Star Wars merchandise event here

11216153-1764371078453306.jpg 11216153-5174371078496032.jpg

How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we need pages and pages of people saying they don't like it and whichever of the many other releases they are going to buy. This thread is for the zavvi exclusive

I quite like the art tbh, I just don't understand the title less spine?! Especially when they've set a certain dark sided tone, I'd rather a title and a second steelbook with Finn & Rey
Reason for the title less spine is all European and Asia releases are made in scanavo europe plant so its cheaper than having to do separate releases for each country and is why they being doing this with the marvel releases
1 steelbook with same artwork design
Jcard or full slip or lenti are made by different companies and not scanavo

I personally would prefer if Disney put the English title on the front and spine with the European/Asia Disney releases
The Jcard is there to have different language difference and in my opinion is all that's needed

Even though English might not be the language of some European and Asia countries they know its called Star Wars The Force Awakens

Reason for the title less spine is all European and Asia releases are made in scanavo europe plant so its cheaper than having to do separate releases for each country and is why they being doing this with the marvel releases
1 steelbook with same artwork design
Jcard or full slip or lenti are made by different companies and not scanavo

I personally would prefer if Disney put the English title on the front and spine with the European/Asia Disney releases
The Jcard is there to have different language difference and in my opinion is all that's needed

Even though English might not be the language of some European and Asia countries they know its called Star Wars The Force Awakens

Don't worry mate, I know about Disney and there practices just wishful thinking I guess! No worries anyways I want the title on the spine so I've joined the GB

Reactions: paulboland
well it happened again lol
order cancelled off to GB I go good job america speaks english and gets a title do not see why zavvi can't get disney to supply them with the american version and let rest of europe have silly faces????

anyway just saw this below on u tube to cheer ever one up :D:D:D:D:D

best buy one is also 3 disc pic below

786936849912;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: DrH
....... I think I am going to puke! Seriously, F*** YOU Disney. Way to ruin every damn steelbook.

Seriously! Can we do a massive petition to Disney and tell them how much we despise this crap with no title and spineheads? I mean, its pretty much us these steels are for so they should listen...

Thats a really friggin lame excuse by their part, like its ever going to cost them anything? Bullshit :/ They can handle it like any other asian retailer and have the title on a slip, like they already have, just like you said.

Last edited:
No 3D no purchase
3D releases will be later in 2016
Disney have said yes there will be a 3D release but not till later in the year

I would take a guess it will be Aug-Dec for Christmas and would fit in with
Rouge One as this is scheduled for Dec Cinema release

Seriously! Can we do a massive petition to Disney and tell them how much we despise this crap with no title and spineheads? I mean, its pretty much us these steels are for so they should listen...

This is one area that I feel HDN is seriously failing.

As a community there should be some way for us to pull together and put forward our collective opinion about things like this. As it is how are we supposed to protest against this sort of crap? Personally I feel completely and utterly powerless to stand up against cynical commercial practices of people like Disney. I sent twitter messages of complaint yesterday about both the lack of a 3D version AND the now standard practice of title-less steelbooks. You know what effect that will have? Absolutely NOTHING.

I agree with @dLux, there ought to be some sort of petition to give them food for thought as I'm sick and tired of being screwed over so that big companies can squeeze a few extra pennies of profit out of us. Nothing will happen though, as usual :rolleyes:.

Can't say as I wasn't expecting titleless and 'that' spine it's what they do although squeezing every penny out of something that has made them more profit than most small countries do is a bit of a pi$$ take :hilarious:

...aaaaand I'm out.

What I find most distressing about the lack of spine titles is IMO it kind of defeats the purpose of making a steelbook in the first place. These items are intended as something special for collectors, not for the average consumer (who'll just buy the amaray if anything). In a way they're premium products, therefore why do the designers think potential buyers will be happy for them to cut corners in manufacturing by removing the title? So dumb.

Also, just want to add the lack of 'full-fat' versions of physical media on initial release is a betrayal to consumers. In a market that is already waning in the face of digital media/streaming, shady business practices like this - which force those who want the best available version to double/triple dip - are incredibly devious.

Last edited:
Made up my mind.
I want the 3d disc and am only willing to double dip when it involves an amazing and perfect steelbook.

Well, here we have a steelbook with just the 2d disc, average art, no titles, such a fugly spine it hurts the eyes, and on top of that it is an expensive steel at €33,-

So in this case I am just going to wait till the 3d release. Sucks, but I refuse to give a company more money because that is exactly what they are after with these practices.

If Film Arena do a collection release it would be the same as the UK steelbook as it would be from Disney Europe

You be waiting a good while for a Blufans release if they planning on doing a WEA release
If they planning a release soon it would be the same as the UK steelbook and other Asia releases

I expect there will be a NovaMedia release if they doing one but again it will be the same as the UK steelbook but come with a lenti or full slip and most likely usual clear slip with title on front and spine

No, I meant actually wait for the Blufans OAB and FAC versions. They announced they are releasing Star Wars 7. It will still be better than buying this version as we will have more artwork in the form of a slipbox, art cards etc. It's all eye candy to look at at the end of the day.