3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 965
Last edited by a moderator:
[Nova Media Homepage Renewal]

Dear our customers,
Thank you very much to those who support us over the years. There have been many problems with our server during our pre-orders with Exclusive and Choice products and we are sincerely sorry about the inconvenience. In order to fix the problem with the server, we have done a renewal to our homepage and upgraded the design as well to make our products easier to view.
Please read below for recommendations for the use of our renewed homepage.

1. Due to the server change, our homepage is not available from July 18th 14:00 to July 19th 14:00AM (Korea Time, UTC+9).
2. Please make sure your information is properly registered with our renewed homepage.
(Please check your name, email, address, phone number and nova points)
*If your personal information is wrong, please change it at the top of the homepage “My Info”
3. We can only take payments with Paypal.
4. If you have any problems, please contact “[email protected]
5. Your previous account's order history cannot be transferred. If you would like check out your order history from the old account can be checked with the temporary website "www.hkblu.com".
6. Orders that are not completed due to the release day will be shipped out promptly.
7. Your temporary password will be “admin0706”. Please change your password to a new one.

With our renewal, we will show you a better and improved Nova Media. Once again, thank you very much for the customers who continue to support Nova.

Thank you very much!
Nova Media

It's happening! @Apollon @harry @digitalbabe @apsmith21 @cooey @Noodles @spass @Flloydo

About time too :), now the only thing left to do is cut down the amounts/cancel all that they give out to group buys ;) and it will make for a more happy Nova pre order experience all round.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and ty233
got the email today. about time!!! now do a higher print run and we will be happy.
Please do the exact opposite and change nothing. If your missing any preorders out of all the specialty retailers you need a better system because other than Kimchi's Deadpool you would have to go a long way back to find anyplace in which you should of had a tough time getting a preorder for an exclusive except NovaChoice: Kimchi, PA, Blufans, Zavvi, HDzeta, which specialty retailer have you not been able to get every exclusive you have wanted?
Nova Exclusives all have huge 2K-5K print runs so those are all easy to get. Your only worried about Nova Choice Releases which are 500-2000K print runs. I enjoy having one set of exclusives with a small print run, what's the fun in always getting what you want. I like doing a preorder when there is a chance you might lose plus I am a fan of ultra limited releases. What's the problem in having one of the specialty retailers doing a limited print run on half there exclusives, and it's not the really nice half with WEA steelbooks and Exclusive slips. This is just for their Nova Choice releases that have a WWA steelbook with a WEA Slip. Seems reasonable to me since this is quickly becoming a dying practice, making small print runs. Far to many companies have been upping the amount of their print runs and oversaturating the market.

Last edited:
Does the advertised hkblue.com website work for anyone?

I'm excited about the new webpage and especially the new server infrastructure. The first real test for it will be the Dawn of Justice Lenti Slip, I guess.

Does not work yet I assume you will have to wait until they are finished fixing there servers for both sites to work, they act as if hkblue.com will only be up for a limited time. In my opinion unless the Blu-ray you wanted was on the Novamedia homepage it was horrible trying to find anything on there website, I really hope they will make some drastic changes. This is when they claim their website will be live again but I can see them going over this time:
July 19th 14:00AM

Last edited:
Please do the exact opposite and change nothing. If your missing any preorders out of all the specialty retailers you need a better system because other than Kimchi's Deadpool you would have to go a long way back to find anyplace in which you should of had a tough time getting a preorder for an exclusive except NovaChoice: Kimchi, PA, Blufans, Zavvi, HDzeta, which specialty retailer have you not been able to get every exclusive you have wanted?
Nova Exclusives all have huge 2K-5K print runs so those are all easy to get. Your only worried about Nova Choice Releases which are 500-2000K print runs. I enjoy having one set of exclusives with a small print run, what's the fun in always getting what you want. I like doing a preorder when there is a chance you might lose plus I am a fan of ultra limited releases. What's the problem in having one of the specialty retailers doing a limited print run on half there exclusives, and it's not the really nice half with WEA steelbooks and Exclusive slips. This is just for their Nova Choice releases that have a WWA steelbook with a WEA Slip. Seems reasonable to me since this is quickly becoming a dying practice, making small print runs. Far to many companies have been upping the amount of their print runs and oversaturating the market.
Batman v Superman: 500 copies
Star Wars: 800 copies (lenti)
....that's ridiculous!!!

Their exlusives have a higher print run, that's true, but see, Termiantor was sold within few minutes. They could do a 10k print run and sell all copies within few hours.

Batman v Superman: 500 copies
Star Wars: 800 copies (lenti)
....that's ridiculous!!!

