NBA On-Going Thread Chat

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Who you rootin' for?

Spurs, Thunder or Clippers would be fine by me.

Also wouldnt mind Lebron and Bosh finally getting a ring ... tho I like rootin for underdogs a bit more.

I guess I gotta ultimately go for the "retirement home" Spurs vs. the Clips since Im from Texas ... but I wouldnt be butt hurt if the Clips did come back and take the series ... but they got owned last night.

Melo + Harden does not look like a good fit. They need two balls.
I think it would almost be better fit then Harden and CP3 ........ harden had a break out year last year .... at point guard. So then we go and get a point guard ? We need a forward .... if we could get melo and not give up much .... at least in regards to current players (ie. give up draft picks instead) then it'd at least be very interesting.

pretty good one @C.C. 95

Every commentator who thinks L.A. is foregone conclusion is a Lakers fan. (of course Jim Rome and other L.A. ilk want this to be true. That's why they push the narrative),
So I put zero stock in that. (and it's a rebuilding team with rookies. NBA Finals are never won by players who are young rookies. L.A. may get there, in say - 5 years). And if CLE wins the NBA Championship - all bets would be off anyway.
And to be truthful- my opinion has LESS to do with LeBron potentially leaving, and MORE to do with me wanting the Lakers to suck for eternity.:rofl:

Every commentator who thinks L.A. is foregone conclusion is a Lakers fan. (of course Jim Rome and other L.A. ilk want this to be true. That's why they push the narrative),
So I put zero stock in that. (and it's a rebuilding team with rookies. NBA Finals are never won by players who are young rookies. L.A. may get there, in say - 5 years). And if CLE wins the NBA Championship - all bets would be off anyway.
And to be truthful- my opinion has LESS to do with LeBron potentially leaving, and MORE to do with me wanting the Lakers to suck for eternity.:rofl:

I think there is a lot of truth in it actually.

the banana boat all are free agents at the end of the year. Lebron also owns a pizza Company which is now located in ..... the staples center. They are doing all the lil things they can to please him.

Paul George has made it clear he wants to be in LA ... so more so I'd say if he and Melo actually enjoy and get far or gasp........ win then they would stay in OKC thus that likely throws the real kink in the LA Lebron story .... cause I doubt Lebron goes to LA if its just him and Chris Paul

I think there is a lot of truth in it actually.

the banana boat all are free agents at the end of the year. Lebron also owns a pizza Company which is now located in ..... the staples center. They are doing all the lil things they can to please him.

Paul George has made it clear he wants to be in LA ... so more so I'd say if he and Melo actually enjoy and get far or gasp........ win then they would stay in OKC thus that likely throws the real kink in the LA Lebron story .... cause I doubt Lebron goes to LA if its just him and Chris Paul
Lebron has owned a house in Cali for a long time. That means nothing. He does business with commercials and movies.
When I read these stories they are heavily biased. They want this to happen. They read more like a wish list. I don't see the Lakers going frome rebuilt to titan overnight.
And Magic being there? That bodes TERRIBLY. Off the court he is a disaster of a businessman.
He guaranteed nothing.
People write about a possible Lakers "superteam" because they want to see a Lakers superteam.
I think the world deserves a few decades where the Lakers and Bulls and Celtics and Knicks suck.
These teams have a sense of entitlement that is just obnoxious. And its BAD for the sport.
I like that after the 90's it wasn't always just big market teams.
But all this speculation is just that - speculation. You NEVER know what's gonna happen.
Who saw Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas coming? D Wade to the Cavs?
I didn't.
Btw- it's the Cleveland Heataliers now.....

seinfeld is always gold lol. @C.C. 95 and i agree about the same teams deserving to suck and i love watching that with the Lakers but there are some franchises and markets who arent willing to let that happen for long ...

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
seinfeld is always gold lol. @C.C. 95 and i agree about the same teams deserving to suck and i love watching that with the Lakers but there are some franchises and markets who arent willing to let that happen for long ...
@Wreck
Not always! Whoever is going to the World Series take one step forward....
NOT SO FAST, NEW YORK!!
Me, feeling extra schadenfreude last night:
aol0y8.jpg

you think they will be able to pull off another?

big win for my Rockets last night. :)

I highly doubt it considering they dont have the shooting talent to keep up with the Warriors. Rockets really toasted the Timberwolves in th 3rd quarter. Felt like they could not miss. Buzzer beater to close out the 3rd was the final dagger. Super excited for the Sixers in my neck of the woods

EAST
Cavs vs Celtics

Pick: Cavs in 6

WEST
Rockets vs Warriors

Pick: Rockets in 7

Picking the Celtics to prevail over the Cavs. They seem to struggle against teams that do not depend on a specific player and scoring is more spread out. The Raptors depend too much on DeRozan and easier to isolate him making the others play roles the are not used to.

In the West, I really cant chose yet. GS can defend better than Houston, but Houston can really put up the numbers with their outside shooting. Gonna be interesting as both are built to win now. Personally hoping Houston wins.

GS looked really strong last night. Taking away home advantage from Houston may win them the series. Harden and C. Paul were the only ones that showed up last night. Bummed cos I thought they could give GS more trouble. Hopefully game 2 is better. Sad