Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi sent an email to all customers who had pre ordered about the disc will be sent
I posted a copy of that email I got from Zavvi in the wicker man thread
It was sent in batches
Customers got delivery at different times
I did contact zavvi myselft back then asking when will I get delivery
By doing that I ended up getting the replacement disc sent twice :rofl:

StudioCanal had already shipped my replacement before I contacted Zavvi without me knowing
I got delivery 2 days later it had shipping date on parcel before I contacted Zavvi
By contacting Zavvi askng where is my disc that resulted in me get a second replacement disc a few weeks later from StudioCanal :LOL:

I contacted them too at the time but I only got 1 disc sent to me LOL

anyway, regardless of studio etc that was the only time I can think that Zavvi and the said studio (studiocanal in that instance) sorted something like this out in a bigger scale. Okay this is different with damage instead of a missing item but there does seem a lot affected by this. I’d even say close to 90% Maybe more with the amount saying it on here and Twitter with an extremely small amount saying theirs is fine. Think I’ve seen 2/3 comments say theirs is fine

The last time there were scratches on a Zavvi steelbook that I recall was Sleepy Hollow. And all they did was pull it and refund people if I remember correctly.
That strategy would work wonders here: I have episodes I-IV and VI to IX, plus Rogue 1 and Solo, what a collection, shame they withdrawn V :naughty:
Would be a Disney FU Star Wars gesture that.

I remember back in the day Entertainment Store released Rack Reacher their first exclusive they managed to persuade Paramount into doing a reprint.

So if a little market place seller on play.com can arrange a reprint then there's no excuse for zavvi/Disney not doing the same.

Last major reprint was JACK REACHER, if I remember correctly, sold as an Entertainment Store exclusive here in the UK but that was a small print run of 500 + 500 replacements compared to THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK which is 3,500 reportedly . . . the Reacher manufacturing defect was a single faint vertical line as seen here ...
1596474557748.png

... while ESB is far more serious and deserving of a reprint as tbh not over the moon paying 30 notes for a scratched steelbook.

The difference in vibrancy between an official cover and a magnet in that photo says something about why I'm no longer getting this series. :)

By the way, does anyone know anyone who makes depth lentis? I know there are a lot of people who do non-lenti magnets or transition lentis, but I'd love to find a source for good-quality custom 3D lenticulars.

Oh so those magnets are actually metal?
So it’s like a extra thin layer of steelbook?

interesting, didn’t realise that. Might consider it in the future