3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 966
Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, why is this a problem? Because the retailer creates a MANUFACTURED low print number for their edition, which in many cases is a steelbook that is WWA. Do you think they would sell out if they have 2,000 copies of their edition for sale?

you also forget that it's not only group buys, there have been known instances where other folks have purchased in bulk for their
own purposes before it goes live on the store.

it is OF COURSE in the best interest of the retailer to have a sell out from their web store.

and also let's remember, when you run a software package that is OPEN SOURCE and KNOWN for being heavy to host (IE - NOT THE MOST EFFICIENT), then you get a server that is not going to do well under a heavy & demanding ONE TIME load.

other staff had said this before, the overhead is low for a server like that, they only have to be "up" for a large load a few times a year, where a sever like HDN has to be beefier (and costlier) to handle a larger amount of traffic.

nothing said here should be a surprise to any of you long time collectors, something that's been chatted about over and over again.

And yet nothing changed. Is there any other retailer with such poor server performance? I mean cmon it's 2016..

Reactions: Flloydo
And yet nothing changed. Is there any other retailer with such poor server performance? I mean cmon it's 2016..

Well why change the model when you make money hand over fist? I mean, if people stopped buying their editions, it would be a non issue

You can't beat FREE for the impact on the bottom line.

Just saying.

Reactions: Ranavalone and Aniv
hey guys, why is this a problem? Because the retailer creates a MANUFACTURED low print number for their edition, which in many cases is a steelbook that is WWA. Do you think they would sell out if they have 2,000 copies of their edition for sale?

you also forget that it's not only group buys, there have been known instances where other folks have purchased in bulk for their
own purposes before it goes live on the store.

it is OF COURSE in the best interest of the retailer to have a sell out from their web store.

and also let's remember, when you run a software package that is OPEN SOURCE and KNOWN for being heavy to host (IE - NOT THE MOST EFFICIENT), then you get a server that is not going to do well under a heavy & demanding ONE TIME load.

other staff had said this before, the overhead is low for a server like that, they only have to be "up" for a large load a few times a year, where a sever like HDN has to be beefier (and costlier) to handle a larger amount of traffic.

nothing said here should be a surprise to any of you long time collectors, something that's been chatted about over and over again.

Nope, because it's a headache to order from them on pre order with only a small amount being left after GBs.
Nothing to do with how limited the full run is. GBs were not always avaliable for nova and kimchi so it's understandable this is a hot topic now and p*sses others off.
Completely justified IMO

Yea I'm aware of these issues but you would think after 3 years their servers would be smoother. But no
No other sites seem to have this problem anymore

Reactions: Jeek
Well why change the model when you make money hand over fist? I mean, if people stopped buying their editions, it would be a non issue

You can't beat FREE for the impact on the bottom line.

Just saying.

Then that means they don't care about their customers if they won't change servers and just want to instantly sell out each edition through other means

Reactions: Jeek
Then that means they don't care about their customers if they won't change servers and just want to instantly sell out each edition through other means

I wouldn't go that far, in terms of that they don't care about having customers, but there's also a majority of folks that don't say anything about this problem.

People keep buying, lol

I wouldn't go that far, in terms of that they don't care about having customers, but there's also a majority of folks that don't say anything about this problem.

People keep buying, lol

True they do keep buying, but in honesty Andy if I shared my thoughts on that and why I think they do I will probably get banned lol so I'll leave it at that.

I'm not even 100% I'm for novas Star Wars but the topic of ordering from the site and facing magneto still and 100s of copies going to Steelbook sites stopping the people who want to order at retail price does rattle me, i just had to say something after anivs reply

I'm more interested in nova choice marvel releases but again it will be the same situation when that happens

Reactions: Jeek and Aniv
When you think about the grand scale of things, there's only a couple thousand of each release printed and put out by Novamedia.

Take away the group buys, update the servers and magic away the scalpers and there's still only a couple thousand in circulation for the Collectors. Odds are, you're still gonna miss out on release and have to go to the bay.

You got people bitching about the servers, people bitching about the group buy fees, people bitching about the group buy host, people bitching about scalpers, people bitching about print quantities.. Hell, people are bitching about the cost of certain releases because they're old titles.

I'm quite sick of it. I've missed out on preorders, I've had to pay over the top on eBay before, I've got in on group buys and paid the fees. I do it and will continue doing it because I'm a collector. You're not gonna have it always go your way, that's life. Your struggle trying to get a steelbook at launch is as real as the next guy. If you don't want to deal with it then don't, if you do and you need these releases then do what I do, pay what you have to.

I just hope to God @Aniv doesn't stop these group buys because of all these controversies.

True they do keep buying, but in honesty Andy if I shared my thoughts on that and why I think they do I will probably get banned lol so I'll leave it at that.

No one has been straight out banned for speaking their thoughts, but there is always a line of "common sense" and what's appropriate, to what would never be polite to say to a friend in your workplace. I use those everyday rules in life, maybe I just take that for granted, lol

I just hope to God @Aniv doesn't stop these group buys because of all these controversies.

Amen.

I know first hand the amount of time and effort that is dedicated to just fielding messages and responding to questions / PMs.

I would never expect anyone to do a large scale group buy for free.

It's not like my friend on the forum asked for a favor (I get a lot of those though!) and I help them out, lol...but not when there are 120+ of you asking for the same help.

No one has been straight out banned for speaking their thoughts, but there is always a line of "common sense" and what's appropriate, to what would never be polite to say to a friend in your workplace. I use those everyday rules in life, maybe I just take that for granted, lol

I agree

(By the way I know I won't get banned for speaking my thoughts it's just my thoughts might of been a bit too harsh on that subject lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aniv and apsmith21
I have just read a few of the comments on facebook from annoyed customers

The comments are expected due to Novamedia poor quality server when it comes to high demand release it don't have the capacity to run smoothly

The replies not from Novamedia themselves some were very mocking and not helpful no names mentioned

Customers want value for their money and to be able to purchase direct like you do with any normal retailer that ships worldwide

Customers want retail price plus standard shipping.

Novamedia need to invest in their website system to handle large amount of Internet traffic

Group buys are helpful but Novamedia can help customers save money by offering direct shipping in my opinion

But they can have lot more happier and repeat customers to their website if they spend the money and invest in their website or rent server capacity when required

I ordered using Novamedia website I paid today for my lenti $47.99 and that includes shipping direct to my home
totally agree with you on the fact that they should invest some money on there servers to stop the chaos :thumbs:

Obviously not everyone will be happy with the current situation re GBs, server issues, print runs, etc. I go for releases that I really want direct from the site, and have no problem at all passing on future releases if availability/ease of ordering becomes a problem. They're just steelbooks, not something to get stressed out about.

The same issues keep popping up every time it's a release that has high demand
Nova website it's not an issue when it comes to a release that is not a Marvel or Disney release or a release not in high demand

Terminator 2 although not a Marvel or Disney release is a film that is considered a high demand release
All T2 Steelbooks end up sold out some very fast or within a short period look at the recent European StudioCanal release with no title on the spine which was not liked by a lot even that ended up as sold out

Nova don't need the servers have extra capacity for internet traffic for every release but they do need it for high demand releases

Members be it on HDN or other web forums would not be keep posting about their having issues trying to order direct if the website could handle this internet traffic nor would you see the posts on Facebook
Customers don't complain when there are no issues trying to order for simple reasons they are able to complete their order

It's not always about a GB taking up too many copies of a release as some releases are still available on Nova Website to order
Look at Dredd it's still available

High demand Blu-ray steelbooks require larger print runs to supply the demand and if print run not high it will sell out fast
Films not with high demand don't require large print run

The more popular a release it will have lot of demand to sell that release
To have a release without server issues you need to have the servers bandwidth to cope with that demand.

The release will still end up sold out fast but at least if you have the server issues sorted when you add to cart and goto checkout you can complete your order without issues
When it sold out is not what is the issue is as that happens with any release with a retailer that has a release wanted a lot

What customers are annoyed about is having difficulty getting to checkout to complete your order and trying to add to cart when it listed as in stock on the website
It's not about it been listed as sold out it's about been able to order while it's says in stock

If they improved the capacity of the website to handle high demand most of these complaints would not happen be it on HDN or Facebook or any other Web Forum

Last edited:
Obviously not everyone will be happy with the current situation re GBs, server issues, print runs, etc. I go for releases that I really want direct from the site, and have no problem at all passing on future releases if availability/ease of ordering becomes a problem. They're just steelbooks, not something to get stressed out about.

I agree and disagree. When you are at work and are on time for the pre-order but it takes you 20 minutes to try to check out, that's 20 minutes of valuable time that was taken away from me that I could have used to be doing more productive things, especially since I was getting paid to try and order from Nova lol. I've ordered direct from these guys before and you can't predict 100% all the time how the check out process is going to work. Sometimes it's smoother than others. But to say it's not something to get stressed out over is not completely accurate.

I agree and disagree. When you are at work and are on time for the pre-order but it takes you 20 minutes to try to check out, that's 20 minutes of valuable time that was taken away from me that I could have used to be doing more productive things, especially since I was getting paid to try and order from Nova lol. I've ordered direct from these guys before and you can't predict 100% all the time how the check out process is going to work. Sometimes it's smoother than others. But to say it's not something to get stressed out over is not completely accurate.

I see what you mean. What I meant was that while ordering from Nova can be plenty stressful, steelbook collecting in general should not be something to stress out over.

Reactions: darczap
Now hold on for a minute. You think this company doesnt care for its customers yet you continue to purchase? Am I missing something?

Its like all those salty vulgar comments on Nova's Facebook page yesterday and you expect them to take kindly to it. HDZETA doesnt even host a GB here anymore for the most part nor do they make certain editions available on their webstore. Would you like that better instead?

HDN is not the only forum where GB's are hosted. With these recent comments I will reconsider hosting a GB in here but it wont improve your chances of getting a copy either. Just have had about enough of assumptions and conclusions.
don't get disheartened @Aniv there is alot of people on here that really do appreciate your group buys and the time and effort you put in to hosting these me for one totally appreciate them and keep the group buys going strong thanks :thumbs:

Last edited:
But if they sorted their servers out they wouldn't get vulgar comments. Lol swings and round abouts mate. If they aren't taking kindly to that lol

I would be very unhappy after 30 mins of trying and getting knowhere going through the checkout a 100 times to then be told it's sold out

And I think he meant that they don't care for their customers who order on the day because of server issues and most being taken up by GBs which I agree with.
Just makes it impossible for the guys who can order on the pre order date directly from their site and don't want to pay loads extra.

I've been lucky using nova on the day for my marvel steels and touch wood that continues with this and civil war etc but when I hear loads are taken up by GBs on here and other sites minimising my chances then yeah it really p*sses me off. I don't agree with it especially when GBs get so many orders held for them
there servers are a problem but even when they are fixed there is still it's no guarantee you will get a copy of a popular release you want will just sell even faster and then people will still complain about it so it really is a no win situation, all i can say is thank god for these awesome group buys :thumbs:

there servers are a problem but even when they are fixed there is still it's no guarantee you will get a copy of a popular release you want will just sell even faster and then people will still complain about it so it really is a no win situation, all i can say is thank god for these awesome group buys :thumbs:

I understand that. But for me id be less p*ssed off knowing I missed out when everyone is going for it at the same time compared to only a small amount going live because of GBs taking hundreds of copies on each site

Plus I don't want to have to put a extra £20+ down just so I can secure a copy, I and loads of others are not made of money. I seriously can't afford to jump on GBs for everyone of these kimchi or nova releases regardless of what covcraig says about people bitching and missing out on titles.

We have all pretty much missed out on something and had to bay it for more money but id like to be given the option to try to get it at retail first and then try other sources if I miss out. If I want it that much that is
and I'm aloud to "***** and moan" and express my concern if I want to, it's a forum for Christ sake where we can talk about these issues.
Makes me laugh - "people bitching about group buy fees" well yeah it's a lot of money just to secure a copy and pay postage to USA and then to the U.K. on a £45 Steelbook before attempting to get at retail and that's without a possible customs hit. I understand some are made of money and have it to throw away each time or might join a GB once or twice because of live times and work but for me that's crazy money each time and realistically not eveyone can afford that. Like I said I'd prefer to try my luck on the site and then other options after that may cost more or not at all.

Or they make the GB amounts smaller on the sites. There's somthing like 450 odd copies in the GB for this site. That's far too many IMO on what I imagine is already a limited release and will be the same with civil war etc

Their servers are the main issue though, they really need to sort them out. Ant man was painful for me and many others (awell as what I've read about T2), kept throwing me out etc and had taken a while before I managed to get one and I was nearly pulling my hair out lol same with age of ultron, guardians and even hulk which didn't even sell out (full slip).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ty233