Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They already wasted our money on irrelevant releases...
Huh? How can they waste your money on irrelevant releases? If someone choses to pay for something, it isn't irrelevant to them is it.. and if you think it's irrelevant, and still pay for it, then it's you who've wasted your own money lol

Update today !

Dear Collectors,

we believe that you are spending pleasant sunny summer days and we would like to inform you about current events.

We've been held up by a few lenticular reprints on the FAC #171 GODZILLA v KONG, but we're now hopefully nearing the finals to complete and ship. We don't know the exact release date yet, but we will update it soon on our e-shop pages, and the release dates of subsequent editions will be updated as well.

As we informed you in earlier reports, the quality of manufactured and delivered products is still not where we expected it to be and longer efforts are needed to obtain what we call quality. Thank you for taking these processes into consideration and continuing to support us in our efforts. We believe that this can be seen in the published editions.

Thank you for regularly sending us videos of your FAC collections and competing for the highest finishes. Don't forget that the collection challenge closes on 8/31/2023, so hurry up.

At the same time, we set the date August 31/2023 as an internal date by which we will wait for an instruction from the Disney studio that we can release the PREDATOR editions. If the studio does not reply, we will propose a solution so that everyone can be satisfied and we are not waiting for a miracle from heaven. We wish, just like you, to close this approved project already and we believe that you will welcome our efforts for an active solution.

Next week we will start pre-orders for the titles EDGE OF TOMORROW, HALLOWEEN KILLS, NO TIME TO DIE, TOY STORY 4, THE BOURNE IDENTITY, and this week we will present these editions to you.

We have prepared low-limited premiums for you to pre-order in September and we will reveal these to you soon.

For now, thank you very much for your favor and support.

We look forward to further cooperation with you.

Sincerely,

The FA team

Looking forward to Bourne Identity and maybe Edge of Tomorrow? :cigar:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Go discless is the easy solution….not sure about the cost difference but at this point the money is long gone so I hardly care I guess as this will help close the loop of all things FA for me.

Reactions: samdavies
Go discless is the easy solution….not sure about the cost difference but at this point the money is long gone so I hardly care I guess as this will help close the loop of all things FA for me.
Agree. Give it to me discless, idc. I mean ideally like a £10/15 refund so I can rebuy the disc I sold, but at this point, whatever.

Huh? How can they waste your money on irrelevant releases? If someone choses to pay for something, it isn't irrelevant to them is it.. and if you think it's irrelevant, and still pay for it, then it's you who've wasted your own money lol
First of all, let it not be mistaken, I am one of those for who this release is one of the most anticipated releases of all since it was announced OVER 5 YEARS AGO, and well before Disney finalized the acquisition of 21st Century Fox on March 20, 2019 (almost 2 years later!).
So IMO that does not make this right.

When I refered to irrelevance; If you look at some screenshots of FAC releases released after Predator announcment below you will see all these green 'in stock' releases. In other words not even interesting for collectors due to being irrelevant releases (my view). All these were released months after other retailers (Tenet, Inglorious bastards) -or releases nobody cares for (47 Ronin, Gemini man, Allied) Heck, even The Thing is still available. I can guarentee you some of these releases (it should not be a surprise, it were those which were released shortly after announcement/GB) were financed with Predator-money. That's how business is done these days globally, not only @ FAC ;)

Screenshot_20230821_184457_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_184324_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_184411_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, let it not be mistaken, I am one of those for who this release is one of the most anticipated releases of all since it was announced.

BUT, that does not make this right. If you look at some screenshots of FAC releases released after Predator announcment below you will see all these green 'in stock' releases. In other words not even interesting for collectors due to being irrelevant releases (my view). All these were released months after other retailers (Tenet, Inglorious bastards) -or releases nobody cares for (47 Ronin, Gemini man, Allied) Heck, even The Thing is still available. I can guarentee you some of these releases (it should not be a surprise, it were those which were released shortly after announcement/GB) were financed with Predator-money. That's how business is done these days globally, not only @ FAC ;)

View attachment 561575

View attachment 561576
View attachment 561577
Right, I get what you mean. That's kinda standard practice though. Once paid for, it's their cash to progress the business with it's next release, and so on.. It's not wasted cash, as it's been used like cash from every other release they've made.

Whether someone likes the next set of releases is completely irrelevant. It's not like they've chosen to spend the Predator cash on other releases instead of putting out Predator.
Well, not that we know of anyway.

From what we know it is not their fault they can't release Predator, it's just a sh!t set of circumstances. We've also not been told it isn't releasing or we can't have a refund either, it's all speculation. So your statement is still a bit Eh, but I get ya.

Right, I get what you mean. That's kinda standard practice though. Once paid for, it's their cash to progress the business with it's next release, and so on.. It's not wasted cash, as it's been used like cash from every other release they've made.

1) Whether someone likes the next set of releases is completely irrelevant. It's not like they've chosen to spend the Predator cash on other releases instead of putting out Predator.

From what we know it is not their fault they can't release Predator, it's just a sh!t set of circumstances. We've also not been told it isn't releasing or we can't have a refund either, it's all speculation. So your statement is still a bit Eh, but I get ya.
To make it easy to reply on 2 of your statements ( ;) ) ;
1) sure FAC will never tell us but it is standard practice, but not for a 5 year project. Remember, this FAC release was announced before the Black Barons release of Predator was released :woot:

2) they had 21 months to get it released before the dark force called Disney was involved :)

To make it easy to reply on 2 of your statements ( ;) ) ;
1) sure FAC will never tell us but it is standard practice, but not for a 5 year project

2) they had 21 months to get it released before the dark force called Disney was involved :)
1) it's not really a 5 year project if they've only taken cash in November 2021.

2) not really... nothing could be approved mid fox merger, and they can only release what they can get approved from disney since. That's the reason for the entire situation we're in :facepalm:

Reactions: larson1977
1) it's not really a 5 year project if they've only taken cash in November 2021.

2) not really... nothing could be approved mid fox merger, and they can only release what they can get approved from disney since. That's the reason for the entire situation we're in :facepalm:
they have taken payment october 2021 tho (edit: yeah nvm, didnt see your edit) and from my understanding it was already approved by fox back then..

it seems like the whole situation could have been avoided if they didnt stall so much..

a release taking half a year or longer to complete sounds like a fairy tale these days anyways, now that manta is dishing out two premiums each month

they have taken payment october 2021 tho and from my understanding it was already approved by fox back then..

it seems like the whole situation could be avoided if they didnt stall so much..

a release taking half a year or longer to complete sounds like a fairy tale these days, now that manta is dishing out two premiums each month
Tbh they shouldn't have put it up for preorder without the nod from disney at that point, as the merger was done and fox was essentially no more in Q421, but there we go. That would've avoided it all, but I'm not sure they could've done it any earlier without approval etc.. I guess we'll never know for sure.

When FA told they'll try to find a solution for everyone, my guess is we got 2 options ... either Filmarena will make a refund or they'll make a credit from the amount for our next order.

And remember, at a time, they said they won't work with Disney anymore, so no more title release from Disney. That was their statement. And now, they make a announce for their next titles ... "Toy Story 4".

I may be wrong, this movie is a Pixar movie, but Pixar belongs to Disney, so it's a bit weird.

Bottom line, they're waiting for the end of the month to get an answer from Disney ... but why did they wait so long to find a solution ??!! It was clear Disney did not care, and FA was hoping to get an approval since so many month.
I'm pretty sure we won't get a refund, because of the fact that customers paid with credit card, and today those credit cards may be expired.

Reactions: MM3
And remember, at a time, they said they won't work with Disney anymore, so no more title release from Disney. That was their statement. And now, they make a announce for their next titles ... "Toy Story 4".

I may be wrong, this movie is a Pixar movie, but Pixar belongs to Disney, so it's a bit weird.
You're right, TS4 is disney. I think that title has been in the works for AGES though, due to it's age. So they've probably only just got the approval through. It makes sense for FAC to carry out something they've already sunk time into, but not to spend time on anything new with how disney have behaved.

Reactions: vinny

Whether someone likes the next set of releases is completely irrelevant. It's not like they've chosen to spend the Predator cash on other releases instead of putting out Predator.

Charging people for a product that wasn't secure is their fault, though...

Last edited: