Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update today !

Dear Collectors,

we believe that you are spending pleasant sunny summer days and we would like to inform you about current events.

We've been held up by a few lenticular reprints on the FAC #171 GODZILLA v KONG, but we're now hopefully nearing the finals to complete and ship. We don't know the exact release date yet, but we will update it soon on our e-shop pages, and the release dates of subsequent editions will be updated as well.

As we informed you in earlier reports, the quality of manufactured and delivered products is still not where we expected it to be and longer efforts are needed to obtain what we call quality. Thank you for taking these processes into consideration and continuing to support us in our efforts. We believe that this can be seen in the published editions.

Thank you for regularly sending us videos of your FAC collections and competing for the highest finishes. Don't forget that the collection challenge closes on 8/31/2023, so hurry up.

At the same time, we set the date August 31/2023 as an internal date by which we will wait for an instruction from the Disney studio that we can release the PREDATOR editions. If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied and we are not waiting for a miracle from heaven. We wish, just like you, to close this approved project already and we believe that you will welcome our efforts for an active solution.

Next week we will start pre-orders for the titles EDGE OF TOMORROW, HALLOWEEN KILLS, NO TIME TO DIE, TOY STORY 4, THE BOURNE IDENTITY, and this week we will present these editions to you.

We have prepared low-limited premiums for you to pre-order in September and we will reveal these to you soon.

For now, thank you very much for your favor and support.

We look forward to further cooperation with you.

Sincerely,

The FA team

Update today !

Dear Collectors,

we believe that you are spending pleasant sunny summer days and we would like to inform you about current events.

We've been held up by a few lenticular reprints on the FAC #171 GODZILLA v KONG, but we're now hopefully nearing the finals to complete and ship. We don't know the exact release date yet, but we will update it soon on our e-shop pages, and the release dates of subsequent editions will be updated as well.

As we informed you in earlier reports, the quality of manufactured and delivered products is still not where we expected it to be and longer efforts are needed to obtain what we call quality. Thank you for taking these processes into consideration and continuing to support us in our efforts. We believe that this can be seen in the published editions.

Thank you for regularly sending us videos of your FAC collections and competing for the highest finishes. Don't forget that the collection challenge closes on 8/31/2023, so hurry up.

At the same time, we set the date August 31/2023 as an internal date by which we will wait for an instruction from the Disney studio that we can release the PREDATOR editions. If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied and we are not waiting for a miracle from heaven. We wish, just like you, to close this approved project already and we believe that you will welcome our efforts for an active solution.

Next week we will start pre-orders for the titles EDGE OF TOMORROW, HALLOWEEN KILLS, NO TIME TO DIE, TOY STORY 4, THE BOURNE IDENTITY, and this week we will present these editions to you.

We have prepared low-limited premiums for you to pre-order in September and we will reveal these to you soon.

For now, thank you very much for your favor and support.

We look forward to further cooperation with you.

Sincerely,

The FA team
So if Disney gives no answer or resolution by the end of the month, Filmarena will refund everyone? That's what it sounds like. If everyone gets refunded, most people will likely lose money when you consider the PayPal fees and exchange rates. Will Filmarena cover that?

So if Disney gives no answer or resolution by the end of the month, Filmarena will refund everyone? That's what it sounds like. If everyone gets refunded, most people will likely lose money when you consider the PayPal fees and exchange rates. Will Filmarena cover that?
They will release a discless FAC for the new title "Prädator". :naughty::D Let's see what they're up to.

• Haha
Reactions: mgugi and MM3

I don´t think so, this is not what they are saying.

They say:

"If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied"

So, that means also Filmarena......I dont think they would be satisfied with full refund after all those years.

It will be either refunded in FA credit so you would need to spend it again on their shop, or they think up something sneaky.

Would be really very surprised If we get full refund back to our creditcards

If everyone gets refunded, most people will likely lose money when you consider the PayPal fees and exchange rates. Will Filmarena cover that?
Obviously not. Currency fluctuations aren't something they can control/will cover. If it's a full refund being issued, everyone will get the full amount they paid, in the Currency they paid, back.

I.e if you paid FAC 2,500czk, you'll get that sent back to your payment source, and you bank are responsible for converting that back into local currency. The same as if you paid a host Euro or GBP, you will receive that amount back, converted by your payment source back into local currency (if applicable).

I don´t think so, this is not what they are saying.

They say:

"If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied"

So, that means also Filmarena......I dont think they would be satisfied with full refund after all those years.

It will be either refunded in FA credit so you would need to spend it again on their shop, or they think up something sneaky.

Would be really very surprised If we get full refund back to our creditcards
hopefully they are well aware that lot of people would consider never ordering from them again if thats how they conduct business (i.e. no full refund but some shady "compromise")

even a full refund isnt something everyone would be satisfied with due to the immense disappointment, time wasted and the unshakable feeling that they were just too incompetent to deal with disney

Reactions: MM3 and Hereticz
That message is cryptic asf though. I'd be surprised if FAC refund everyone who purchased, as that's not going to make them satisfied lol Part of me thinks they'll release it and fu#k disney, as their relationship is essentially over now anyway. Or they'll just release without discs, and offer partial credits to all.

That message is cryptic asf though. I'd be surprised if FAC refund everyone who purchased, as that's not going to make them satisfied lol Part of me thinks they'll release it and fu#k disney, as they're relationship is essentially over now anyway. Or they'll release without discs, and offer partial credits to all.
id prefer both solutions over a refund.. it all depends on whether they would face legal repercussions from doing so..

If they can't release it, and they offer equal credit towards a future purchase, you all would probably be better off taking the credit if you think you will be purchasing one of their future releases so that you don't lose money on conversion fees.

However I know that some of you always have your "principles" and therefore are going to demand not just refunds or credits but further compensation on top of that as well.

Reactions: MM3
id prefer both solutions over a refund.. it all depends on whether they would face legal repercussions from doing so..
Same. I don't think there are any disney titles in flight, apart from Toy story 4, which has been in development for ages and evidently signed off on for them to be able to start preorder. So releasing Predator is unlikely to impact future editions, with none planned. As you say though, it all depends on what they think they can get away with legally. We don't know what the original agreement was, so it's hard to judge. Given all the steels are made though, i can't see FAC wasting 3.6k steels.

Reactions: hatredhorror
If they can't release it, and they offer equal credit towards a future purchase, you all would probably be better off taking the credit if you think you will be purchasing one of their future releases so that you don't lose money on conversion fees.

However I know that some of you always have your "principles" and therefore are going to demand not just refunds or credits but further compensation on top of that as well.
i want the product or a full refund, but not some shady store credit or any other form of "cOmPrOmIsE"