Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk - £14.00
Base.com - £11.99
Zavvi.com - £15.99
Notes: Gloss finish

11095886-5884279789318725.jpg

11095886-1494279789325961.jpg

Last edited:
It's possible this might be a new 2k HD transfer as that's what is going to be shown in the cinemas for the 40th anniversary screenings

I can't say for sure but I would take a guess the Blu-ray will be this new 2K transfer

Never underestimate cult movies and their popularity....

The meaning of life hasn't sold out and that has the print run stated in the description. Fair enough not as popular as this and life of Brian but still cult. I Think I'll wait for big price drops on all 3 before I purchase

The meaning of life hasn't sold out and that has the print run stated in the description. Fair enough not as popular as this and life of Brian but still cult. I Think I'll wait for big price drops on all 3 before I purchase
I totally get where you're comin' from. But I have rolled the dice on that idea a few times and lost out.
(As in - no price drop, just sold out.:(). There is a good degree of gambling in what we collect!!
(It's actually kinda weird to go back to the early part of a thread for, let's say, TRAINING DAY... You see everybody freaking out about getting their orders in...and did it sell out yet? And here we are now, and TRAINING DAY is sitting there at £9.99... You never know.)

I feel like it's rare when a Zavvi title actually sells out. I'm at the point where I don't buy Zavvi steels anymore until they drop in price. I've paid full price for too many of their Ultra Limited Editions only to have them show up later at a big discount. If I miss one or two, oh well.

I feel like it's rare when a Zavvi title actually sells out. I'm at the point where I don't buy Zavvi steels anymore until they drop in price. I've paid full price for too many of their Ultra Limited Editions only to have them show up later at a big discount. If I miss one or two, oh well.
It's a total freakin' gamble. And there really are no good variables to go off of (since we have no proof that Zavvi is ever being truthful or not -about stock, limits, etc.)
I just put in an order for that ENDER'S GAME (with the Mondo cover) on Zavvi last night...where the hell did that come from? And is it a little unfair that I was able to get it for £9.99 when I totally missed the boat on release and everyone else paid top dollar? Maybe.
But, then again, I ordered Beauty and The Beast on release day and never got it.
(And ordered it again when it came back in stock...and never got it)
Total gamble with that company, and their limited editions.

Reactions: nefilim
I totally get where you're comin' from. But I have rolled the dice on that idea a few times and lost out.
(As in - no price drop, just sold out.:(). There is a good degree of gambling in what we collect!!
(It's actually kinda weird to go back to the early part of a thread for, let's say, TRAINING DAY... You see everybody freaking out about getting their orders in...and did it sell out yet? And here we are now, and TRAINING DAY is sitting there at £9.99... You never know.)

Completely agree but I've seriously calmed down on steelbooks this year and especially with zavvi and with them locking my account but still allowing orders to be sent out (even tho my card expired which I'm lucky because I was told I wouldn't be able to send them back to get a refund - which is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Im still getting payment problem emails for my orders on that account for orders I was either keeping or going to cancel a week or 2 before the release) and also the prices are too high for these and a lot of releases and I'm being picky with what I actually want on release day now. Whilst the others I want I'll wait for price drops, if they sell out then tough luck for me. I'm pretty confident these will stay in stock and drop (maybe not life of Brian but there is no mention of print run like there is on meaning of life) also the fast and furious steels are still in stock apart from the first which again in pretty confident we will see that come back in.

Also when you say you have rolled the dice and missed out, have any of the ones you wanted but missed out on randomly come back in stock 6/7/8/9 or more months later? because I've noticed that trend now (apart from maybe guardians, frozen or maleficent and a few others)

Guys, please take chatter that doesn't pertain to the title in our release threads to the thread for that title or Steelbook chat forum. Enders game stock was likely left over and made available to other retailers by studio or distrib, nothing new. Thanks all for helping us keep threads on topic.

Reactions: C.C. 95