Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still got my fingers firmly crossed in the hope that they manage to get more of these... although I imagine even if they do get replacements for the damaged ones, then they'll probably just put them back up on the site for anyone to buy, instead of honouring the original orders that were cancelled. Thank God for HDN too, otherwise we wouldn't even know about this problem, which would've been even more frustrating for those of us who've missed out.

I heard the other day that Game recently had a similar issue... a batch of a certain game edition (I believe it included a collectible Amiibo) was damaged during transit, and rather than just cancelling orders and leaving it at that, they actually reached out to customers themselves and offered them a standard version of the game and another gift (I forget what now) as an apology... that's how you do business!

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
possibly... unless amazon de gets an allotment for germany.

One can only hope, I need this for my Collection.

This particular Steelbook won't be released in Germany since Studio Canal don't hold the German distribution rights for this title.

In Germany, "Sleepy Hollow" is distributed by Constantin Film. Unfortunately, they release relatively few Steelbooks, so I can't imagine that a catalogue title such as this would be a priority for them.

I personally can't imagine all ends are not working on some kind of resolution, will post if there is any news.
I just keep thinking back to the incident with the Jack Reacher steelbook and how swiftly EntertainmentStore and Paramount managed to replace an entire run. This seems to be taking a lot longer and it's been over 2 months since they gave an update, which doesn't give me much hope. I'll try my best to stay positive though! :happy:

Hey guys no idea where to post....but looking to buy this steel...if anyone is selling please contact me ok

Hey guys no idea where to post....but looking to buy this steel...if anyone is selling please contact me ok

Hello and WELCOME to H.D.N :D.

I FEEL, AWFUL that I never said Hi to you :shy: in your AMAZING Museum standard display on your L.O.T.R collection :notworthy: .

I feel privileged that you took time to post here alowing for us all to shear in your treasures :drool:.

Also THANK YOU to your wife for nudging you to make the time and effot to show off all your hard work :thumbs: :notworthy: .

Anyway back on topic before I get told off :whistle:

Here is where you need flower :)https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...anyone-help-me-find-it-no-haves.6168/page-660

Follow the instructions in the op and you will be fine :D .

IF you need any help just use @ symbol then the user name you want . Make sure it goes blue or the tag wont work . Also it only works on the 1st 8 members you @. @Eti :woot:

Love Scary Hair :kiss: .

Hello and WELCOME to H.D.N :D.

I FEEL, AWFUL that I never said Hi to you :shy: in your AMAZING Museum standard display on your L.O.T.R collection :notworthy: .

I feel privileged that you took time to post here alowing for us all to shear in your treasures :drool:.

Also THANK YOU to your wife for nudging you to make the time and effot to show off all your hard work :thumbs: :notworthy: .

Anyway back on topic before I get told off :whistle:

Here is where you need flower :)https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...anyone-help-me-find-it-no-haves.6168/page-660

Follow the instructions in the op and you will be fine :D .

IF you need any help just use @ symbol then the user name you want . Make sure it goes blue or the tag wont work . Also it only works on the 1st 8 members you @. @Eti :woot:

Love Scary Hair :kiss: .

Love that comment lol

Your are very Welcome @Scary Hair it is a pleasure to share with you guys :) will share more do not worry :) thanks for the link will try there

Reactions: Scary Hair
Did we ever find out what's going on with this one?

I take it Zavvi have swept it under the rug and the chances of any comeback for a replacement copy have all been forgotten about.

This must be one of the harder to obtain Zavvi Exclusives now as a lot of copies never made it out due to defects or were returned in the hope of a replacement???

Reactions: Noodles and lolwut
I honestly can't see them getting any more stock and/or replacing the orders for those who suddenly had theirs cancelled... I was doubtful months ago, so I'm almost certain it won't happen now. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong though!

It's a damn shame that they're quick to pump out steelbooks for films hardly anyone's interested in, yet popular titles like this get "swept under the rug" as @BluSteel2012 so rightly put it.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I honestly can't see them getting any more stock and/or replacing the orders for those who suddenly had theirs cancelled... I was doubtful months ago, so I'm almost certain it won't happen now. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong though!

It's a damn shame that they're quick to pump out steelbooks for films hardly anyone's interested in, yet popular titles like this get "swept under the rug" as @BluSteel2012 so rightly put it.

I was fortunate to obtain a copy before they went OOP.

I never understood why Zavvi didn't insist that Studio Canal make good on the Steelbooks that arrived damaged. There was surely a contract in place for the delivery of 'x' amount of Steelbooks which could have been legally enforced.

I was fortunate to obtain a copy before they went OOP.

I never understood why Zavvi didn't insist that Studio Canal make good on the Steelbooks that arrived damaged. There was surely a contract in place for the delivery of 'x' amount of Steelbooks which could have been legally enforced.
Glad they honoured yours mate. I'm sure I pre-ordered mine months before release, yet it was still cancelled... they probably pulled names out of a hat or something lol.

Maybe Studio Canal refunded Zavvi, rather than getting more made... less hassle for them that way. I guess we'll never know for sure though... seems like it's case closed as far they care.

While I accept that damages do occur, wiping 500 off of the total is a significant amount, thus bringing the availability down to 1 in 1,500 opposed to 1 in 2,000. While this bodes well for those who were lucky enough to be top of Zavvi's shipping list (those who didn't use discount codes or who didn't have payment errors), one quarter of those who ordered ended up missing out and had their order cancelled without being apprised of the situation. I can only imagine how angry 500 people must be, especially when they see other people have been greedy and have purchased more than necessary!

Then again, more fool Zavvi / StudioCanal for under-estimating the popularity of this title, especially when they have a track record of over-estimating the vast majority of the poorer quality titles that they push out on a regular basis! Any other title and it wouldn't have mattered as Zavvi would be struggling to sell 50% of the allocation, but on this occasion they got caught with the rare occurrence of high demand and low stock availability!