Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 27) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 10, 2020
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order on May 29 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time UTC +8) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $149.97 (One Click) - $45.99 (Individual Editions)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".

Box (400 Units, Numbered 1-40): Front Cover Designed by "Tony Stella" at www.tony-stella.com. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Lenticular Full Slip (800 Units, Numbered 1-800): 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Chinese O-Ring Cover.

OUTH_overall_OC_5000x.pngOUTH_overall_DLS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_LS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_FS_5000x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not IMO it's not... the Pulp Fiction steel is great, but I honestly felt they could've done better with the slips, and the booklet art is "meh" also. Same case with the Kill Bill slips... plus I really dislike the back art on the steels. Res Dogs slips were disappointing as well... Nova seriously need to improve in that area, because that's mostly what lets them down IMHO, especially as of late. Granted I'm probably being super picky with these, but that's because QT is my all-time favourite director, so I want the editions to be spot on!

Agree about Manta's IB though... perfection! Which is why I want them to do premiums for all of Tarantino's films. :D
Pulp fiction book ain’t great but kill bill vol 1 booklet is how they should be done. Presentation and PQ is 10/10 in it. One of the best books I own on a premium and they chose the right images

But that pulp fiction white slip with her cutting up is crazy good. The white course material, colourful spot glossed illustration of Mia with the orange and pink mist behind her and that gorgeous gold glossed embossed title is just ecstasy to my eyes. Same with the back and her feet and the smaller title again. Absolutely glorious and looks so classy. I was annoyed that didn’t win full slip of the year last year

Nova do need to improve but your also incredibly picky when it comes to all this. Much worse than me. Actually surprised you don’t like the PF slip considering it all matches and flows with the colours and images used. Plus they used decent illustrated (Esque) art which you normally like
I only have the lenti for Pulp FIction but Its stunning - nice glossy replacement for the te Play.com steel I previously had(if I recall...not actually opened it yet - will open when I view it) but from what I can see the slip is a stunner and I couldnt be happier for it.

The in hand FS ones looked great also but each to their own I guess.

I consider Nova's Pulp a perfection alongside Manta's SL for IB....they look great next to each other :)

Pulp fiction book ain’t great but kill bill vol 1 booklet is how they should be done. Presentation and PQ is 10/10 in it. One of the best books I own on a premium and they chose the right images

But that pulp fiction white slip with her cutting up is crazy good. The white course material, colourful spot glossed illustration of Mia with the orange and pink mist behind her and that gorgeous gold glossed embossed title is just ecstasy to my eyes. Same with the back and her feet and the smaller title again. Absolutely glorious and looks so classy. I was annoyed that didn’t win full slip of the year last year

Nova do need to improve but your also incredibly picky when it comes to all this. Much worse than me. Actually surprised you don’t like the PF slip considering it all matches and flows with the colours and images used. Plus they used decent illustrated (Esque) art which you normally like
I couldn't agree more. The white full slip for Pulp Fiction is utterly glorious, one of the nicest I own. The design and finish is second to none in my opinion, has a real 'premium' feel to it.

Reactions: Flloydo
I couldn't agree more. The white full slip for Pulp Fiction is utterly glorious, one of the nicest I own. The design and finish is second to none in my opinion, has a real 'premium' feel to it.

One of the best in my collection (along with some others)

Reactions: Mike Haley
Just came back from the theater. Great movie! Hopefully Manta get greenlit very soon and aren't restricted too much. Eagerly awaiting any news on this (possible) release! (As well as some other pending one... @Wreck :naughty: :angel:)

If you wanted to see more of Charles Manson .... watch Mindhunters Season 2 , episode 5 on Netflix as they use the exact same actor to play Charles Manson and WOW... dude nailed it!

Really? Same actor! That’s awesome

I love fincher as a lot know but I was told from a few people that Mindhunter isn’t a great series (1st season, not heard anything on the 2nd). It’s on my watch list but I keep putting it off because I hear bad things

Now I think I’ll delve

I love fincher as a lot know but I was told from a few people that Mindhunter isn’t a great series (1st season, not heard anything on the 2nd). It’s on my watch list but I keep putting it off because I hear bad things

Now I think I’ll delve
I loved the 1st season, not watched the 2nd. Fincher only directed 4 of the 1st season, I think it's even less on the 2nd. It's on my list after Good Omens and Barry

Now I think I’ll delve
Whoever told you Mindhunter “isn’t a great series” was talking out of their ass! It’s easily one of the finest things these eyes have ever seen. Spectacularly acted across the board and tension filled, it’s superb. Can’t wait to start on the second series.

Bottom line, if you love Finchers work then you’re in for a treat.

Whoever told you Mindhunter “isn’t a great series” was talking out of their ass! It’s easily one of the finest things these eyes have ever seen. Spectacularly acted across the board and tension filled, it’s superb. Can’t wait to start on the second series.

Bottom line, if you love Finchers work then you’re in for a treat.

Yeah honestly, multiple people, who love fincher as I do, love psychology, thrillers etc Said to me it was very boring. Quite a few. Which I did find odd. But I just never found the time because I was always watching other series

He’s my top 5, and I know he re worked it all a bit because he wasn’t happy. I was always looking forward to it, but those comments put me off a small tad. I will get around to it though

If you wanted to see more of Charles Manson .... watch Mindhunters Season 2 , episode 5 on Netflix as they use the exact same actor to play Charles Manson and WOW... dude nailed it!

