Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation - In theaters July 31, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher McQuarrie[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Simon Pegg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paula Patton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Renner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ving Rhames[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rebecca Ferguson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alec Baldwin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]America Olivo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Simon McBurney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zhang Jingchu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jorge Leon Martinez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hermione Corfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Cronin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lasco Atkins[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-31[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
6PgpI2Uj4s1solkGWaYXP5QgO1I.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.
With: Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames, Alec Baldwin and more...

Trailer:

mission5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this looks amazing! I caught only the end of the trailer on TV last night but at least they're marketing this Cruise film as opposed to the last! Wife and I will be seeing this at release, she really liked Ghost Protocol.

Purchased my IMAX tickets weeks ago for this. Loved the TV series and all the movies despite some of their obvious flaws.

Looking forward to the new trailer and more gratuitous shots of Rebecca Ferguson. Didn't even remember her in Hercules but she's got a mature bad ass woman look that fits the MI world. My current ratings of the movies are: 4, 1, 2 and 3. Most would consider 2 last for good reason, but I'm a huge John Woo fan, so I'm insanely biased.

Really looking forward to seeing this.. wasn't a fan of Tom in the early days until I saw a few good men, and he's made so many great films now that I watch again and again.. he's very impressive, always enjoy watching the extras on his films, really interesting the lengths he goes to for the stunts. Going to watch all four movies again before this hits the cinema:oohyeah:

Watched it last night (advanced screening). I think that it's another extremely well-done entry in the MI series. It's pretty tough to go wrong with Tom Cruise taking the helm as Ethan Hunt, but then throw in Jeremy Renner--and Pegg, Rhames and the sultry Rebecca Ferguson--and now you're cooking with gas. There were a couple of scenes that really stood out to me. One takes place at the opera. While I don't care for the opera, the action of that scene backed against the melodic sounds of the opera taking place on stage was thrilling. The other scene was the driving sequence. And while some may complain about the sometimes jarring splice between practical and CGI in that sequence, I thought that the stunts and the overall direction of the scene was very unique. It was one of the more entertaining driving scenes that I've seen in a movie in a couple of years.

For me, I thought the movie started to drag just a bit in the second half (but I was a little bit tired even before going into the theater), but the performances from Cruise, Renner and Rebecca Ferguson were solid and that kept me engaged. Throw in a fun script and the dynamic, orchestral soundtrack (it is Mission: Impossible, after all) and you've got a hit. If you want to compare it to the earlier entry in the Mission: Impossible series, then I would say Ghost Protocol edges this one out. But that's only very slightly, I thought Ghost Protocol was an amazing movie. I choose not to think in terms of "which one was better" and instead choose to think that Rogue Nation simply took the baton that Ghost Protocol handed it and just kept sprinting. I highly recommend that people go and see this movie. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

(And if you're wavering about seeing in theaters vs. waiting until bluray--check it out in the theater. If you're able, then definitely go for a large-format screen and Dolby Atmos. This is one of those movies that is definitely worth a trip to theater.)

Last edited:
Watched it last night. I think that it's another extremely well-done entry in the MI series. It's pretty tough to go wrong with Tom Cruise taking the helm as Ethan Hunt, but then throw in Jeremy Renner--and Pegg, Rhames and the sultry Rebecca Ferguson--and now you're cooking with gas. There were a couple of scenes that really stood out to me. One takes place at the opera. While I don't care for the opera, the action of that scene backed against the melodic sounds of the opera taking place on stage was thrilling. The other scene was the driving sequence. And while some may complain about the sometimes jarring splice between practical and CGI in that sequence, I thought that the stunts and the overall direction of the scene was very unique. It was one of the more entertaining driving scenes that I've seen in a movie in a couple of years.
For me, I thought the movie started to drag just a bit in the second half (but I was a little bit tired even before going into the theater), but the performances from Cruise, Renner and Rebecca Ferguson were solid and that kept me engaged. Throw in a fun script and the dynamic, orchestral soundtrack (it is Mission: Impossible, after all) and you've got a hit. If you want to compare it to the earlier entry in the Mission: Impossible series, then I would say Ghost Protocol edges this one out. But that's only very slightly, I thought Ghost Protocol was an amazing movie. I choose not to think in terms of "which one was better" and instead choose to think that Rogue Nation simply took the baton that Ghost Protocol handed it and just kept sprinting. I highly recommend that people go and see this movie.

(And if you're wavering about seeing in theaters vs. waiting until bluray--check it out in the theater. If you're able, then definitely go for a large-format screen and Dolby Atmos. This is one of those movies that is definitely worth a trip to theater.)
@RekLess Awesome! :woot: Thanks for the review buddy! :notworthy: Earlier today I just finished watching the 1st one (gonna skip the 2nd :D) and continue with the rest before I see this tomorrow! :thumbs: :cool: