Star Wars merchandise event here

11216153-1764371078453306.jpg 11216153-5174371078496032.jpg

How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
....... I think I am going to puke! Seriously, F*** YOU Disney. Way to ruin every damn steelbook.

Seriously! Can we do a massive petition to Disney and tell them how much we despise this crap with no title and spineheads? I mean, its pretty much us these steels are for so they should listen...

Thats a really friggin lame excuse by their part, like its ever going to cost them anything? Bullshit :/ They can handle it like any other asian retailer and have the title on a slip, like they already have, just like you said.

This is one area that I feel HDN is seriously failing.

As a community there should be some way for us to pull together and put forward our collective opinion about things like this. As it is how are we supposed to protest against this sort of crap? Personally I feel completely and utterly powerless to stand up against cynical commercial practices of people like Disney. I sent twitter messages of complaint yesterday about both the lack of a 3D version AND the now standard practice of title-less steelbooks. You know what effect that will have? Absolutely NOTHING.

I agree with @dLux, there ought to be some sort of petition to give them food for thought as I'm sick and tired of being screwed over so that big companies can squeeze a few extra pennies of profit out of us. Nothing will happen though, as usual :rolleyes:.

taking the heat out of this situtation looking forward, @Wreck is this not something hdn would be willing to speak with zavvi and euro disney at the least could this not be spoken about???
e.g. america release has a title on it could not disney just order some more going with future releases for the uk and give uk the the releases to the english speaking amongest us a title on a spine because at the moment just seems zavvi are told by disney this is what we got take it or leave and because on bigger release's they sell out but this is just a vicious circle.
think we need hdn to try give some help here and help create a soloution and show hdn can help as a community, not saying that hdn doesn't do good maybe we could try push to get what the majority really wants as said this is supposed to be a premium product and get the general feeling disney is trying to do on a shoe string but disney america just caters for american speaking english, it would be so simple to do a slightly bigger run and feed the uk with the extra steels no?
surely you can see where we are all coming from we just want some sort of improvement on the status quo?

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

Why is Kylo's blade just a red line ... where is the cross so it looks like a medieval sword. At the moment it looks like he's holding Darth Mauls saber.

All they had to do is put a debossed Star Wars on the front and struzans art on the back and it would of matched the others.

These studios delibarately do this so we double, triple, quadruple dip.

taking the heat out of this situtation looking forward, @Wreck is this not something hdn would be willing to speak with zavvi and euro disney at the least could this not be spoken about???
e.g. america release has a title on it could not disney just order some more going with future releases for the uk and give uk the the releases to the english speaking amongest us a title on a spine because at the moment just seems zavvi are told by disney this is what we got take it or leave and because on bigger release's they sell out but this is just a vicious circle.
think we need hdn to try give some help here and help create a soloution and show hdn can help as a community, not saying that hdn doesn't do good maybe we could try push to get what the majority really wants as said this is supposed to be a premium product and get the general feeling disney is trying to do on a shoe string but disney america just caters for american speaking english, it would be so simple to do a slightly bigger run and feed the uk with the extra steels no?
surely you can see where we are all coming from we just want some sort of improvement on the status quo?

many thanks
Plus it could be send to more than just the UK. Because as far as I know only the big European countries (Germany, France, Italy and Spain) use dubbing. I believe most of the smaller countries like the Scandinavian ones, The Netherlands (for sure) just use the original English language with subs. So as a Dutchman I just want the English title because that's how we watch and know the Hollywood movies here anyway, English audio and just with the Dutch subs, never any dubbing except for kid movies.

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Well the ZAVVI Censorship operation is well underway, anyone who visited their listing will notice they removed ALL the bad reviews complaining about the steelbook, their were 22 this morning, now there are 5, with one complaining of the deleted reviews.

I don't know what's worse, the poor (but not unexpected) steelbook artwork or the Zavvi censorship operation (expected).

Personally, in reference to the steelbook, it's the lack of 3D that concerns me most, the whole marketing of this release stinks, so I HAVE cancelled my steelbook order, not paying £25 (22.50 is with 10% discount), will probable order the standard amaray to tide me over to the inevitable 3D steelbook rip off later in the year.

The butthurt runs strong in my family...:happy:

I've cancelled this and decided to jump on the GB for the US version with a spine title

Feel a bit sorry for Zavvi as I don't think they had a say in the design.

Although I do worry that Zavvi need to look at doing things with there steelbooks that set themselves apart from the competition as its not difficult (thanks I part to great sites like HDN) to source alternative copies outside of the U.K.

What a bummer. Hey ho, if its not got a spine title and doesnt match the rest then i may as well buy the standard Amary at £5 cheaper.

Cancelled.

Was never a huge fan of either steelbook design if I'm honest.

Like some others on here the 3D is the major sticking point with me also. It's an insult that they're making us wait for that. Just so they can milk the cash cow.

