Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed the price was a tad higher than the end game collector box. I think it’s to do with Sony though. Slightly different contents to the other 2 and even the beauty is in a slightly different format. But still very similar

It’s as if marvel said to Sony, we’re doing these now with zavvi. Here’s the format and a rough outline..... now design your own.

No standard blu ray option, only giving the 4K option? That’s greedy to say the least - there is absolutely a demand for standard blu ray steelbooks, they’re really taking advantage of collectors pulling this one.

Let’s just hope the HMV steelbook artwork is better...

The HMV steel does have the 4k, I see..... shame it didn’t include the 3d like past efforts. At £24.99, though, would rather pay that than an extra £50 for extras that don’t look that great anyway.

The HMV steel does have the 4k, I see..... shame it didn’t include the 3d like past efforts. At £24.99, though, would rather pay that than an extra £50 for extras that don’t look that great anyway.
Where does it say HMV Steelbook has 4K disc as it don't list it on HMV website

HMV listing only says Blu-ray Steelbook
2 Discs

Where does it say HMV Steelbook has 4K disc as it don't list it on HMV website

HMV listing only says Blu-ray Steelbook
2 Discs

Just spotted in the description "(includes hmv exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Box Set) ".

Unless it's an error, maybe Sony will have two different steelbooks like they did for Homecoming (HMV exclusive art and the other magnet steelbook). Although it does seems strange to have two 4k steelbooks, one at £33 and the other at £25.

Spiderman.jpg

Zavvi steelbook is a 3 disc release

3rd disc is a bonus extras disc

HMV Steelbook is 2 Disc
Blu-ray and Bonus Blu-ray extras disc

Just spotted in the description "(includes hmv exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Box Set) ".

Unless it's an error, maybe Sony will have two different steelbooks like they did for Homecoming (HMV exclusive art and the other magnet steelbook). Although it does seems strange to have two 4k steelbooks, one at £33 and the other at £25.

View attachment 436212
That's to do with the offer, not the steelbook itself. It's talking about other items.

I think.

Reactions: IamIroningMan

View attachment 436212
That's not listing discs included :LOL:

Pre-Order any Blu-ray edition* of Spider-Man: Far From Home and get Venom or Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on Blu-ray for only £6.99!
Includes hmv exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Box Set.

That above details relates if you order any edition of Spider-Man: Far From Home ( hmv exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Box Set) you can get Venom or Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on Blu-ray for only £6.99

HMV Steelbook is Blu-ray only
2 Discs
Blu-ray
Blu-ray bonus extras discs

That's to do with the offer, not the steelbook itself. It's talking about other items.

I think.

Ah that makes more sense now. Will be interesting to see if the artwork differs once it's announced. Just a shame there is no 3D option available in the UK (not even on amaray at the moment)

I expect HMV and Zavvi steelbook will be different artwork

There won't be a 3D release on Blu-ray in the UK unless Sony UK changes their decision which I expect they won't going by recent releases

There might be 3D release in some other european countries

Didn't Sony close down their disc manufacturing plant in the UK recently? Might explain why no 3D anymore.....?
UK distribution site in Enfield, England.
Sony announced the proposed closure
It's not happened yet

This is at proposal stage at present and the company will consult fully with the affected employees and their appointed employee representatives on the proposal, including ways in which to support employees and mitigate the impact of the proposal.

Does not affect Sony DADC distribution sites in Austria, Czech Republic and Spain
Most of Sony european Blu-ray/DVD/UHD/CD's releases are made in above sites

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012