Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: January 19th, 2015
Price: £29.99
Purchase link: Amazon UK

image.jpg

More info:

[Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Eureka! Entertainment
have announced the release of Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition, the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery. Limited to just 4000 units worldwide and including an opportunity with every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Release date: January 19, 2015

Metropolis will get another steelbook release from Eureka!/Masters of Cinema. Metropolis was the first ever MoC steelbook release, and the only one without a numbered spine.

Also available from 19 January 2015, Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis [Reconstructed & Restored], the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery.

More info here

i think this will be available at amazon.it

Yes but only as an import. It will still be the same UK release. The placeholder listing on their site is for the UK edition.

When placing an order for a number of titles, it often pays to shop around Amazon's various European sites to check on current prices and available offers. In particular, amazon.it and amazon.es, as you can also order British, French and German releases from them and, if ordered at the same time, you only get one shipping charge for the whole order.

This looks even nicer than the first edition, IMO, and the fact it includes the alternate version of the film (previously releases seperately) as a bonus Blu-ray (instead of another DVD disc of the main movie) makes this the nicer steelbook. Glad I sold the other edition now... will gladly buy this edition.

This looks even nicer than the first edition, IMO, and the fact it includes the alternate version of the film (previously releases seperately) as a bonus Blu-ray (instead of another DVD disc of the main movie) makes this the nicer steelbook. Glad I sold the other edition now... will gladly buy this edition.

Better? You're kidding, right? It's a good design (as is to be expected from MoC) and I'll definitely double dip (I got the original steelbook release), but the original design is iconic. I guess a lot of collectors would have gone mad had Eureka! decided to recycle the original artwork, but I still think that's the best design. In many ways, this is the edition that should have gone up in smoke during the riots.

Reactions: MrBMT
...and the price drops on the first one in 3...2...1
That seems unlikely IMO, considering the original is always going to be the rare one due to the fire.
Personally, I also much prefer the origional's artwork.

The artwork on the original release WAS amazing... but I think this is even better -- not to mention this has both versions of the film, which is a huge plus for this release.

I had sold the original version but am glad to be able to have a second option for this re-release.