Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Spider-Man: Far from Home

Tagline: A Gift. A Curse. A Destiny.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, J.B. Smoove, Michael Keaton, Numan Acar, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders

Release: 2019-07-05

Plot: Peter Parker is beset with troubles in his failing personal life as he battles a brilliant business man named Adrian Toomes and a magician named Quentin Beck.

Attachments

• tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9,256
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
Thoroughly enjoyed this :thanks: I think I liked this more than Homecoming
I thought they watered down Mysterio's character from what I was expecting from the comics.
Would have liked to have seen him made actual use of the Mysterio suit.
Felt like how Marvel previously dumbed down the whole Mandarin character, they did so again with Mysterio
There are 2 end credit scenes - make sure you stay for both. They are not trivial extras like some of those in past movies.
1st end credit scene leaves one hell of a cliffhanger for the next Spidey movie !
2nd end credit scene - possible interesting setup for the next Capt. Marvel movie ?

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Saw it tonight! Loved it!

defo stay for the mid and post credit scenes as they are important :thumbs:

I don't think the credit scenes have ever been more crucial to watch in a MCU film before... Right? Like they completely change things up moving forward and should really be considered part of the film.

and I don't know how to talk about the movie without spoilers so...
Mysterio was done perfectly. I was wondering how you do a character like this justice in Live Action. But they really pulled it off. Some really creative stuff!
I never bought that he was a good guy. My wife did tho. She didn't see the twist coming. (She had no idea who Mysterio was or that he was a villain in the comics).

Its not a perfect movie tho. There are some scenes that could have been cut (or re-worked) and other scenes that were actually cut from the film that were in the trailer (like the fight scene in the restaurant and then he chats with the cops after) I would have liked to have seen in it! Like WHY CUT THAT!?

BUT its still a fun movie that i thought was really great.

NOW lets talk about those END CREDITS SCENES.
1A. JJ!!!!! WHAT!!! and they cast JK!?
1B. Where do they go from here!? This actually made me a little angry because the MCU hates its secret identities... and they just exposed to the world its only one? WHY!?
2. I pretty much have to go watch the film over again because this changes everything. Every line of dialogue Fury and Hill speak. This also gives me way more hope that they are setting up "Avengers: Secret Invasion"!??

What did everyone else think!?

I had mixed opinions on the film

Good
Tom Holland and Zendaya's chemistry together just melts the heart :drool:
The scenes where Peter is struggling to live up to being the next Ironman/not having Tony around and then the suit making scene on the plane where he truly does become the new Ironman also all really get you in the feels

Bad
Mysterio's origin story is basically the same as The Vultures in Homecoming - someone disgruntled or done wrong by Tony Stark looking to use his tech for wrongdoings. Talking of things that were already done in Homecoming...
As much as I loved Holland and Zendaya's romance its somewhat cheapened when you remember a lot of the previous film was spent focusing on the romance between Peter and Liz

Post Credit Scenes
Seen a lot call them the best in the MCU to date but not for me. Ok JK Simons coming back as Jameson was a nice touch and yeah it's intriguing to see where things go from here but for someone who's more interested at this point in time to know where the long term future of the MCU is headed this was very much a short term tease something that I'd imagine will be resolved fairly quickly in the next film whereas you take Thanos' reveal in the original Avengers film, that set up years of storytelling culminating in the last two Avengers films so yeah not wowed tbh

TL;DR
I liked it but felt too many plot points were too similar to Homecoming

Saw it tonight! Loved it!

I don't think the credit scenes have ever been more crucial to watch in a MCU film before... Right? Like they completely change things up moving forward and should really be considered part of the film.

and I don't know how to talk about the movie without spoilers so...
Mysterio was done perfectly. I was wondering how you do a character like this justice in Live Action. But they really pulled it off. Some really creative stuff!
I never bought that he was a good guy. My wife did tho. She didn't see the twist coming. (She had no idea who Mysterio was or that he was a villain in the comics).

Its not a perfect movie tho. There are some scenes that could have been cut (or re-worked) and other scenes that were actually cut from the film that were in the trailer (like the fight scene in the restaurant and then he chats with the cops after) I would have liked to have seen in it! Like WHY CUT THAT!?

BUT its still a fun movie that i thought was really great.

NOW lets talk about those END CREDITS SCENES.
1A. JJ!!!!! WHAT!!! and they cast JK!?
1B. Where do they go from here!? This actually made me a little angry because the MCU hates its secret identities... and they just exposed to the world its only one? WHY!?
2. I pretty much have to go watch the film over again because this changes everything. Every line of dialogue Fury and Hill speak. This also gives me way more hope that they are setting up "Avengers: Secret Invasion"!??

What did everyone else think!?
I almost freaked out when I saw JK!!! WoW!!!! That's how you please fans!

Kree/Skrull war? That's now 100% sure with "slepping cell on Earth…"

Also, when Peter Parker builds his suit in the plane "à-la-Tony-Stark" crushed me!

• Thanks
Reactions: Uraki and kaw