Sainsburys - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

vilhelm42

Premium Supporter
Oct 16, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any experience ordering from Sainsburys? Just wondering what their packaging is like and if it's better than Zavvi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighDefSamurai
Can't believe it my replacement arrived already! and packed better this time. Top notch customer service from sainsbury's.
P1040964_zpsae143388.jpg

That's very annoying as I've bought quite a few steels from them due their often great prices - and that's before you use nectar points to make them even cheaper.

As for digital - do we really want or need our digital media spread over different providers? I want to just look in one place and see all my films together, and for me that's my ultraviolet collection in Flixster. Having to switch (and log in) to lots of different providers would be more trouble than it's worth, not to mention untidy having your film collection scattered all over the place...

Couldn't agree more. I'm growning to hate the spread of the 'digital revolution' that goes hand in hand with 'downsizing' and 'decluttering'

The last two especially seem like an evil plot by the ultra- rich to return the rest of us to peasant status by the backdoor - I like my 'clutter' I'm a human being, therefore I collect.

I for one like to hold a real book in my hands and turn real pages. put discs in players, etc. To lose the tactile sensation is to dehumanize . . .

As for Sainsburys stopping selling hard goods - I haven't received the email, despite buying quite a few steels and other stuff from them. It has to be a very silly move for them based on dodgy marketing advice no doubt.

Looking on the bright side, perhaps, with Sainsburys passing, HMV will once more step up to the plate and really pull their weight. Certainly there's some very competitively priced stuff in the shops right now, and I always liked buying from them online as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jitstark
I worry for the people who have just purchased from them. A1 mailers for steelbooks is not good. However, I hope you all get them mint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my X-Men 1+2 in the standard cardboard boxes mint and then After Earth in a A1 mailer but still mint, so all is good.

My 3 today came in the better packaging - same as in post #101 pic, much better protection than those A1 mailers :thumbs:

Got my three steel books today on the cardboard packaging was really worried they would be damaged especially as the steel books have sold out luckily none of them damaged thank god :).

Just picked up mine from the post office and thankfully all 7 of them are in top-notch condition! Like Snoo's, 6 of them were in the thick cardboard wraparounds and 1 was in an A1 mailer. Very happy! Can't complain at all. :D

Reactions: kalel
Ordered Lifeforce and Halloween for £6 today. Really good price for both of them, I had been waiting for a price drop for a while.
Didn't go for Elysium, Man of Steel or White House Down for £12. This might be the cheapest these ever go for, but I think I'll make do with the amaray.

Anyone know what's going to happen to sainsburys online stock now it has turned digital?

Anyone know what's going to happen to sainsburys online stock now it has turned digital?

They've been clearing most of it out for over a month anything left will likely go into their stores or be returned to the distributors or even be sold off in bulk to another retailer at a discount