luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
This on a steelbook and I would actually care:

6410893.jpg

Amen! The original cinema poster artworks are iconic, I would have bought all six of these if they'd had the poster art, it's so nostalgic, and the art would be the reason I bought the steelbooks, as it summons an emotive response.

With the art revealed the response is just 'already got those movies, why buy em all again?'

That and the unbalanced covers taking note that Yoda is the only one there as part of the Rebels. All the others are part of the Empire. Silly.

is it me or do the facebook pics look like matte and also cannot see any embossing or gloss either, is it possible it just american ones that will be gloss and embossed as info proved by wreck.

@Wreck will the american ones be same world wide can you clear it up at all????

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

It's a strange choice having Yoda on AotC when all the others are villains.

Personally, if I was sticking to that theme I would have done...

I - Darth Maul
II - Clone Trooper
III - General Grevious
IV - Darth Vader
V- Boba Fett
VI - The Emperor

Obviously theatrical poster art would be my preferred option.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
is it me or do the facebook pics look like matte and also cannot see any embossing or gloss either, is it possible it just american ones that will be gloss and embossed as info proved by wreck.

many thanks

Gloss is essential on black artwork, otherwise it just looks dull.

I can't see the point on embossing these though, all you'll get is a raised Star Wars logo. I'd rather it was de-bossed if Fox feel they have to do something with it. Good quality flat steelbooks can still look fantastic.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy

many thanks
Not embossed, but debossed:
All gloss. Debossed title treatment.

According to ..... The Force! Or HDN

Sorry in advance if this has been discussed already, but what about the back art? Possible heroes on the back? Or the the original poster art (doubtful though)? I quite like them although if bloody jar jar binks turns up on any of them, I will post a YouTube video of me smashing the steelbook with a hammer!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438845964.089448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438846021.593628.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438846064.496480.jpg

If this wave was the original versions then yes I totally agree that they should use the original posters to represent that but we all know these will be the b@st@rdised versions

Being a big Star Wars geek my heart is telling me to buy these but my head is telling me not to as I already have the bluray box set. I really don't need the same films again.