Midsommar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 9, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,980
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (USA only)

DAC3F587-E0FD-42D4-8DB6-2BA42741AF99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same experience when ordering Midsommar and 2 other steelbooks subsequently. All packed perfectly and held by plastic within a large box, but I guess it is hit and miss as with most amazons, For me amazon.co.jp has always been the reliable exception to the rule!
maybe i was just unlucky then.. but apparently it is possible to get an inferior packaging.. even if its less likely

Mine arrived today, just out of interest, really well packed, card for support, stuck into the bottom of the box. Excellent. So quick too :)

Attachments

• B5A9926A-4C2C-4411-B657-912D4C58E84B.jpeg
    B5A9926A-4C2C-4411-B657-912D4C58E84B.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 124
  • D6BF9AE5-08C7-4FB7-B064-B868F58344C6.jpeg
    D6BF9AE5-08C7-4FB7-B064-B868F58344C6.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 115
its a great edition overall.. better than your average premium, but the steelbook isnt very good imo... the front is good(ish), while the back is quite bad frankly.. im sure what they actually had in mind was great, but the execution is flawed (the „golden“ parts are basicly just bare steel with thin layer of paint and therefore super streaky)

Reactions: jasong
Honestly, why didn’t I know this was this good. Love this edition. The attention to detail, slip and steel are gorgeous. Made me “wow” in places when unwrapping. :)

Nice! Will have to pick this up too. I think looking at pics I prefer it to the A24 release, what edition do you think is better (you have both right)? Only buying one so I'm gonna have to choose.. :ohno:

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the editions? I'm counting 4 on the site, they all look the same but vary in price.

its a great edition overall.. better than your average premium, but the steelbook isnt very good imo... the front is good(ish), while the back is quite bad frankly.. im sure what they actually had in mind was great, but the execution is flawed
Think it will be one of my favourites, I love the quality, feels like real care has been taken with many of this bits. I love the steel design too (and the back). Thanks for heads up :)

Reactions: hatredhorror
Nice! Will have to pick this up too. I think looking at pics I prefer it to the A24 release, what edition do you think is better (you have both right)? Only buying one so I'm gonna have to choose.. :ohno:

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the editions? I'm counting 4 on the site, they all look the same but vary in price.
1x regular blu ray steelbook
1x amazon blu ray steelbook with extra mini-posters
1x regular uhd steelbook
1x amazon uhd steelbook with extra mini-posters

Reactions: zeebeer and jasong

Blimey, that’s tough. I love the A24 coffee table edition. It’s so different. I think if I had to choose I’d have this one. It’s more traditional in design, but an amazing example. Get both if possible! :)

The version include a Blu-ray one, a 4K, one has the 3 discs, 4K and the 3 posters. Look at the last link above, that has everything. :)

Blimey, that’s tough. I love the A24 coffee table edition. It’s so different. I think if I had to choose I’d have this one. It’s more traditional in design, but an amazing example. Get both if possible! :)

The version include a Blu-ray one, a 4K, one has the 3 discs, 4K and the 3 posters. Look at the last link above, that has everything. :)
Thanks. Will go for this edition:)

Reactions: jasong
Mine is at customs with DHL, paid today and it will be delivered tomorrow. In overall I am glad that I waited for price to drop and to use my points I had on Amazon. Now I just pray for no damages. Btw whole design is done by A24 and these days are doing outstanding work.

Last edited:
When you think you’ve seen it all. Item arrived okay which I consider is a bloody miracle. Paid import fees but fvck Amazon and their packing. If this was sent with some regular post it will arrive totally smashed and unrecognizable.

Attachments

• 27A6F532-D49E-4514-BED2-F3282EF71D65.jpeg
    27A6F532-D49E-4514-BED2-F3282EF71D65.jpeg
    721.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 0124BAE5-2559-4B17-830B-AD7154FC1C13.jpeg
    0124BAE5-2559-4B17-830B-AD7154FC1C13.jpeg
    608.7 KB · Views: 107
When you think you’ve seen it all. Item arrived okay which I consider is a bloody miracle. Paid import fees but fvck Amazon and their packing. If this was sent with some regular post it will arrive totally smashed and unrecognizable.
yep, welcome to the club.. thats how my edition arrived as well.. unpadded paper sleeve.. i mean.. cmon!

I always order a few items from Amazon Japan to make sure they ship in a box with the items packaged safely with plastic.
That is so weird. I ordered Midsommar (twice), Blade Runner 2049 and Cosmopolis individually over the last 6 months and they always came in a giant box with the steel strapped to a very solid piece of cardboard with plastic. I'm totally shocked to see these pics of paper bags now :scat:

Reactions: MM3
That is so weird. I ordered Midsommar (twice), Blade Runner 2049 and Cosmopolis individually over the last 6 months and they always came in a giant box with the steel strapped to a very solid piece of cardboard with plastic. I'm totally shocked to see these pics of paper bags now :scat:
I've had items shipped both ways, but haven't had items shipped in a bag for a while. Might be because I always return damaged stuff and leave a note about how media should be shipped safely in a box instead of a bag.