• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
From PA regarding Oldboy print run - "We haven't made any firm decisions on it."

there is a fine line between something taking long because it will be incredible, and it taking long because its not going well or to plan.

i would say a year is the latter. problematic. feature length films are shot in less than a year

Reactions: meth head
This release will be their baby. It will be super special for Plain Archive, for South Korea and even all Oldboy Fans on this planet.
I think they trying do this 110 % perfect. See what they come up for Zero Dark Thirty and in which time frame. Now think about what they will drop for Oldboy then EEK!EEK!EEK!
Don't forget, it's still a super small company, and with producing extra material on their own it takes time and money. I'm super patient with this, I know it will be mind blowing :thumbs:

They're producing an all-new documentary along with putting together artwork from 4-5 designers. It's certainly an ambitious project, but will no doubt surpass expectations. Hope for late 2015 or early '16. They have not and will not abandon this release from the amount of time and money already spent on it. They only have two full-time employees. And they are working on other releases as well. Patience.

Indeed, just wine and dine and in time it will be mine and yours. Think of it as a painting which needs time to become beautiful.

Until then, just enjoy other releases of Plain Archive and other companies.

Just be patient. I'd rather wait 2 years for an awesome product in which PlainArchive is satisfied with every aspect of this release. That's also one of the reasons they are taking their time.

It's gonna be their masterpiece. Oldboy is their muse and a film which set the Korean movie scene to movie lovers all over the world saying that Korean movies are a force to be reckon with.

Last edited:
Indeed, just wine and dine and in time it will be mine and yours.

Think of it as a painting which needs time to become beautiful.

Until then, just enjoy other releases of Plain Archive and other companies.

There are plenty other releases until this comes out to enjoy and in time, they will release this beauty as well.

Just be patient. I'd rather wait 2 years for an awesome product in which PlainArchive is satisfied with every aspect of this release. That's also one of the reasons they are taking their time with this.

It's gonna be their masterpiece. Oldboy is their muse and a film which set the Korean movie scene to movie lovers all over the world saying that Korean movies are a force to be reckon with.
And save some money while waiting cause PA might release a Sextuple Pack for Oldboy just like KimchiDVD did with The Raid 2:

11377300_730188493757461_4314340448961438519_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AnubisNefer
As much as I love the idea. I just cannot justify buying 6 versions of one movie in one order.

That's just nuts to me. ;-)

3 is max for me.

-
From the OP - "Note: 5 designers of 4 countries are making the "Old Boy" package."
I'm just saying of the possibility.

Reactions: AnubisNefer