Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So they came up with the next level of Discless trend by not offering the editions cheaper, and also making excuses for next delays at the same time. Bravo, that’s next level bulls***.
Agree. Like what was costly to them over this delay? The steel and I assume the rest, we're already manufactured since 2 years ago. Are you telling me they hadn't budgeted 2,000 times discs (or whatever the print run was) into that when they took payments? They're saving a fortune by doing it this way now......

Reactions: wojo134 and MM3
Glad this is finally coming to an end but I must echo my feelings that my E2 edition will now be costing me close on nearly £85 for a slip and empty steelbook which is one hell of a lot of money and nearly two years to get it.
As much as I appreciate it being released this would not of hurt them to show some type of goodwill gesture for their loyal customers by the way of some type of credit for a future order.
I personally don't think they will be around for much longer and this is now going to upset a fair few customers along with other editions being pushed further and further back.
They are super quick to take your money for new announcements sometimes only days notice then make you wait 6 plus months for your goods.
Bad business practice if you ask me and it certainly will leave a bad taste in a fair few customers mouths. Just look how long we are waiting for Shawshank and a very bog standard generic release at that , Wonder if this will now go to a 2024 release ?
What a mess FA what a mess.

I had a technical question on the Predator discs as deciding what to buy to put in there:- Was the Blu Ray that was included with the recent 4K release remastered from the new print or was it simply the previously existent transfer bundled in there...?

I had a technical question on the Predator discs as deciding what to buy to put in there:- Was the Blu Ray that was included with the recent 4K release remastered from the new print or was it simply the previously existent transfer bundled in there...?
There's no newly remastered blu-ray. The blu-ray with the 4k releases is the 'hunter' edition that's been out for many years. The disc in the fac release was intended to be the 3D+2D combo disc btw, which holds the same 'hunter' transfer.

Reactions: mikeab07
instead of being happy that fac *finally* releases predator, its all complaining about not getting a partial refund for the missing disc.. absolutely no understanding, let alone sympathy, for all the extra cost and trouble fac went through.. world is truly going down the drain

To be fair, people paid for a product as advertised. FAC are no longer delivering the whole product as advertised.

Some customers are bound to be p*ssed.

FAC may not be responsible for how things went with Disney but they are responsible for keeping their customers happy.

To be fair, people paid for a product as advertised. FAC are no longer delivering the whole product as advertised.

Some customers are bound to be p*ssed.

FAC may not be responsible for how things went with Disney but they are responsible for keeping their customers happy.
Which is why they're offering full refunds to anyone who wishes to cancel, as the product is not what they ordered. That's all they're obliged to do. It is what it is at this point.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Which is why they're offering full refunds to anyone who wishes to cancel, as the product is not what they ordered. That's all they're obliged to do. It is what it is at this point.

You're right, it is what it is and they're not obliged to do more than they're doing. But I think a little good will could go a long way - FAC are capable of offering a better solution than like it or lump it.

I don't even have any skin in the game here, to me it simply seems wrong not to reduce the price if the discs aren't included.

You're right, it is what it is and they're not obliged to do more than they're doing. But I think a little good will could go a long way - FAC are capable of offering a better solution than like it or lump it.

I don't even have any skin in the game here, to me it simply seems wrong not to reduce the price if the discs aren't included.
By the sounds of it, reducing the price would loose them money due to steps in the long winded release process, they have in all fairness had the transparency to explain to us.

It may seem unfair to the collector, but as a business I can see why they can't absorb a large loss for no reason than kindness. They've probably absorbed losses on this release anyway with storage costs, and likely reputational and relationship damage.

Offering a refund is their obligation, and settles any disgruntled buyer, even if they are left with a bitter taste in their mouth. Any cancellations will be immediately snapped up at the full price FAC want anyway, so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Would I like discs? Yes. Would I like €10/15 refund for having no discs? Also yes. Do I care about either of those hypothetical scenarios enough for me not want to keep my E3? Hell no.

"We need to get the editions to the customers in order to at least partially cover the total costs and finally finish this project."

But FA already have out money ! What are they lying.

I'm getting the dickless (sic) edition, but this will be my last FA. Ever.

I sold my Predator amarays when ordered this. So do not have the movies.

Well, better than nothing.

.... and maybe, just maybe I'm guitting HDN too now. So for you guys n gals this is win-win anyways.

:rofl:

"We need to get the editions to the customers in order to at least partially cover the total costs and finally finish this project."

But FA already have out money ! What are they lying.

I'm getting the dickless (sic) edition, but this will be my last FA. Ever.

I sold my Predator amarays when ordered this. So do not have the movies.

Well, better than nothing.

.... and maybe, just maybe I'm guitting HDN too now. So for you guys n gals this is win-win anyways.

:rofl:
they have our money for the first edition they have created, but they dont have our money for the various reprints that were necessary for this release iirc, they dont have our money for storing 4000 editions in a warehouse for 2 years, they dont have our money for the labor costs of fighting with disney for 2 years, etc etc

people just have no idea at all how to run a business and by default assume the worst, i.e. filmarena is lying and practically stealing from us :rolleyes:

they have our money for the first edition they have created, but they dont have our money for the various reprints that were necessary for this release iirc, they dont have our money for storing 4000 editions in a warehouse for 2 years, they dont have our money for the labor costs of fighting with disney for 2 years, etc etc

people just have no idea at all how to run a business and by default assume the worst, i.e. filmarena is lying and practically stealing from us :rolleyes:

I get your point. But they do have our money.

And I do have some idea how business works, actually. Part of that is sh*it happens. It's no smooth run. But part of running (good) business is preparing to the worst. I - believe or not - own stock market portfolio and because of that keep close eye on those companies. Business overall and economy of certain countries.

I'm not saying they are stealing. But I what I quoted is a lie. Because they are not getting any more money from us. Except shipping.

3d-stock-market.gif