MLB 2012 (glad it's finally started!)

SlimJim24

Team Emma
Premium Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
California
so "opening night"

josh johnson v kyle lohse

looks like josh isn't the guy he used to be, quite a bummer, not actually watching the game but i'm not used to seeing him give up 8 hits in two games let alone 4 innings! he's still one of my favorite pitchers so hopefully he rebounds from this

wow so mlb gameday has this cool new thing added that i just noticed, called scout... when you're watching the pitch by pitch sometimes it'll say things. it just said this "Scout: Josh johnson is really trying to keep Rafael Furcal close at first base"

think that's really neat, if you can't watch the game it'll give you a little better in depth analysis! definitely impressed with gameday's improvement

looks like my boy david freese is doing good in the 5 hole, hopefully he stays there all year with that good lineup, even without Pujols

anyone with comments or questions or just observations chime in!

this is the year the Blue Jays make the playoffs! even in the division of death...

b97f080241058d249124a9a668ae.jpg

Hah! I laugh at that. Do I seem like a band wagon fan? :D

GO TRIBE! Always been an Indians fan, always will be!

Was hoping Texas would have won so I didn't have to hear about the damn cardinals all year :hilarious:

Hah! I laugh at that. Do I seem like a band wagon fan? :D

GO TRIBE! Always been an Indians fan, always will be!

Was hoping Texas would have won so I didn't have to hear about the damn cardinals all year :hilarious:

oh haha, the way you talked about David Freese I assumed Cards fan, my mistake.

I was going for Texas too :joy:

Oh, I'm excited! I kept thinking opening day started two days ago and kept trying to find the channel the game was on. Never found it.:hilarious:

Seriously though, I love opening day and spring baseball. Love watching it and loved playing. The smell of the grass, new uni's, sunflower seeds, crack of the bat, etc.:scat:

Damn now you making me wnat to get back into watching baseball thunda ;) we coulda/shoulda went to some spring training ;)

Haha you two are too busy with steelbooks to go out and enjoy some baseball! Crazy. It's gonna be a fun season I think. I got two pitchers going today in our league and four tomorrow. Should be a good start to the season :)

Haha you two are too busy with steelbooks to go out and enjoy some baseball! Crazy. It's gonna be a fun season I think. I got two pitchers going today in our league and four tomorrow. Should be a good start to the season :)

Not last night we weren't. Had some fun playing MLB 2012 The Show. Nice pitching duels. Not real baseball, but baseball nonetheless!

Cliff lee just pitched 10 innings. What a bad ass. If he wouldn't have been up on the line up it would have been interesting to see if they'd let him do 11. His pitch count after 10 was right around 100 only.

Sweet. Too bad Jim thome had to pinch hit for him. Who coincidentally inspired my username about 10 years ago. Fun fact.

I'm a Jays fan. I don't see them making the playoffs this year, but each year they keep getting better and better, and with Boston falling apart and the Yankees getting older, I can see the playoffs coming soon for the Jays

Reactions: FanOfGaming
Yankees in 2012, gonna bring home number 28

but I do have an extremely tough decision, which is the next yankee jersey to buy (eventually I will end up with both) but do I get Cano or Granderson? Decisions Decisions

And Yes Cyclonus is wearing a Yankees hat.

That A.L. East is going to be a good race all season long. Small part of me would like to see the Orioles or Blue Jays make some noise in the division. Boston is a huge question mark this year.

I have my eyes set on 2014. Hoping Epstein can bring in some good players to the Cubs over the next couple of years. Because it is going to be a LOOOONNNNGGGGGG season in Chicago. With 100 loses as a possibly reality. :(

Go tribe! Being generous and letting the royals finally win after 12 straight loses.

Mike you've gotta get cano!!!! I hate the Yankees but he's a monster at 4

Yeah he's a beast. But if I remember correctly he's a first half guy. But don't quote me cause I've never paid much attention to him overall. For some reason just not a fan. My boy Chris young was going off as well until he got hurt. Booooo!!