Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: January 19th, 2015
Price: £29.99
Purchase link: Amazon UK

image.jpg

More info:

[Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Eureka! Entertainment
have announced the release of Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition, the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery. Limited to just 4000 units worldwide and including an opportunity with every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, clearly I'm the odd one out :p but I much prefer the artwork on the original to this - I'm even more glad I picked it up when I did now.

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
No. Instead of the DVD copy found in 2010 release, there will be a second Blu-ray Disc with Giorgio Moroder's 1984 version of the film and new special features (45-minute documentary). So it's a more complete edition.

Ooh very nice, I always like a bonus disc instead of an additional copy of the movie

Reactions: jono3000
Beautiful artwork. A definite purchase for me since I missed out on the original release and have not been prepared to pay the extortionate prices it now commands on eBay.

Hopefully, this release will alter the market dynamics sufficiently for copies of the first release to begin to drop to a more reasonable level. I'd still like to get hold of a copy of the original release to satisfy the completist in me.

I suppose they will re-release the others that got burned in the fire.

Still not sure what I think of this art. Will order first and ask questions later!!

Last edited:
looks nice, but why dont they release something new. they have so many great films in their catalogue and instead choose to rinse metropolis out.

For me this is amazing, the first steel is in limited quatitiies because of the fire, so another steel is great imo!

I love the fact ist has the 1984 're-scored and 're-cut version as well... Really is a definitive release for this film! EEK!

Reactions: augustus
looks nice, but why dont they release something new. they have so many great films in their catalogue and instead choose to rinse metropolis out.
Eureka releases new titles every month. If they don't release new steelbooks it's because their old ones did not sell well enough. Most of them are still available and often on sale for 10 pounds or less. Eureka can't afford to produce a punch of steelbooks and sit on them for five years until they're sold out. In the end it's a business, not charity, and Eureka are on the niche side of the business. Metropolis is one of their best-sellers and justifies a new release. It's been over four years since the previous edition was released and over three years since the steelbook version has been available. Plus, it includes Giorgio Moroder's version and a documentary that were not available for the original release in 2010.