STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I got an email from BBTS about it. They are seriously making it hard not to dive into the 1/6 stuff. So far, the likeness blows away the Ben PF. Are you getting it, or are you still staying away from 1/6 stuff?

Reactions: SithLord84
Yeah, I got an email from BBTS about it. They are seriously making it hard not to dive into the 1/6 stuff. So far, the likeness blows away the Ben PF. Are you getting it, or are you still staying away from 1/6 stuff?

I think out of all the SW HT stuff I've seen so far Kenobi is my favorite! I'm still passing on 1/6 figs though. I'm actually going switch my collection over to PFs only. I just love everything about them the most, and I want it to have a sense of order and congruity (thats a big word for me LOL). The multiple DC PFs I've got really made me realize this is the scale to collect and spending cash on little stuff just takes away money that I could use to save towards a PF. And I'll still be picking up at least a couple more SW ones as well. Just don't know what I'm going to do with the SW collection yet since Ikea discontinued the Glassvik door :angry: There is supposedly a new door coming out in April though.

I read your last post at the old site. Its still blows that this whole thing happened :( I'm expecting Brent to be singing a much different tune when he sees you in person LOL.

Rick sent you a PM by the way at the old site. I gave him a link to here last week, but I'm not sure if it was working. Hope we see him over here soon :).

I think out of all the SW HT stuff I've seen so far Kenobi is my favorite! I'm still passing on 1/6 figs though. I'm actually going switch my collection over to PFs only. I just love everything about them the most, and I want it to have a sense of order and congruity (thats a big word for me LOL). The multiple DC PFs I've got really made me realize this is the scale to collect and spending cash on little stuff just takes away money that I could use to save towards a PF. And I'll still be picking up at least a couple more SW ones as well. Just don't know what I'm going to do with the SW collection yet since Ikea discontinued the Glassvik door :angry: There is supposedly a new door coming out in April though.

I read your last post at the old site. Its still blows that this whole thing happened :( I'm expecting Brent to be singing a much different tune when he sees you in person LOL.

Rick sent you a PM by the way at the old site. I gave him a link to here last week, but I'm not sure if it was working. Hope we see him over here soon :).

I hope so too! Same with Terp! :D

All the HT 1/6 SW stuff has me drooling! And, with the PF slow down, it makes it that much harder to resist. I have to thank you for reminding me, alot, of where my priorities should be, LOL!

Are you sure the Glassvik's are being discontinued? I wonder because Ikea usually discounts stuff when they are phasing it out. I'm really hoping they go back to the 2 tier and 3 tier doors for the Bestas too! Maybe they are waiting until March before they do it, so they have the new doors ready to go? Hmm.

Reactions: SithLord84
I hope so too! Same with Terp! :D

All the HT 1/6 SW stuff has me drooling! And, with the PF slow down, it makes it that much harder to resist. I have to thank you for reminding me, alot, of where my priorities should be, LOL!

Are you sure the Glassvik's are being discontinued? I wonder because Ikea usually discounts stuff when they are phasing it out. I'm really hoping they go back to the 2 tier and 3 tier doors for the Bestas too! Maybe they are waiting until March before they do it, so they have the new doors ready to go? Hmm.

It really is a drag with no SW PFs. Where the hell is Vader LOL. I know I said I thought he would go up for order for May 4th but I still hope I'm wrong just so we can see what he looks like. With the SW drought you really should move into Marvel or DC PFs too LOL.

I'm 99% sure the Glassviks are discontinued. Besides the usual forum members freaking out from what they heard from their random Ikea employee, you can't buy the Glassvik from the site anymore. And when I check store inventory they are out of all of them in every color. There was a slight discount sale on them a few weeks ago, I think it was like 15% off. It wasn't like the blowout sale they had on the Tombos. Maybe Ikea realized they didn't have to drop the prices so extremely. The employees are also all claiming a brand new door should be on the way in April. If they make a full length door I'm buying a ton of them LOL.

Hey, @STARKILLER 1138 ,
Are all those lights on one chain together (with the wires hidden)? Or separate? (You mentioned battery power?)
On a remote switch together?
I have a new cabinet I need to light, and off the top of my head I was thinking rope LED cut to size and velcro...am I on the right path or not?

