Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 LG BH200's (out of production now), but they can be modified with the remote (thread on AVS). They've been fantastic thus far and also play PAL and all regions of DVD's.

Reactions: edcopseywinn
Those are nice, I need one ... I just found one for around $250 which doesnt seem bad. Not the LG but like a panasonic.

Sorry for the dumb question here. I have a LG Bh200 so I can do the remote switch, but these other players that have been mentioned do they do the remote switch or do the players detect and switch region's automatically?

I hope this message find someone on this old thread. I am looking into a region free bluray player. What is the best way to go right now?

I have been using my Oppo BP83 for over a year now. I have upgraded it a couple of times. I have not had a single issue with it. Every disc has worked perfectly. It is fast and looks great. I think there is a new model now. But definitely worth looking at! Hope that helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

you can get a region free (with remote hack) BD player from best buy for $89. If interested, PM me as I may take a while to check back on this thread.

I bought a Philips BDP3000 which I only found out much later could be changed to play Region A discs by altering the firmware update before installing it. You can find out how on youtube. The great thing is, you can pick it up for around £50 delivered, refurbished of course, but I've never had any problem with refurbished.

Once it's hacked, it is basically a Region A player, but will obviously play region free. I don't know if it can be changed back, but I'd imagine it would with another firmware.

It's a great player too. My PS3 has now become my second player, for Region B locked only.

I finally got myself a region free player a few weeks ago at best buy. It works great and it was just under $65 i think with tax.

Region Free Blu-ray Players

USA with remote code hack - 9113

Best Buy Player

Lots of good info on posts #10, 87 and 105.

attachment.php

Region free trick for Panasonic Blu-ray players (not sure if it works on ALL models, but worth a try, worked on mine (BD35).

Thanks Jung @TBS

All you need to do is load up the disc. When the message pops up that says the disc will only play in a Region B or C player pops up, press "stop" on the remote control. Then press "1" on the remote, followed by "enter." This will bypass the message and load up the disc to play normally.

Last edited by a moderator: