Star Wars merchandise event here

11216153-1764371078453306.jpg 11216153-5174371078496032.jpg

How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I said clearly in previous posts its for the Amaray releases only and I pre ordered from Amazon
I have lot of slipcovers some fit a steelbook some don't only way we will know if when one of us gets delivery of the slip to find out
Most don't fit but a few do fit but will be a very tight fit if they do fit

I didn't realise some do actually fit over a steel. All the ones I have don't and I have over 100 (some of the them lenti slips etc)

I didn't realise some do actually fit over a steel. All the ones I have don't and I have over 100 (some of the them lenti slips etc)
Most of the time they don't fit but I had a few that did be it a very tight fit
You won't fit if you keep the jcard on it needs to be removed
I only had a few that did fit most of the time they don't

Reactions: Flloydo
What is with the spine again, Disney must think we are all children in the UK and need pictures to tell which film we want to watch. Just Madness

Most of the time they don't fit but I had a few that did be it a very tight fit
You won't fit if you keep the jcard on it needs to be removed
I only had a few that did fit most of the time they don't

Ok cool

Yeah I've only ever tried on a steel with the j card off
I'm not going to risk it just in case it don't fit plus I don't really collect slips but they are all in a box ( i just collect some lenti slips)

Reactions: paulboland
They are not free they are slipcovers with Amaray Blu-ray releases noting to do with the steelbook
If you already pre-ordered the Amaray Blu-ray they will send it with the Dark Side Slip if you want the White Side you need to cancel and re order that one

Sorry Paul should have made my post clearer that the slips are not free and that the slipcovers are only for the Amaray Blu-Ray thought people would see that by clicking on the link, apologies.

Reactions: paulboland
What is with the spine again, Disney must think we are all children in the UK and need pictures to tell which film we want to watch. Just Madness
Its cheaper for Disney to do this
One steelbook for Europe/Asia market with only the Jcard needed to have language different
USA/Canada is different as these made at a different scanavo plant not the European one

I don't like it myself but Disney Europe have been doing this for most of the new releases for Marvel/Disney releases that have a same release in Europe/Asia
Asia releases usually come with a slipcover but the steelbook is the same

It only when its retailer real exclusive release or shared retailer with WEA artwork that the spine has a title
I'm sure we will see another Disney release most likely from Zavvi end of this year or next year have another release and will have a title on the spine and mostly likely include a 3D Disc

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobley
The rear should've had BB-8 on it. As he(?) and Kylo define the movie in an iconic sense for me. But hey I'm more excited about having this great movie in-hand.

For the love of god. I know it isn't remotely Zavvi's fault, just the cheapness of Disney with the titles seems to know no ends of late. Another one I'll end up cancelling and have to source from abroad.

Ah, that sleeve comes with the amaray? But then I don't really see a reason to get the steelbook as well if you go for the sleeve (which I would over this steelbook).
Because I'm a steelbook collector and therefore prefer them to amarays... plus I'm one of a few that actually likes this artwork. :)

Yeah that's what I just said lol

@Noodles and anyone else hoping to put these over a Steelbook. They won't fit FYI[/QUOTE
Cheers for the warning mate... I've never tried it myself, but just assumed it would fit. :(

@Noodles for some reason I can't quote what you said but Paulboland mentioned he had some that do fit but that's out of the hundreds that he has plus i have quite a lot and I've tried a few times out of curiosity And never had luck. They are usually extremely tight and don't fit on the steel properly (in my experience)

Best thing to do is try with a marvel , Pixar or disney slip as they should be the same size fitting for Star Wars. Not sure if that would help though

Only thing I notice different with standard blu Ray slips is some are shorter like V/H/S and grindhouse for example or ones with lenticular front covers

Oh it HAS to be the Dark Side amaray for me. The steelbook would have been ok (not great, just ok) if it had the poster on the back, but blink-and-you'll-miss-her Phasma? I was really hoping for the poster on the steelbook and a black steel with the poster on the front would have been ideal, but this is a bit of a let-down and the amaray is much better looking. I know some will stick with the steel just cause of what it's made of, but for me it's all about the art and the cinema poster is much better than a single photo.

@Noodles for some reason I can't quote what you said but Paulboland mentioned he had some that do fit but that's out of the hundreds that he has plus i have quite a lot and I've tried a few times out of curiosity And never had luck. They are usually extremely tight and don't fit on the steel properly (in my experience)

Best thing to do is try with a marvel , Pixar or disney slip as they should be the same size fitting for Star Wars. Not sure if that would help though

Only thing I notice different with standard blu Ray slips is some are shorter like V/H/S and grindhouse for example or ones with lenticular front covers
Not sure why I've never tried it before to be honest... but I'll test it with some of my own tomorrow. I'll probably pick up one, if not both of the slips anyway... just because it's Star Wars. :p