But, wait I must. This film will be EVERYWHERE eventually. Heck, I might just pick up a cheap copy from CEX to tide me over until the 3D version is released :/

Reactions: harry
Well the ZAVVI Censorship operation is well underway, anyone who visited their listing will notice they removed ALL the bad reviews complaining about the steelbook, their were 22 this morning, now there are 5, with one complaining of the deleted reviews.

I don't know what's worse, the poor (but not unexpected) steelbook artwork or the Zavvi censorship operation (expected).

Personally, in reference to the steelbook, it's the lack of 3D that concerns me most, the whole marketing of this release stinks, so I HAVE cancelled my steelbook order, not paying £25 (22.50 is with 10% discount), will probable order the standard amaray to tide me over to the inevitable 3D steelbook rip off later in the year.

The butthurt runs strong in my family...:happy:
I wouldn't expect any better from Zavvi to be honest... now I'm tempted to cancel my order just because of their downright rudeness. I do love how they kept the feedback from the maniac who called out those leaving negative feedback and also keeps referring to the steelbook/film as being "WIZARD". :wacky::LOL:

I wouldn't expect any better from Zavvi to be honest... now I'm tempted to cancel my order just because of their downright rudeness. I do love how they kept the feedback from the maniac who called out those leaving negative feedback and also keeps referring to the steelbook/film as being "WIZARD". :wacky::LOL:

He/she even says just buy it and then get a normal spine!!
Wtf!

I know everyone has their slang and own words but "wizzard" to describe something good or great lol
Merlin has been smoking some Shiz!

Reactions: Noodles
He/she even says just buy it and then get a normal spine!!
Wtf!

I know everyone has their slang and own words but "wizzard" to describe something good or great lol
Merlin has been smoking some Shiz!
I couldn't tell if they were being serious or not... I've never heard such a ridiculous term being used to describe something lol. I'm tempted to report it for being misleading... the film isn't Harry Potter! "You're not a wizard, Kylo" :p

Reactions: Flloydo
Feel a bit sorry for Zavvi as I don't think they had a say in the design.

Although I do worry that Zavvi need to look at doing things with there steelbooks that set themselves apart from the competition as its not difficult (thanks I part to great sites like HDN) to source alternative copies outside of the U.K.

Just feel nothing, like they do

Reactions: Danzigg1979
I think the only way to get Disney to listen is by all of us who are not happy with the lack of spine is to just not buy it! If enough people stop buying the ones with no title and only buy the ones with them (I.e. Best Buy version) then they will get the message. In my opinion this would have a much bigger effect than any petition.

I think the only way to get Disney to listen is by all of us who are not happy with the lack of spine is to just not buy it! If enough people stop buying the ones with no title and only buy the ones with them (I.e. Best Buy version) then they will get the message. In my opinion this would have a much bigger effect than any petition.

This is a hypocritical post.

You're still supporting Disney by buying the Best Buy one. So they don't really give two sh1ts!!

It's like robbing Peter to pay Paul!!

Reactions: steelbobawny
There is another group we can look at a bit angry for this stupid mess, and that's the Germans, French, Italians and Spanish who use this dumb dubbing and also change the English title to their own language. That is the reason Disney even does this title-less stuff.

Come on guys! Just watch it in English and use subs... That's the way us Dutchies do it.
Isn't it plain stupid anyway to go see a Hollywood star and not even hear his own voice but some random German/French etc. guy who dubbed it? Not to mention the lip movement that won't be in sync with what's being said.

Without the stupid dubbing and titles in other languages the rest of Europe wouldn't be stuck with title-less steelbooks. So yeah, actually I blame the German/French/Italian and Spanish for this, even more than Disney, as Disney just looks at what will make them most money. Which is logical for a company.

well just put my review up and signed off with

#HDN Ninjas Not Happy

we will see what happens if they delete or remove it, i'll be done with zavvi.
People should have freedom of speech without sensorship

Isn't it plain stupid anyway to go see a Hollywood star and not even hear his own voice but some random German/French etc. guy who dubbed it? Not to mention the lip movement that won't be in sync with what's being said.
Without the stupid dubbing and titles in other languages we wouldn't be stuck with title-less steelbooks.
I always thought this too. :p

I could never watch a dubbed film.
It has to be in its original language. It would be like me watching Pan's Labyrinth in English!!!!!

Completely takes you out of the tone of the film.

Reactions: Samurainl and harry
No title and floating heads aside, why the shitbrown background!?!?!?!:vomit::yuck:
The entire steel looks like sheit...

Who are these morons designing this bullcrap?
Theres no excuse for not even putting a title on it, as much money as Disney caches in.

I'm done with Disneys steel releases from now on. I'm never gonna pick one up that is titleless ever again. Not buying the titled one from the US either out of sheer spite.

Last edited: