Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney would have got delivery of the steelbooks from Scanavo then put the discs inside added the Jcard and shrink wrapped and then shipped to Zavvi.

It would have been Scanavo and Disney doing spot checks of the steelbook if been done at all.

Retailers often don't know about issues until customers tell them or the distributor has told the retailer before been shipped to them.

Its likely scanavo did not notice the scratches or did not inform Disney

I'm rather dubious as to the manufacturer not picking up these flaws. They were present on my A New Hope SteelBook and widely present on Empire. Makes me worry for the rest of the run as presumably some are already printed, since whatever processing machinery is leaving marks is getting progressively worse. If Scanavo or whoever produced the cases don't perform QC on their products, that is absolutely shocking.

If this whole series has these flaws there could be mass cancellations of the whole set. I’m certainly not spending £300 odd on a set of slashed up steelbooks. Zavvi must have projected strong sales off this range and that would leave a big hole in their balance sheet, so it is rather incumbent on them to get to the bottom of this, regardless of whose actual fault it is. Will be interesting to see whether ROJ has any flaws - I guess that will be the decider for many people.

Do you think we must need to receive the steelbook before to send a message to Zavvi ? We know pretty much all the steels have scratches.
So what we should do with Zavvi to ask a reprint for the whole set (maybe 3000 unit) ?
In France, some customers already received their steelbook with scratches.

Do you think we must need to receive the steelbook before to send a message to Zavvi ? We know pretty much all the steels have scratches.
So what we should do with Zavvi to ask a reprint for the whole set (maybe 3000 unit) ?
In France, some customers already received their steelbook with scratches.
Dear Zavvi,

I think the steelbook that I haven't yet received will be damaged when it arrives. Could you please send a full refund and a replacement steelbook with the art that I want (see attachment)?

Thank you.

Everyone will be getting the same Copy/Paste response for a while which is why I haven't bothered contacting them!
View attachment 480685

Same. I'll contact them in about a week and half once all this has died down. Plus the thread is getting a bit boring now on the “who to blame” chat

All I know, is the damage is not Zavvis fault. However, I bought the item from them therefore that’s who I complain to. It’s simple

I’m up for blaming Disney Marketing dept. Specifically whoever approved the artwork, if that person had done their job properly then there would have been no need for the manufacturer, distributor and the retailer to conspire together to ensure that all copies were damaged ;)

Reactions: Leafs17
I’m up for blaming Disney Marketing dept. Specifically whoever approved the artwork, if that person had done their job properly then there would have been no need for the manufacturer, distributor and the retailer to conspire together to ensure that all copies were damaged ;)

I think it's not really important who is to blame, but more important, what is zavvi gonna do about it.

I think you should contact them, so they know you're one of the people they have to contact when they have a solution. Good for them to know how many reprints they have to order. ;)