It really is a drag with no SW PFs. Where the hell is Vader LOL. I know I said I thought he would go up for order for May 4th but I still hope I'm wrong just so we can see what he looks like. With the SW drought you really should move into Marvel or DC PFs too LOL.

I'm 99% sure the Glassviks are discontinued. Besides the usual forum members freaking out from what they heard from their random Ikea employee, you can't buy the Glassvik from the site anymore. And when I check store inventory they are out of all of them in every color. There was a slight discount sale on them a few weeks ago, I think it was like 15% off. It wasn't like the blowout sale they had on the Tombos. Maybe Ikea realized they didn't have to drop the prices so extremely. The employees are also all claiming a brand new door should be on the way in April. If they make a full length door I'm buying a ton of them LOL.

Nope! That would be the end of my finances and my marriage, LOL! I just need to be patient, and use the time to save for that LSF Vader.

Ahh, didn't know they had a discount event already. Yeah, the closeout on those Tombos was huge! I still have 15 of'em sitting in my garage just waiting for an owner.

Hey, @STARKILLER 1138 ,
Are all those lights on one chain together (with the wires hidden)? Or separate? (You mentioned battery power?)
On a remote switch together?
I have a new cabinet I need to light, and off the top of my head I was thinking rope LED cut to size and velcro...am I on the right path or not?

Yes, the lights I use are all controlled by one remote. There are no wires. The lights I use are these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-6-LED-Utility-Remote-Controlled-Light-White/16561412

I admit, I wish I had just went with these instead:

http://www.barlighting.com/led-strip-kits-s/1818.htm

Or these:

http://www.barlighting.com/flexible-lighting-s/1819.htm

The battery cost alone for the current lights would have paid for the strips/ flex lighting many times over. IMO, If you're looking to light just one cabinet, the flex lighting, going all the way around the inside of the cabinet, may be the way to go. If too expensive, go with strip lighting. The lighting from Barlighting.com are either IR or RF controlled, but if you get elsewhere, it may or may not be.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Nope! That would be the end of my finances and my marriage, LOL! I just need to be patient, and use the time to save for that LSF Vader.

Ahh, didn't know they had a discount event already. Yeah, the closeout on those Tombos was huge! I still have 15 of'em sitting in my garage just waiting for an owner.

If I was in the area I would be all over those Tombos. I'm sure if you post an ad on Craigs list or local eBay pickup someone will snatch those right up. You could probably get full price for them too. There are still lots of people on the freaks board looking for Tombos.

I just read some good news about Vader on SF today:

SSAlex;4994163 said:
LSF is a ways off. PF should have it's full reveal soon (like within a month of so...I hope!).

I hope we see the new Vader PF in March. That thing is going to be so freaking awesome. If I can fit it in a besta I'll get him for sure, if not I'll have to think about it. I still think if its too tall I'll have to settle for an old one once people start unloading them on eBay when they get the new one.

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138

Yes, the lights I use are all controlled by one remote. There are no wires. The lights I use are these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-6-LED-Utility-Remote-Controlled-Light-White/16561412

Or these:

The battery cost alone for the current lights would have paid for the strips/ flex lighting many times over. IMO, If you're looking to light just one cabinet, the flex lighting, going all the way around the inside of the cabinet, may be the way to go. If too expensive, go with strip lighting. The lighting from Barlighting.com are either IR or RF controlled, but if you get elsewhere, it may or may not be.
Thanks a ton!! Amazingly helpful info!
@STARKILLER 1138 Droppin' the knowledge bomb!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

If I was in the area I would be all over those Tombos. I'm sure if you post an ad on Craigs list or local eBay pickup someone will snatch those right up. You could probably get full price for them too. There are still lots of people on the freaks board looking for Tombos.

I just read some good news about Vader on SF today:

I hope we see the new Vader PF in March. That thing is going to be so freaking awesome. If I can fit it in a besta I'll get him for sure, if not I'll have to think about it. I still think if its too tall I'll have to settle for an old one once people start unloading them on eBay when they get the new one.

I may have to do that. I can't use them in my room for sure though. My kid and I fold down the lounger and sleep in there on the weekends, and I'm terrified of one of those heavy doors slipping off and hitting her. I don't visit the "freaks" board but if you happen across someone on there who is looking for Tombos in the Pac NW, send'em my way. Will give you a finders fee also. ;)

Thanks a ton!! Amazingly helpful info!
@STARKILLER 1138 Droppin' the knowledge bomb!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

LOL! I'm glad that helped. I'll be getting the "audio" led flex kit for mine eventually (just been lazy). The lights behind my TV and the bulbs in the SW lamps all react to music, and I thought it'd be cool to have the lights dancing around in the cabinets too. Really need to get off my butt and just do it!

I'll definitely keep an eye out for someone looking for Tombos in your area. :) And I know what you mean when you're afraid of those things falling, especially on your kid. I had a couple almost incidents where the doors slipped a bit when I was adjusting connectors and I nearly crapped my pants. I didn't drop them or anything but it definitely reminds you of how heavy and awkwardly big they are. These things falling on someone would be pretty disastrous, maybe even lethal if falling from the top of a 3 tier.

Or these:

@STARKILLER 1138
That LED Barlighting is killer! You can cut to size and use extenders for whatever your needs! And on top of it, it is really reasonably priced! (I also want hidden accent lighting above kitchen cabinets!)
I may buy a ton of this! Question is- warm, cool, or natural White? (My cabinets are wood like yours)
Also, may I humbly recommend (if you haven't already used these) remote outlet plugs. i have used them for years and they are great. I have no specific brand or type to recommend- but they make things easier..
image.jpg

(I just grabbed this pic as an example. It looks IR. I always use RF.)

I'll definitely keep an eye out for someone looking for Tombos in your area. :) And I know what you mean when you're afraid of those things falling, especially on your kid. I had a couple almost incidents where the doors slipped a bit when I was adjusting connectors and I nearly crapped my pants. I didn't drop them or anything but it definitely reminds you of how heavy and awkwardly big they are. These things falling on someone would be pretty disastrous, maybe even lethal if falling from the top of a 3 tier.

Yeah, when we were moving, I was taking the doors off, and a bunch of them just slid right off as if they were just hanging there. Those edges are sharp too. Don't get me wrong, they are a great door for a display room, but if you have alot of traffic through it, especially little ones, it may be better to go with something else.

@STARKILLER 1138
That LED Barlighting is killer! You can cut to size and use extenders for whatever your needs! And on top of it, it is really reasonably priced! (I also want hidden accent lighting above kitchen cabinets!)
I may buy a ton of this! Question is- warm, cool, or natural White? (My cabinets are wood like yours)
Also, may I humbly recommend (if you haven't already used these) remote outlet plugs. i have used them for years and they are great. I have no specific brand or type to recommend- but they make things easier..
View attachment 136356
(I just grabbed this pic as an example. It looks IR. I always use RF.)

Great minds man! LOL! I've been looking at that stuff too when I sit in my room trying to figure out what way to go. :)

I believe my battery lights are warm. The awesome thing about the barlighting lights are the different color options. I would say their white is more natural bordering on cool.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah, when we were moving, I was taking the doors off, and a bunch of them just slid right off as if they were just hanging there. Those edges are sharp too. Don't get me wrong, they are a great door for a display room, but if you have alot of traffic through it, especially little ones, it may be better to go with something else.

Great minds man! LOL! I've been looking at that stuff too when I sit in my room trying to figure out what way to go. :)

I believe my battery lights are warm. The awesome thing about the barlighting lights are the different color options. I would say their white is more natural bordering on cool.
:thumbs:

Ask and ye shall receive. Ha ha. How are ya Lou? The other board isn't as exciting now that there's not a thread with an ongoing conversation in it. This place seems to have a ton of different forums for every collectible, should be fun.

YEEEESSS!!!! Welcome, terp! Happy you are here. Man, seems like it has been a while. Yeah, lots of areas to discuss different collectibles rather than all crammed into one. Plus, the people here are so friendly!

Whoa, thats cool. I know you'll love that for sure if it happens Lou. I've still been avoiding SW news sites like crazy to try to dodge any spoilers, but its like there are articles about them everywhere. I thankfully haven't clicked on any yet, but I still fear it will get spoiled for me while reading some off topic forum, site or news station. Its so weird not going on the SW sites I used to visit daily.