Their exlusives have a higher print run, that's true, but see, Termiantor was sold within few minutes. They could do a 10k print run and sell all copies within few hours.

I think your missing something it all depends on what the exclusive is, Terminator 2 sold out in a little under an hour once people could finally purchase it if I remember correctly. They did a 3k print run, if they had done a 10k print run they would never sell out that stock. Looking over the list of Exclusives of the 10 Novamedia has done only The Avengers sold out, "within a few minutes' as you say. The only other exclusive that sold out with any real speed was John Wick, but that took at least an hour I'm fairly certain, this was a year ago so my memory is not perfect. All the rest: Lone Survivor, Begin Again, JSA, Nightcrawler, Dredd, and Incredible Hulk all were very easy to get and some are still in stock.

As far as you saying that Star Wars 800 lenti's and Batman vs Superman 500 copies is ridiculous just means you probably haven't been a regular buyer of Nova Choice Exclusives. And I understand just looking at 500 why you might think that is out of line but that is just not the case. They are only releasing one version of Batman vs Superman so 500 copies is a perfectly acceptable number based on previous releases. Star Wars: TFA had 3 different versions/types: lenti, and 2 different full slips(each full slip only had 600 copies) which is why it had a 2K print run, that is the most Nova ever prints of a Nova Choice Exclusive. Jurassic World had only one version, a lenti, and the print run was 600 copies. Was that crazy? That movie was more popular and made more money than Batman vs Superman so seems pretty on point with what Novamedia has been doing for quite some time now. If they had chosen to do 2 or 3 different versions of BvsS you would of had a 1500-2000 print run, but they didn't. Even with Star Wars the most of any one type of slip was 800 copies of the Lenti but BvsS is not Star Wars hence the reason for 500 copies. How and why they choose to do 1 version like Jurassic World, 2 like BH6 & Ant Man, or 3 like Star Wars:TFA & TDKR I really do not know. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the hint @howarmat
It didn't work at first, but when I left out the "-" in my e-mail adress, the ID was accepted.

How do you like the new website? To be honest I didn't see what was wrong with the old one (except for the fact you couldn't find their own titles easily or at all). The site's performance is rather underwhelming, too. Hopefully they can fix it and it's not a precursor of the "improved" servers on pre-orders.
Another question: Has anybody found out where the bonus points went? I got two from my latest order (Star Wars OC), but they're nowhere to be found in my account's control panel. This feature not mentioned at all, it's not just only me.

Thanks for the hint @howarmat
It didn't work at first, but when I left out the "-" in my e-mail adress, the ID was accepted.

How do you like the new website? To be honest I didn't see what was wrong with the old one (except for the fact you couldn't find their own titles easily or at all). The site's performance is rather underwhelming, too. Hopefully they can fix it and it's not a precursor of the "improved" servers on pre-orders.
Another question: Has anybody found out where the bonus points went? I got two from my latest order (Star Wars OC), but they're nowhere to be found in my account's control panel. This feature not mentioned at all, it's not just only me.
My points are gone.

Nova dissappoints me again.

Yes, that's disappointing. At least they pointed out in their e-mail this might happen. Sort of. Let's see if they can fix it. I'll drop an e-mail later.

Well guys, if there was any question about the new site, there shouldn't be now. It is still Magento.

I would imagine they've done some optimization, maybe an upgrade or something, but they are still using the Magento store behind the scenes beyond the style change.

How do I know? It's easy to tell - the Magento icon comes in on my browser tab when the page is open (and they've called their page Basic Layout, LOL)

Hope that things get better for all the fans out there, but just be cautious when you try and purchase next time.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Does not work yet I assume you will have to wait until they are finished fixing there servers for both sites to work, they act as if hkblue.com will only be up for a limited time. In my opinion unless the Blu-ray you wanted was on the Novamedia homepage it was horrible trying to find anything on there website, I really hope they will make some drastic changes. This is when they claim their website will be live again but I can see them going over this time:
July 19th 14:00AM
It is a bit easier to find things now, hopefully they are on their way to a better customer service experience. Time will tell, but glad they are at least addressing some issues.

Well guys, if there was any question about the new site, there shouldn't be now. It is still Magento.

I would imagine they've done some optimization, maybe an upgrade or something, but they are still using the Magento store behind the scenes beyond the style change.

How do I know? It's easy to tell - the Magento icon comes in on my browser tab when the page is open (and they've called their page Basic Layout, LOL)

Hope that things get better for all the fans out there, but just be cautious when you try and purchase next time.

They didn't even change the url of the admin login ;-) It's so simple.....

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21

yeah i noticed that right away.

The performance so far doesnt blow me away either. Seems a little clunky and slow still. Time with tell i guess