Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the era of filmarena is over.
They gave other companies the lead.
Film Arena, like CM, is not meeting its release date and their operating style is the worst.
Now I do not envy the people who have or buy the version of the film arena, and I do not want to buy it at all, so I gave up the collectors number two months ago.

Now the era of filmarena is over.
They gave other companies the lead.
Film Arena, like CM, is not meeting its release date and their operating style is the worst.
Now I do not envy the people who have or buy the version of the film arena, and I do not want to buy it at all, so I gave up the collectors number two months ago.

I agree, except that Filmarena was giving the lead, I dont think so. The lead was always more Blufans and the companies in Korea imo.

I have written them 3 times over the last couple of months requesting a change of shipping address in my two open orders because of moving, and they simple do not reply. I wanted to place a new order with them, but I think that I am done with FA. They are not serious any longer.

If you're seriously asking, it's an illustration of a common saying "beating a dead horse", meaning a pointless endeavor of something obviously futile.

I know I know. Just tried to lighten up this very morbid thread. Anyways, what do you guys are going to do ? Wait wait and still wait or think of asking a refund ? I'm kinda feeling I want my €100 back ... not sure tho it's possible at all.

Nah you're not that subtle and I'm not giving Lenny that amount of credit :whistle::naughty:
I did write "if you're seriously asking", 'cause you never know with Space Cadet, so gimme that credit, I want it, it's mine! :LOL:

I'm kinda feeling I want my €100 back ... not sure tho it's possible at all.

They're hogging a whole €800 order for half a year with a dozen FACs, that was returned to them from customs, and that's besides two more other orders since then, so...

I did write "if you're seriously asking", 'cause you never know with Space Cadet, so gimme that credit, I want it, it's mine! :LOL:

They're hogging a whole €800 order for half a year with a dozen FACs, that was returned to them from customs, and that's besides two more other orders since then, so...

who-me.gif

I think if this edition wasn't such a beautiful looking Predator release, then you'd have all requested an out and a refund months and months ago.
Having read a few hundred posts here, this company sounds like some kind of bull***t bogus drama. Poor poor customer service.
They should have refunded everyone as a point and when the crap with Disney was sorted, then allocated the original purchaser back the option of buying again first.

I feel for you guys.

I think if this edition wasn't such a beautiful looking Predator release, then you'd have all requested an out and a refund months and months ago.
Having read a few hundred posts here, this company sounds like some kind of bull***t bogus drama. Poor poor customer service.
They should have refunded everyone as a point and when the crap with Disney was sorted, then allocated the original purchaser back the option of buying again first.

I feel for you guys.

You are just being jealous !

Kidding, you are correct.

This one is a big exception to the rule and Disney have truly been a pain the arse to retailers world wide since they when all in on Disney + at leat with Bob’s return he has seen the error of their ways but it is not a quick fix.

What I am more concerned about with FAC is their delays on other releases, no explanations and things are pushed back months and even when the steelbook is WWA! How after all this time they can’t get the box art signed off and built in a reasonable time is beyond me.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Dear Collectors,

thank you for the very long wait for the title PREDATOR.

We will briefly recapitulate the history so far regarding this project. In October 2019, we were approved by the Fox studio to produce the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR and all relevant numbered editions. After the production and delivery of this SteelBook, it remained in the stock of the distribution partner Bontonfilm, which, due to problems in the media market, decided to withdraw from the distribution of physical media, and this matter technically took place during 2020, when the SteelBook PREDATOR remained in its warehouses. After that, the acquisition of FOX was completed, the titles and rights of which were transferred to Disney, there was a technical change in the distributor in our market. In September 2021, the Disney studio verbally confirmed to us through the words of distribution that we could release the SteelBook PREDATOR. However, the new distributor requested re-approval of individual numbered editions. At the time, we thought that to undergo this procedure once more was primarily decency within the framework of good relations with the partner who helped us to regain the SteelBook PREDATOR from the outgoing distributor. In addition, once approved editions should not be a problem to approve and publish in an accelerated mode, except for cosmetic minor things. Unfortunately, we've been waiting for two years already, and logically it seems too much for everyone, especially if the studio and distribution still haven't given us objective reasons why we can't send the Fox studio-approved editions to customers.

That is why we decided to proceed according to the original scenario when all rights but also obligations, claims, and liabilities should be transferred to the new acquirer of rights. In the same way, the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR should be released according to the original concept approved by the Fox studio, it is polite to replace or update some copyrights as far as possible.

But now to the point. The final approval of the studio to send the editions, for which we have been waiting for so long, is tied to the delivery of physical media, which we do not yet have. That's why we came up with the option to offer you individual PREDATOR editions without discs. The paradox is that both Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray discs are on sale all over the world, but we still can't get our hands on them. The whole project has already cost us a lot, both in terms of effort and financial resources, and we honestly don't know when the studio will approve the delivery of the discs. In addition to financial and reputational losses, the whole project cost us a lot, and we don't want to wait any longer. We need to get the editions to the customers in order to at least partially cover the total costs and finally finish this project. The delivered editions will contain everything we showed you in the beauty shots, the only thing missing will be the discs. Originally, we wanted to offer customers two options: 1) send without discs to those who do not want to wait any longer and 2) wait for discs for those who are not in a hurry, but we are not interested in extending this delay, which is beyond the normal limit, any longer, because on the one hand, we need to free up space in the warehouse and at the same time end speculation about what is going on behind the scenes. Any other solutions would only mean further delay. That is why we come up with this proposal. For those who do not want to accept editions without discs, we offer the option of canceling the order and refunding the money. Due to the high costs of this project, we are unfortunately unable to provide a discount for the delivery of editions without discs. We will offer canceled orders to interested parties on waiting lists. We are not sure whether there will be any editions left for free sale after the processing of the waiting lists, therefore we will announce any free sale in advance by bulk email or on the e-shop.

