty cute too.
I actually am happy with the box contents... But I agree... Would have much rather had a couple more Pops in there instead of the Hikari.
I thought for sure there would have been some sort of Pop Rides one in there. Oh well.
Still feels a little pricey, but thats because of the Hikari.

Reactions: Flash
@Flash @pdbluray
I LOVE that Hobgoblin Pop! And the Groot Hat!
I don't collect Hikari (so I'll probably end up selling him and could probably get most of my money back on that alone).
The Ant Man Dorb looks pretty cute too.
I actually am happy with the box contents... But I agree... Would have much rather had a couple more Pops in there instead of the Hikari.
I thought for sure there would have been some sort of Pop Rides one in there. Oh well.
Still feels a little pricey, but thats because of the Hikari.

I got my box today and probably won't be selling any of the stuff. I did browse the ebay prices and it does look like you can probably make the box free by just selling a couple of the items from it though. Not a Hikari fan (always thought they looked weird) but this one will probably remain in my collection as I've been on a Captain America kick lately.

The spoiler tags in this thread are killing me:)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
God if the Spider-Man box doesn't have a Spider-Man pop you can stick on the wall or something I will be disappointed.

I would love to see a Scarlett Spider Pop! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
348876-107313-scarlet-spider.jpg

Found this cool custom online:
untitled-Rick_Bouden_Textureme_Customs-Pop_Vinyl-trampt-222304m.jpg

Or maybe a cool Spider-Man villain? there are so many great ones yet to make...

Either way I hope they include 2 Pops... I have found the Boxes somewhat disappointing as of late. they need to do something to get me excited again.

We will find out tomorrow!!!

• Thanks
HERE IS THE SPIDER-MAN BOX. WARNING FULL SPOILERS!!!

VERY Spider-Man themed for sure.
- Patch
- Pin
- Comic
- Hat
- Fabrikation
- Pop

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 11.58.15 AM.png

I'm actually happy with this box. Its pretty "safe"... but thats ok.

Last edited:
@kaw

OMG is that it, that is all that's in it?? They are getting worse and worse, one pop that looks very similar to the one in the two pack, nothing special and who wants those plushes or a hat? Wow that's disappointing I read so many cool guesses of what might be included :(

I watched a very funny video last night of someone opening the year box, worth a watch if you have been unimpressed by these lately.

Reactions: kaw
I watched a very funny video last night of someone opening the year box, worth a watch if you have been unimpressed by these lately.

Great video @Flash
Although I would like to point out that not all of us Canadian's sound like that. haha ...eh.

But ...I agree. the Value of the Year One box was not worth $125.
They say that every $25 box is $50 worth of stuff. Which means the Year One box should have had $250 worth of stuff in it.
If I had to value that box. I would say its worth around $50 MAX.

While I may be in the minority of people that actually really like the Hats (I find they a nice change from the Shirt, which can often be hit or miss).

The Hikari is the biggest joke of the box. its NOT NUMBERED (which makes it's value less then any MCC pop). If you look online its going for only around $20 and there are TONS of them.

If I could go back in time, I would stop myself from buying the box... and maybe just try and find a Hobgoblin for sale on its own.

@kaw looking at them,
i think the spiderman in the pack with Hawkeye is actually cooler than this one as he has the shield. Do you not think they should have reversed them and you'd think you were getting something special?

@Flash
Spider-Man is one of my favorite Marvel Characters so I pretty easy to please with this box.

Yes, I would have preferred something a little more special. They should have had the Hawkeye / Spider-man 2 pack in the Civil War box IMO.
And then for this Box... just do something non-movie related.

Not sure who is making the decisions on the boxes lately but I think they need to re-think how they are treating us.
I once was subscribed to all 3 boxes. I have now canceled The DC and Star Wars box... and I don't think I will order the Dr. Strange box.
If they start improving them, I may reconsider getting them again. But right now, the contents isn't worth my money for the most part.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Yes disappointing,
agreed that set should have maybe been in this box or they could have done something amazing like imagine a hanging spiderman upside with a Mary Jane pop? When they used to include two pops and a tshirt for the same price to then get one pop and a hat that most people don't want, funko are pushing it

It would've been better if it was MCU spiderman with the new suit, the Fabrikation just looks cheap, the hat is kinda cool but not everyone wears snap backs, everyone wears shirts though. Shame, was looking forward to this one

I was very, very disappointed with the Spiderman box and I've turned off my auto-renew for now. We'll see if it gets better but after that box being a let down for me, I'm out for a while.

I was very, very disappointed with the Spiderman box and I've turned off my auto-renew for now. We'll see if it gets better but after that box being a let down for me, I'm out for a while.

These boxes started very good and once they had people sucked in they've got worse and worse, I don't know anyone who wears hats/caps so having them instead of a Tshirt isn't very good. I think most people buy these boxes for pop funko so putting fabrication/dorbz/reaction figures/hikari isn't really what people want.

The price isn't bad but for people in the Uk getting hit with customs it's too much for what you get. That year box people were particularly upset with.

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
These boxes started very good and once they had people sucked in they've got worse and worse, I don't know anyone who wears hats/caps so having them instead of a Tshirt isn't very good. I think most people buy these boxes for pop funko so putting fabrication/dorbz/reaction figures/hikari isn't really what people want.

The price isn't bad but for people in the Uk getting hit with customs it's too much for what you get. That year box people were particularly upset with.

I really liked the t-shirt so getting a hat was a very big surprise for me.

I actually enjoyed the dorbz, those were pretty good, and while I liked the deadpool box with the LITTLE plushy guy in that, getting a giant one of spiderman was pretty lame overall!