luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no real confirmation about extras on these new steels but the statement regarding them online says

"...The good news for those of you who don’t need to own these new collectible covers is that the Blu-rays don’t feature any new special features which means you won’t have to repurchase the films. Here is the official Star Wars steelbook press release:(a bit of it)

Each Film Presented in Unique, Collectible Character Steelbook Packaging available November 10th
.... In addition to the collectible steelbook packaging, each single disc Blu-ray includes existing audio commentary with George Lucas and the film crew as well as audio commentary from archival interviews with the cast and crew..."

I'm hoping amazon do them for £12.99 or cheaper. Prob won't happen tho

I think when films have been released so many times, it takes them to be pretty special and pretty cheap to make people jump and purchase. I mean who doesn't own Star Wars??

Even with the discount code that's £19.50 a piece. Nice of Zavvi to deduct £2 off when buying the whole set...

The boxset and trilogy Steelbooks remain the ultimate editions IMO.

There is no real confirmation about extras on these new steels but the statement regarding them online says

"...The good news for those of you who don’t need to own these new collectible covers is that the Blu-rays don’t feature any new special features which means you won’t have to repurchase the films. Here is the official Star Wars steelbook press release:(a bit of it)

Each Film Presented in Unique, Collectible Character Steelbook Packaging available November 10th
.... In addition to the collectible steelbook packaging, each single disc Blu-ray includes existing audio commentary with George Lucas and the film crew as well as audio commentary from archival interviews with the cast and crew..."
There the same Discs as before with only extra been audio commentary
Same Film Discs that were in the trilogy steelbooks and the same Film Discs that are in the Star Wars Complete Saga Box Sets
Blu-ray Discs 1-6 are the Films Discs

Its always been the case that the 3 Extras Discs (Discs 7/8/9) only come with Star Wars Complete Saga Box Sets

As I already have the Star Wars Complete Saga Box Set I already have the 3 Blu-ray extras discs

I also have both trilogy steelbooks

As a fan of star wars
I have ordered all 6 individual steelbooks
For me its not about the discs its the steelbooks themselves that interest me

Last edited:
Reactions: Geek Tragedy
The back looks amazing

I wish they swapped them round

Oh and I'm not sure about the cover of the third film and the fifth

Evil looking Anakin should have been on Revenge of the Sith while Boba Fett should have been on Empire Strikes Back.

Having Evil Anakin on the third film then having Darth Vader on the fourth would have been great to see his transformation

Happy to see that they used the Poster images, but why on the back and not on the front. Anyway what is up with this carzy price? Yesterday they listed them with somethinf of 24 Euro now we are up to 31 EUro that is almost as much as I paid for the Trilogy Steelbooks which were 36 Euro when they came out. I hope the German release is much cheaper. I still want the UK release because of the Original Titles but not at this price.

Ordered them in 2 batches of 3 with the VB10OFF to make them £19.79 each. I do hope Amazon get them at a similar price, then my order goes with them.

Why the hell does everyone want Fett on Empire Strikes Back? He was in the film for maybe five minutes total tops. The movie is called The EMPIRE Strikes back!!! What other characters are the face of THE EMPIRE more than Stormtroopers?!? It's not the Bounty Hunters Strike Back. I'll never understand the over the top unearned love for Fett.

well goto to be honest at that price they can poke it up the bottom orfice side wise.
will wait see what amazon price come up with if not somewhere like best buy or other edition in the world will be cheaper, another case of zavvi milking the cash cow again.

basil :thumbs: