• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Were they produced by PA like this one is?

Nope all the extras (aside from perhaps a new introduction by KJW) I believe were on the Planis release.

It has never been a trend worth investing in as far as the publishers have been concerned. Since PA are pretty much top dog in S. Korea right now, they are ideally placed to go beyond simple fancy packaging and elevate on disc content for international customers. If it was any other company I'd doubt it would be of any concern but Plain seem to want to push it all the way and I'd like to believe they could. Their stuff will sell regardless of course but some people... actually like the content on the discs and not just the box it comes in. :wtf:

Last edited:
I've not watched this,just the remake ,is it an unpleasant and unnecessary as that movie ? Gets a lot of praise so i'm guessing its much better than spike lees misadventure

In what way do you mean?

I haven't seen the spike Lee version this is.

For me this is a film I will prob only watch once, might get this if the releases are as good as other PA mainly because I am a sucker for a nice asian steelbook with all the trimmings.

Nope.

It has never been a trend worth investing in as far as the publishers have been concerned. Since PA are pretty much top dog in S. Korea right now, they are ideally placed to go beyond simple fancy packaging and elevate on disc content for international customers. If it was any other company I'd doubt it would be of any concern but Plain seem to want to push it all the way and I'd like to believe they could. Their stuff will sell regardless of course but some people... actually like the content on the discs and not just the box it comes in. :wtf:
Exactly, this is the first time they are doing this. So I'm 99% sure there will be subs because I'm 100% sure they've thought about international customers.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking the actually content on the discs. Not everyone simply collects for the packaging. I believe most actually collect for the movie itself. Many actually open and watch the movie as well. So the more content on disc, especially when it is exclusive content cannot be found elsewhere, the better it is. It adds value to the collectible. Couple of years down the road, these will be editions what a lot of people have (based on a 4000 print run) but don't want to get rid of.

Reactions: Last Lizard
Movie was outstanding, but I don't see myself watching this again. Replay value is very important for all of my steels. I'm sure PA will do justice on the design though.

Money saved! :cigar:

I haven't seen this yet and before even joining this forum I knew the praise that followed this movie (I knew little about international movies before joining this forum). Here's hoping PA comes up with an elegant, outstanding full slip, because that's all I want! (and a sick looking steelbook...)

In what way do you mean?

I haven't seen the spike Lee version this is.

For me this is a film I will prob only watch once, might get this if the releases are as good as other PA mainly because I am a sucker for a nice asian steelbook with all the trimmings.

I just found it unpleasant and excessively nasty in the use of gratuitous violence ,in fact the whole concept was beyond the pale for me . But hey we're all different ,perhaps when I was younger it wouldn't have bothered me but fatherhood has softened my outlook on life and what I can tolerate .

Not sure if this is a troll post or you just don't have experience with Plain Archive. I'll pretend it's not a troll and so I'll let you know you should start saving and plotting right now if you want to own this. POPULAR doesn't even begin to explain how quickly this will sell through.
I really get your passion, just like the UK thread of this release was also filled to the brim with incredible enthusiasm, but I suspect that this may not be as sought after as some suspect.

Fans of this movie are extremely vocal in its defence, and no doubt PA WILL do an amazing job, but I'm not so sure it will sell out as quickly as some believe.

I own the UK release, I like the movie. Scalpers look for opportunity to make profit and got stung on the previous release, I'm just not sure that there are enough true collectors out there for a quick initial sell out.

I may well pick this up myself so don't shoot me old boy!

For me this will be release of the year, PA will certainly deliver as always, I just can't wait to see the final product revealed, man the boxset and all variants will be mine or I'll be damned! :wacky:

Reactions: zoneism and harry
PLAIN
Update: Our release of Oldboy would be the most expensive Blu-ray production Korea has ever seen. One of the reasons being the documentary. The final product's pricing would be higher than our previous releases.
The documentary will have English subtitles.

One-click = RIP my wallet

But i don't care, this movie is awesome.

SXK3A2.gif