Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles
I will when it arrives but I haven't even had a dispatch note yet!

If its the stacking discs holder the steelbook should be able to take 6 discs i think? So if you want the 6th disc the set with it in is £8 on CEX ;)
It is the stacking set which can hold 6 discs. It says it's supposed to include the "Planet Earth - The Future" which I believe is not (not in the Globe set).

Thanks for the Photos

Does it have as Zavvi list on their website
The extra Planet Earth - The Future
I don't see it mentioned on the back of the jcard
er, nope - not that I can see, anyway, unless it's hidden on one of the discs somewhere (which is highly unlikely, as I suspect that these are the exact same discs as the original standard release a while back).

I
er, nope - not that I can see, anyway, unless it's hidden on one of the discs somewhere (which is highly unlikely, as I suspect that these are the exact same discs as the original standard release a while back).
It's meant to be on the extras disc with Natural World
If you get time later can you check that disc

If it's not on the extras disc then Zavvi advertising is wrong
Thanks
Paul

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I

It's meant to be on the extras disc with Natural World
If you get time later can you check that disc

If it's not on the extras disc then Zavvi advertising is wrong
Thanks
Paul
Nope - the fifth disc definitely only has the two Natural World episodes. I've even checked it in my PC's Blu-ray drive with ripping software to confirm the video files present on the disc.

Actually, I wonder if Zavvi just did a cut and paste from the specs of the original DVD edition, considering the following information I've found:

"All three episodes of Planet Earth - The Future are included as a bonus feature on the fifth disc of the British and North American versions of the Planet Earth DVD box set (BBCDVD1883 in the UK). It was omitted from the HD DVD and Blu-ray sets because of the mixture of standard and high-definition footage."

I might send them a query (but based on previous experience, I doubt I will get a sensible and coherent answer!).

I have kept a screenshot of the description
I will be contacting Zavvi after I get delivery to get the BBC supply all customers who order while the description says it includes Planet Earth- The Future a DVD copy of Planet Earth - The Future
So Steelbook is as advertised
The Steelbook can hold 6 discs so easy to add the DVD

Thanks for pics Doctor - good of you to share.
Crying shame that a gloss finish was not used here to make those lovely underwater colours pop. I mean, you can get a taste of how the colours could have looked from the j-card. Bit disappointing.
Titles and print on both front and back . . . was that really necessary ?
No Blu-ray logo on the spine? Not really happy about that !

Anyway, thanks for confirming a couple of things that were not clear before:
1) Content is exactly the same as the 5 BD release from 2007 with both sets running at 563 mins.
2) Content is not the same as the digipack Special Edition from 2010 running at 660 mins with the extra DVD disc.

Rare nowadays to get a DVD disc included in a steelbook - apart from in some of those classy Eureka and Arrow steelbooks - (unlike in other territories, particularly in The States, where I believe DVDs are included more often than not).
Reminded of the recent TERMINATOR GENISYS steelbook with its DVD logo on the spine and no DVD inside for us here in the U.K.
images

Sorry, kids, no DVD included here :sorry:

Last edited:
I can confirm, having received my copy, that PLANET EARTH - THE FUTURE is definitely not included.
A message to Zavvi is definitely in order, no doubt with a pointless, generic response as usual from them.......
First response from Zavvi as follows:

Thank you for getting in touch about Planet Earth - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

I have raised this with our content team who will investigate this for you and we will be in contact soon with an update on this.

So I'm not going to hold my breath! The last time they referred one of my queries to their content team (after I queried their comment that for Star Wars: The Force Awakens "the steelbook shall have the title of the front of the item itself"), they said that "we will be in contact in 24-48 hours with an update on this". That was on 23 March - and I'm still waiting!!! (But we all know what the truth is on that one!).

• Informative
Thanks for pics Doctor - good of you to share.
Crying shame that a gloss finish was not used here to make those lovely underwater colours pop. I mean, you can get a taste of how the colours could have looked from the j-card. Bit disappointing.
Titles and print on both front and back . . . was that really necessary ?
No Blu-ray logo on the spine? Not really happy about that !

Anyway, thanks for confirming a couple of things that were not clear before:
1) Content is exactly the same as the 5 BD release from 2007 with both sets running at 563 mins.
2) Content is not the same as the digipack Special Edition from 2010 running at 660 mins with the extra DVD disc.

Rare nowadays to get a DVD disc included in a steelbook - apart from in some of those classy Eureka and Arrow steelbooks - (unlike in other territories, particularly in The States, where I believe DVDs are included more often than not).
Reminded of the recent TERMINATOR GENISYS steelbook with its DVD logo on the spine and no DVD inside for us here in the U.K.
images

Sorry, kids, no DVD included here :sorry:
Actually, it does have a gloss finish - it just doesn't show very well in my pics which make it appear more like a matt finish. I think it was a problem with the lighting and my camera creating a false impression.

I still would have ordered this steelbook even if I had of known the website description was wrong that it included the planet earth the future and was the same content as the 2007 release

But they clearly advertised that it includes Planet Earth - The Future and after I get delivery on Monday or Tuesday I will be contacting Zavvi and the BBC to match the description of the contents

BBC all they have to do is supply Zavvi with DVD of Planet Earth - The Future to send onto customers who ordered the steelbook and that is what I will be requesting happen

In the USA Planet Earth - The Future was on a Blu-ray in HD in the special edition and the UK it was only available with the DVD Special Edition release

I have kept a screenshot of the description
I will be contacting Zavvi after I get delivery to get the BBC supply all customers who order while the description says it includes Planet Earth- The Future a DVD copy of Planet Earth - The Future
So Steelbook is as advertised
The Steelbook can hold 6 discs so easy to add the DVD
Latest update from Zavvi:

I can see that the content team is investigating this and the listing should be updated shortly.

Reading between the lines, I suspect this means to remove the reference to the inclusion of "Planet Earth - The Future"...

• Informative
Latest update from Zavvi:

I can see that the content team is investigating this and the listing should be updated shortly.

Reading between the lines, I suspect this means to remove the reference to the inclusion of "Planet Earth - The Future"...
I have a screenshot of the description showing it meant to include Planet Earth the Future

If remove the reference to the inclusion of "Planet Earth - The Future all that means is customers who order after the change can't claim to be provided with the the missing Planet Earth the Future or that the goods are not as described

Customers who ordered while is says it includes Planet Earth the Future can request they be provided with this as they expected to be
Consumer Rights Act can be applied if not provided with Planet Earth the Future as this was in the description when others pre ordered

Consumer Rights Act
As described The goods supplied must match any description given to you at the time of purchase.

I expect Zavvi though will just try to ignore requests for any missing content and offer a discount or a full refund for those that want to take that option
It will be up to the BBC to provide the missing content if they are willing to do this but only if Zavvi ask them to do so
or the BBC act by themselves for good customer service without Zavvi requesting this
Legally the description of goods for sale it's with the retailer or a private seller it's their responsibility and not with the manufacture of the goods for sale.

This has happened before when studiocanal have provided missing content that was advertised in the description of goods for sale
StudioCanal did this for the Zavvi exclusive Wicker Man steelbook but they did this themselves and not because Zavvi asked them

I'm not sure though if the BBC will be as willing to do what StudioCanal did on this occasion it will be Legally Zavvi responsibility

All that can be done is make a complaint and the options are a replacement of the missing content or a full refund if that is not possible or the customer accepts what's been sold to them
Trading standards can fine a retailer if they feel they are in breach of description of goods for sale

Last edited: