Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk - £14.00
Base.com - £11.99
Zavvi.com - £15.99
Notes: Gloss finish

11095886-5884279789318725.jpg

11095886-1494279789325961.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know the transfer is the same as the US release; and certainly my slipcase uk edition is very good.

If you take the time to read the ass complaining on Amazon, he's whining on about adverts for other films beign present, and not liking the way the menus have changed from the humerous format of the DVD, but actually says sod all about the transfer being poor.

I think this blu-ray has a gorgeous transfer, a few scenes do have some slight blurring compared to others but I think that is to be expected with a film of this age.
Other than that, its sharp vibrant and the closest to being perfect that I think will ever be possible.

It is missing the fake movie intro that is on the dvd version/

The audio is phenomenal compared to Life of Brian (which is very tinny) despite being made a few years earlier and on a shoe string budget in comparison.

Last edited:
I'm not in to these movies anymore watched this the other day, not as funny as I remember, smart in parts though. Going to skip all the Monty Python movies, helps me slow down the zavvi orders.

see where your coming from, but i never personally trust reviews as people don't always have the best set up and then moan. one person who usually is very good on disc knowledge i have found is @paulboland perhaps he could shed some light on the subject maybe?

Reviews can be very helpful. I find it odd that the Blu-ray site reviewer and user ratings give the PQ stellar marks across the board, but the UK disc has one user review that gives it a terrible review and several Amazon.co.uk users give it a terrible review as well. Some give it a good review too but the point is that they're mixed.

As far as I know the transfer is the same as the US release; and certainly my slipcase uk edition is very good.

If you take the time to read the ass complaining on Amazon, he's whining on about adverts for other films beign present, and not liking the way the menus have changed from the humerous format of the DVD, but actually says sod all about the transfer being poor.

The first reviewer does complain about the ads, but there are other reviews I linked to that say it barely looks better than the DVD. It would be nice if someone could confirm for certain that the discs are the same and that UK reviewers just have terrible eyes :p

Reviews can be very helpful. I find it odd that the Blu-ray site reviewer and user ratings give the PQ stellar marks across the board, but the UK disc has one user review that gives it a terrible review and several Amazon.co.uk users give it a terrible review as well. Some give it a good review too but the point is that they're mixed.

The first reviewer does complain about the ads, but there are other reviews I linked to that say it barely looks better than the DVD. It would be nice if someone could confirm for certain that the discs are the same and that UK reviewers just have terrible eyes :p

From personal viewing I'd say the copy I own is very watchable.

As for being barely better than the DVD, the last one I bought - the gold slipcase edition is very crisp. I've not played it via HD sources i.e. upscaled it, but I can't imagine it would be a chore to watch it.

Perhaps more accurately, the reviewers have done what a lot of book reviewers do - skip-view (they call it skip-reading in the book trade) ; which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Besides all that, we all view things differently because our eyes are unique, and despite what some people think, cannot be 'trained' - you can be taught to look for certain things, as when having a sight test and you have to click the button every time you see a white dot, etc.

But given the way some people view LCD/LED and don't see the flaws inherent in it, whilst others see the smearing and jerkiness, or the way some people 'imagine' they see the difference in a 4k tv on a small screen are enough to tell you about the differences in both vision and perception inherent in human beings.

Last edited:
steelbook-email-054042.jpg

We’re giving you the chance to win a 3 night stay in New York and attend a special screening of Monty Python and the Holy Grail to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the film at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Pre-order Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Monty Python’s Life of Brian on Limited Edition Steelbook from Zavvi and you’ll be entered into the prize draw. (Order both to double your chances of winning!)

The prize includes a 3 night stay in New York, flights, hotel, airport transfers for two people. On 24th April the lucky winner will attend a screening at Tribeca Film Festival of Monty Python and the Holy Grail which is followed by a Q&A with the Pythons themselves. (Travel to/from the event is also provided.)

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/monty-python.list

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey