Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These two points you made are irrelevant to what we're talking about.

I was saying we don't have a choice in availing of the RC. So the select few have an unfair advantage. That's all.

I'm not sure what Novas perk has to do with that. And I've never once seen any Asian steelbook completely sell out domestically before it goes live to the rest of the world. There was always an allocation. Even it was very small. Not to mention you can use GB's for those anyway, so at least you had some chance......

There's an idea, why don't we get an RC member to host a GB??!!!

They’re not irrelevant at all. My point is they can do what they want. VIP programs, perks, discounts, early access, rare items. Regardless of the company, website, customer base etc. (I don’t just mean steel retailers hence that previous message). They can all do what they want.

Reactions: Stygian
I didn't understand earlier what you meant but now I finally do. By doing these restocks before release day they are still
pre-orders which means that RC members can't get their 10% discount on "in stock" items like they would if the re-stock was after the release date. So yeah that sucks.

On top of that they are using this ploy to try and convince people to buy the RC membership for this reason.

Yeah When they did it with endgame I thought it was a little odd but maybe because the release was held back a week they screwed up on their end and the remaining stock was always going back up that Thursday. Again, they can do what they want, and it’s clever in a way because they knew it would sell out like these and no one uses codes.

Just not their usual pattern. They are evolving LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
These companies don't seem to have any interest in making it fair they just want to get rid asap. They could go 1 per person on release to try make sure that everybody who wants one gets one and then after 3 weeks take the limit off.

I’m surprised this is still available. Empire and return have sold out now but they lasted longer than I thought. They must of cancelled so many bulk orders

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Shark and DMD4k
I just don't understand how this is still in stock?
How many of each of these were made 4,000, 8000, 10? did all episodes get the same print run?
Zavvi is great at making customers think something is sold out to create demand.

I'm reading between the lines: So can anyone confirm that due to the stink of V that they cancelled their copy of IV but kept their copy of V+VI, this makes no sense at all?
or the print run of IV eclypses V and VI as it's the original and it's so good?

FYI: Land of confusion

• Haha
Reactions: BluCrazy2 and DMD4k