Our decision is not one you make every day, it took us long, but we can see it as the only option to deliver the coveted and long-promised exclusive SteelBook to customers. We won't completely satisfy you, however, in our opinion, we did the best we could do and in time. It is possible that this decision will bring us even more unplanned problems, but it is the only option to avoid delaying the solution for months or years.

Regarding PREDATOR editions, we will send you information by email during this week, about when and how it is possible to cancel your order. About a week or two before we have it completed, we will send another email with information that we are preparing an expedition. For the E1, E2, E3, and E5 editions, we estimate this already during October, E4 box will take a couple more weeks.

Unfortunately, we will have to postpone the release and distribution of the next upcoming editions by this time, because we will be using our assembly and shipping team to the maximum.

Thank you for understanding our proposed solution and for your help in writing the history of the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR.

With warm regards,

Jan for the Filmarena team

Děkujeme a přejeme Vám hezký den!

Dear Collectors,

thank you for the very long wait for the title PREDATOR.

We will briefly recapitulate the history so far regarding this project. In October 2019, we were approved by the Fox studio to produce the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR and all relevant numbered editions. After the production and delivery of this SteelBook, it remained in the stock of the distribution partner Bontonfilm, which, due to problems in the media market, decided to withdraw from the distribution of physical media, and this matter technically took place during 2020, when the SteelBook PREDATOR remained in its warehouses. After that, the acquisition of FOX was completed, the titles and rights of which were transferred to Disney, there was a technical change in the distributor in our market. In September 2021, the Disney studio verbally confirmed to us through the words of distribution that we could release the SteelBook PREDATOR. However, the new distributor requested re-approval of individual numbered editions. At the time, we thought that to undergo this procedure once more was primarily decency within the framework of good relations with the partner who helped us to regain the SteelBook PREDATOR from the outgoing distributor. In addition, once approved editions should not be a problem to approve and publish in an accelerated mode, except for cosmetic minor things. Unfortunately, we've been waiting for two years already, and logically it seems too much for everyone, especially if the studio and distribution still haven't given us objective reasons why we can't send the Fox studio-approved editions to customers.

That is why we decided to proceed according to the original scenario when all rights but also obligations, claims, and liabilities should be transferred to the new acquirer of rights. In the same way, the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR should be released according to the original concept approved by the Fox studio, it is polite to replace or update some copyrights as far as possible.

But now to the point. The final approval of the studio to send the editions, for which we have been waiting for so long, is tied to the delivery of physical media, which we do not yet have. That's why we came up with the option to offer you individual PREDATOR editions without discs. The paradox is that both Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray discs are on sale all over the world, but we still can't get our hands on them. The whole project has already cost us a lot, both in terms of effort and financial resources, and we honestly don't know when the studio will approve the delivery of the discs. In addition to financial and reputational losses, the whole project cost us a lot, and we don't want to wait any longer. We need to get the editions to the customers in order to at least partially cover the total costs and finally finish this project. The delivered editions will contain everything we showed you in the beauty shots, the only thing missing will be the discs. Originally, we wanted to offer customers two options: 1) send without discs to those who do not want to wait any longer and 2) wait for discs for those who are not in a hurry, but we are not interested in extending this delay, which is beyond the normal limit, any longer, because on the one hand, we need to free up space in the warehouse and at the same time end speculation about what is going on behind the scenes. Any other solutions would only mean further delay. That is why we come up with this proposal. For those who do not want to accept editions without discs, we offer the option of canceling the order and refunding the money. Due to the high costs of this project, we are unfortunately unable to provide a discount for the delivery of editions without discs. We will offer canceled orders to interested parties on waiting lists. We are not sure whether there will be any editions left for free sale after the processing of the waiting lists, therefore we will announce any free sale in advance by bulk email or on the e-shop.

Our decision is not one you make every day, it took us long, but we can see it as the only option to deliver the coveted and long-promised exclusive SteelBook to customers. We won't completely satisfy you, however, in our opinion, we did the best we could do and in time. It is possible that this decision will bring us even more unplanned problems, but it is the only option to avoid delaying the solution for months or years.

Regarding PREDATOR editions, we will send you information by email during this week, about when and how it is possible to cancel your order. About a week or two before we have it completed, we will send another email with information that we are preparing an expedition. For the E1, E2, E3, and E5 editions, we estimate this already during October, E4 box will take a couple more weeks.

Unfortunately, we will have to postpone the release and distribution of the next upcoming editions by this time, because we will be using our assembly and shipping team to the maximum.

Thank you for understanding our proposed solution and for your help in writing the history of the exclusive SteelBook PREDATOR.

With warm regards,

Jan for the Filmarena team

Děkujeme a přejeme Vám hezký den!
Finally! Thank ** for that. I'll happily keep my discless E3 order