Paterson (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.53) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: May 2, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order April 4. Total quantity is 900: 650 domestic, 250 overseas) - Premium Box (Pre-order February 11 at 4 PM Korea Standard Time Zone)
Price: $67.69 (super early bird price, first 24 hours) - $74.69 (early bird price, first 3 days) - $79.69 (retail price)
Note: Limited to 2000 copies. The copies numbered will be dispatched at random.
Steelbook™ with high-quality 1/4 slip cover with premium box. World Exclusive Artwork. Steelbook™ made by SCANAVO (Full Gloss Finish). Blu-ray Disc. World's 1st Paterson Soundtrack CD by SQÜRL. Beautiful Crafted Metal pin badge. 60p Hard cover guide book (support both Korean and partial English). High-Quality Poetry Note. Pencil. 8 Square Art cards. 2 Plain Archive's exclusive removable stickers

From PA: The Premium Box can be shipped with K-PACKET, but to avoid delay/damage/loss, we strongly recommend that you choose EMS.

9a820fa618770d8948f44450c2c71a83_2048x.jpg813eb0a37007a727245388721a2f37ed_2048x.jpg9db0b5d643e21582aec4347749b7aefb_2048x.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine question.
What would you have proposed should have been in the box set, for a film that involves a character who writes (pencil, in the box) poems(in the box) in a notebook (in the box)?

Ideally it should have been the Ohio Blue Tip matches. I know they addressed it as a safety hazard..but safety be damned they should have included them anyways! :whistle: Or had a dog shred 2000 notebooks and include those.

Gorgeous looking steel! Love the neon hues. :drool:

Despite there being almost nothing like it in the film. Did they go with the Nic Winding Refn template?

Not really complaining I really like the steel it's just funny how 80's everything has to be just now. Pink fonts everywhere!

I love the look of the fullslip too. Will have to order one when it goes live.

If I've read some twitter response translations correctly, 1000 boxes are now sold, but total can only be exceeded by 10%, so 1100 maximum, of which the remainder of the 2000 total are planned to be 90% full Slip & 10% 1/4 Slip.

Is this how plain archive normally does their releases?

Been stalking the hell out of this release to make sure I get a copy because it's my wife's favorite movie but waiting on the full slip because she won't care about all of the extra stuff in the box.

Been stalking the hell out of this release to make sure I get a copy because it's my wife's favorite movie but waiting on the full slip because she won't care about all of the extra stuff in the box.
Not normally, it’s usually a set number for each release. They have done open pre-orders where they decide how many are made according to demand but they don’t usually do this where one editions sales affect the other, It’s usually just a set number.

Not normally, it’s usually a set number for each release. They have done open pre-orders where they decide how many are made according to demand but they don’t usually do this where one editions sales affect the other, It’s usually just a set number.

Interesting. Do they generally announce the time they go on sale like they did with this box set?

Have PA actually explained why the heck they're using this method for this particular release? It's such a bizarre idea IMO. If they were worried about having unsold stock leftover, then they should've just stuck to their previous method of giving an order cut-off date where they then just print whatever amount has been pre-ordered. There's clearly a fair bit of interest for the steelbook, and I expect a lot of folks are probably going to miss out due to their not being enough to go around.