Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 4, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £30

91SXGHVr-JL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Thanks @samdavies for the heads-up

Last edited:
getting mine in a few days, hopeful its not totally destroyed. i added gift wrap at checkout for some more padding but later saw it "wasn't eligible for gift wrapping" for some reason. the mailer it's in doesn't look banged up in the photo.

Amazon UK/DE/IT does that as standard for all my orders except bigger orders. Even for the biggers they do not use bubble wrap. Limited collectibles through them are one big nightmare. Still they got good return policy for those issues.

Yeah. Nothing new. Standard procedure.
Like you said, only time i got it in a literal box is when i ordered like 7-8 steelbooks.

Yeah. Nothing new. Standard procedure.
Like you said, only time i got it in a literal box is when i ordered like 7-8 steelbooks.
I don’t recall ever ordering just one steelbook from a European Amazon. I usually buy several to increase the odds of a box. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Plus, I always go for the DHL delivery option so at least shipping only takes a day or two. But that wasn’t even available this time.

I don’t recall ever ordering just one steelbook from a European Amazon. I usually buy several to increase the odds of a box. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Plus, I always go for the DHL delivery option so at least shipping only takes a day or two. But that wasn’t even available this time.

I do that, cause i just put preorder up as soon as it's avaliable and just cancel it later down the road.
I always got in in that cardboard, even if i ordered like 3 of them. Am just not bothered anymore with this. But from all - Smazon.It is the worst regarding steelbooks arriving damaged...

Reactions: JGCramp
I do that, cause i just put preorder up as soon as it's avaliable and just cancel it later down the road.
I always got in in that cardboard, even if i ordered like 3 of them. Am just not bothered anymore with this. But from all - Smazon.It is the worst regarding steelbooks arriving damaged...
Yeah, same here. I’m not really bothered too much. I laughed when I saw the envelope. I’ll just get my refund and move on to the next damaged one.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I wonder do they remove damaged ones - the ones buyers return or do they "recycle" them until someone isn't bothered by it and are sold?

Amazon UK/DE/IT does that as standard for all my orders except bigger orders. Even for the biggers they do not use bubble wrap. Limited collectibles through them are one big nightmare. Still they got good return policy for those issues.
The worst thing about this: Amazon USA are even worse in terms of packaging. :ugh:

I wonder do they remove damaged ones - the ones buyers return or do they "recycle" them until someone isn't bothered by it and are sold?
You can buy those from amazon under option used with label (vey good, cosmetic damage etc...). Usually for 10-50% discount.
And sometimes they are just sold again as new. Some of those copies e.g. can be identified by their unique returns barcode sticker they come with. Mixture of both (Warehouse Deals and new).

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Yeah, same here. I’m not really bothered too much. I laughed when I saw the envelope. I’ll just get my refund and move on to the next damaged one.

Is it a cardboard envelope or is it more like a paper bag material made into an envelope?

I decided to not bother returning it since it's sold out. But did complain to Amazon about the damage (haven't heard back yet). I ended up attempting some repair work to fix it up as best I could. It came out better than I expected. This was a pretty nasty edge dent that left the steelbook with a banana shape. The picture for some reason makes it look better than it was in person. Wasn't sure I could fix it, but I'm not unhappy with the results. It still doesn't close completely flush at the bottom, but I can't really see a banana shape anymore. So, it's close enough to perfectly straight to not bother me. I mostly got out all the other dents (thankfully no smashed corners). These days I suppose it's the best I can ask for, so I can live with it.

IMG_3868.jpg IMG_3872.jpg