Now I think I’ll delve
I loved the 1st season, not watched the 2nd. Fincher only directed 4 of the 1st season, I think it's even less on the 2nd. It's on my list after Good Omens and Barry
Is Mindhunters available (still?) in UK?

Cancelled my Netflix sub but was thinking of reactivating as wanted to re-watch Rick and Morty but couldn’t justify on that alone....if a kind UK’er could confirm I may treat myself to another month :)

Is Mindhunters available (still?) in UK?

Cancelled my Netflix sub but was thinking of reactivating as wanted to re-watch Rick and Morty but couldn’t justify on that alone....if a kind UK’er could confirm I may treat myself to another month :)
Yup, both series of Mindhunter are available now on UK Netflix. Hop to it!!

Just came back from the theater. Great movie! Hopefully Manta get greenlit very soon and aren't restricted too much. Eagerly awaiting any news on this (possible) release! (As well as some other pending one... @Wreck :naughty: :angel:)
Agreed.
Was a bit let down first time I saw it but went again Friday and it held up WAY better on second viewing.
It’s place on my Tarentino top 10 list may have raised.
Yup, both series of Mindhunter are available now on UK Netflix. Hop to it!!
Lol
Might just do that in a few days come pay day.
Thanks

Now I think I’ll delve

What @Mike Haley said. Mindhunter is absolutely brilliant mate. Get on it, it's a no brainer.

Yeah honestly, multiple people, who love fincher as I do, love psychology, thrillers etc Said to me it was very boring. Quite a few. Which I did find odd. But I just never found the time because I was always watching other series

He’s my top 5, and I know he re worked it all a bit because he wasn’t happy. I was always looking forward to it, but those comments put me off a small tad. I will get around to it though
Weird, I’ve never heard anything but positive reviews. Each to their own though!

It’s most definitely not boring, it’s a slow burn though which makes it all the more satisfying IMO. I kind of expected that with it being a series rather than a film though, you get much more time for character building which pays off massively.

He’s ‘Top 5’ for me too, I personally don’t think he’s put a foot wrong yet. Even Alien 3, which is much maligned amongst fans. The assembly cut version is absolutely worth watching, I can’t watch the regular version anymore.

Weird, I’ve never heard anything but positive reviews. Each to their own though!

It’s most definitely not boring, it’s a slow burn though which makes it all the more satisfying IMO. I kind of expected that with it being a series rather than a film though, you get much more time for character building which pays off massively.

He’s ‘Top 5’ for me too, I personally don’t think he’s put a foot wrong yet. Even Alien 3, which is much maligned amongst fans. The assembly cut version is absolutely worth watching, I can’t watch the regular version anymore.

I reakon the slow burn put them off then.
Zodiac is one of my all time favs, it’s a comfort film for me, I could watch it every night and not get bored. But I understand if people find it a slow burner. All his films are comfort films for me but unfortunately I hate alien 3. I erase that from his name myself lol

Hmm not sure if I’ve seen the assembly cut though!

Agreed.
Was a bit let down first time I saw it but went again Friday and it held up WAY better on second viewing.
It’s place on my Tarentino top 10 list may have raised.

Lol
Might just do that in a few days come pay day.
Thanks
Yeah I must admit I was underwhelmed when I first saw it, it’s my own fault though I bought into the hype and I’m a huge Tarantino fan. Then I did a bit of research on Sharon Tate and The Manson Family and it made much more sense. I definitely need to go for a second viewing now, if anything I’m more excited about the rewatch!

I reakon the slow burn put them off then.
Zodiac is one of my all time favs, it’s a comfort film for me, I could watch it every night and not get bored. But I understand if people find it a slow burner. All his films are comfort films for me but unfortunately I hate alien 3. I erase that from his name myself lol

Hmm not sure if I’ve seen the assembly cut though!
It’s more like a 9/10 hour movie in that respect, I think you’ll really dig it.

Funnily enough Zodiac was the first film of his I that I didn’t initially connect with. Repeat viewings have made me realise what a fool I was for thinking that though! My personal favourite of his is Seven, such a bleak but rewarding film. I can see where you’re coming from calling them ‘comfort films’, maybe it’s because I’ve seen them so many times - they’re just so familiar to me now.

I can appreciate your view on Alien 3, in the end it’s as much the studios film as it is his. The behind the scenes interference is legendary. It really is worth checking out the assembly cut if you get the opportunity though.

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah I must admit I was underwhelmed when I first saw it, it’s my own fault though I bought into the hype and I’m a huge Tarantino fan. Then I did a bit of research on Sharon Tate and The Manson Family and it made much more sense. I definitely need to go for a second viewing now, if anything I’m more excited about the rewatch!
Weirdly was the same.

I think I was just disappointed it didn’t go full Tarentino until the end (if you get what I mean). So it felt a long time getting there.

But second viewing made me appreciate and love it more. I now think it’s great not just good.

Try and catch it again if you can. Worked for me :)

Weirdly was the same.

I think I was just disappointed it didn’t go full Tarentino until the end (if you get what I mean). So it felt a long time getting there.

But second viewing made me appreciate and love it more. I now think it’s great not just good.

Try and catch it again if you can. Worked for me :)
You hit the nail on the head there, that’s what it was for me too. Full Tarantino! Love it! I’m using that from now on, perfectly describes it.

I think a second viewing will change my opinion in the same way. I did the same with Inglourious Basterds and now it’s my favourite of all his films.

Reactions: yeslek