Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to get all my steels on Saturday from Zavvi now Royal Snail are more like Monday, Tuesday , they need some competition in UK delivering standard mail the service would soon be improved

I used to get all my steels on Saturday from Zavvi now Royal Snail are more like Monday, Tuesday , they need some competition in UK delivering standard mail the service would soon be improved

Not like a pandemic is still ongoing or anything...
Besides, release date is Monday. If it arrived any earlier, just think of that as a bonus.
As said earlier in the thread, some people are waiting on A New Hope to arrive.
At least we still have a postal service that isn’t being hacked to pieces by its own government. Your steelbook will arrive soon.

My deliveries from zavvi seemed to have dropped of a cliff. I used to get them within a few days now it's over a week before I get anything once I receive the email of dispatch.... and that was even before the pandemic....

Not sure if my postman has been yet, but deliveries have been better than usual recently.

Monday releases used to turn up around wed/Thurs for me but last few have been on Saturday.

Zavvi need to introduce tracking. I don't mind waiting longer, or paying more, as long as I know it's on the way. The annoying thing, is not knowing if it was lost, damaged, or returned and then having to wait to finally tell them something hasn't turned up.

no ones seems to have got it today not like last week when zavvi said dispacted on friday then arrived on saturday,
from what ive seen just because zavvi says dispatched that dont mean ****, might of been before or even today,

Zavvi saying dispatched never guaranteed any kind of delivery the day after or before the release date. There have been items where it's been dispatched a week before anyone seen a copy turn up...
It would have been nice for someone to have received this gem of a release early, however, it seems the surprise will now be Monday :thumbs:

Royal Snail eh,well that's original.
Pandemic,backlog of letters,parcels ?
If only you could have been there in our depot during the last 4-5 months,horrendous.
Going in on early sorting at 4:30 in the morning when you don't start till 7 and then your getting out at 10 and getting home at 5,brill.
As for some competition delivering mail there are companies who got certain contracts and then they pay Royal Mail to deliver it.
Would you prefer all your steelbooks to be delivered by Hermes ?

If only you could have been there in our depot during the last 4-5 months,horrendous.
Going in on early sorting at 4:30 in the morning when you don't start till 7 and then your getting out at 10 and getting home at 5,brill.
As for some competition delivering mail there are companies who got certain contracts and then they pay Royal Mail to deliver it.
You didn't get paid for those hours?

Reactions: karl01
Yeah you get paid but then you get home and next thing you know your getting up for work and by the end of the week your like a zombie and weekends have been a write off.
Did 15 weeks straight on the 4:30 starts until i was crawling to work so they let me start at my normal time for 1 week,so nice of them:whistle:

Its not a dig at you mate, its the company in general, it is a poor service, I would love some competition for Royal Mail, competition brings better services more competitive prices.

Its not a dig at you mate, its the company in general, it is a poor service, I would love some competition for Royal Mail, competition brings better services more competitive prices.
When i was working in a different part of the Royal Mail group i used to call them allsorts but when i transfered to deliveries i quickly realised just how hard everybody in our depot worked.
I can't speak for all of Royal Mail and i get it yeah there is poor service is some areas and it depends on if you get someone on your route who can be arsed doing the duty,I've seen it plenty of times.
As for competition i would welcome it.
I know you weren't having a dig at me mate it's just annoying when you work your balls off especially at the moment when a lot of people where i deliver are treating this current situation like a holiday and then because your not getting to their house at a time that you usually would they go and say "Your late today aren't you "
And I’m talking like 10 mins !
Royal Mail rant over :wtf: