SP-2.jpg

SP-3.jpg

SP-4.jpg

SP-5.jpg

SP-6.jpg

COMICON2011_124.jpg

COMICON2011_126.jpg
Update 11/2/2011 SOLD OUT
Update 11/1/2011 per e-mail sent by WB-thanks apsmith21.
View attachment 4696

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a strong believer though that volume speaks $$$. The fact that they could move that many copies in one sitting/day possibly at Comic-Con would lead me to believe that if they were to break any print run limitations it would be for such an event as Comic-con (or E3 and the like). The good thing is, we should be able to expect things like this happening again so long as they didn't go home with a lot of stock, or especially if they sold out. :)

And I'm all for bringing back more "rareness" into the steelbook collector community. (jef our mod goes to comic-con every year, looks like next year he will have his hands full .... of our group buy! ;))

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

ps. Isnt "Dark Knight Rises" coming out next summer! I smell an exclusive DKR steelbook for next year! haha ... wishful thinking.

Hi wreck, I want to ask something, but sorry if it out of topic.. according from your statement above about rareness, I wondering why most steels from Future Shop has always been rare and the value increase (ex : iron man, the dark knight, etc )

whether they produce only slightly or they have better quality steels?

I would also love to get my hands on this...would definately pimp up my Sucker Punch Display :drool:

So...be kind and sign me in for a copy :p

Cheers,
Sascha

I have to be brutally honest here and say, yes I would love one as a collector, but as a steelbook I honestly don't think it looks great compared to the other releases. Sorry.

Nonetheless, as I said I have been scouring eBay but not seen any yet, just the mini bust of Baby doll. :drool:

I have to be brutally honest here and say, yes I would love one as a collector, but as a steelbook I honestly don't think it looks great compared to the other releases. Sorry.

I'm with you my freind. The other 2 covers look better imo and it's G1 so that is a big drawback. Maybe the interior is nicer.

Yes, the possible low print run and relative difficulty of obtaining this one, because of the manner in which it was sold (at a convention, in one country), make this one desirable to those more interested in the "collector" aspects of the Steelbook hobby. Before there was a Steelbook released per minute, it was the exclusivity of the Steelbook in print number, and "different" art in different countries that made the hobby alluring. There is still a lot of speculation surrounding the release, but if it doesn't appear at other conventions for Comic Con in the USA, and in fact stays at "900" for the final print run, this one will be desirable, regardless of size or art, imo.

There is a current auction going on Ebay, and bidding is at $112.50 with just over 4 days left. :movie: I think this is going to go close to $200.00 if not over.

Last edited:
You wait, now the word is out - this thing is going to explode. Just speculating, but that's fun, right? :movie:

I agree with you, if production run can be verified. Until that happens, I think any subsequent auctions are going to get worse for the buyer.

If production run is verified, this will be the new "holy grail."

Bid is at $150.50

Last edited:
I agree with you, if production run can be verified. Until that happens, I think any subsequent auctions are going to get worse for the buyer.

If production run is verified, this will be the new "holy grail."

Ah...be careful with that comparison. Still the holy grail is John and he remains it to be. Although the number has never been populated, it was for a very short time on Amazon Sale, before it came on the Index.

This copy is nice and if 900 pcs. are to be confirmed, also fine and surely a rarity, but John is John and in fact is G2 :D

Ah...be careful with that comparison. Still the holy grail is John and he remains it to be. Although the number has never been populated, it was for a very short time on Amazon Sale, before it came on the Index.

This copy is nice and if 900 pcs. are to be confirmed, also fine and surely a rarity, but John is John and in fact is G2 :D

I'd have to agree - G2 and steelbook is king in terms of desirability.

In terms of print run - the reported run of Moulin Rouge and Romeo & Juliet is much lower than any of these steelbooks, but the fact that they are ironpacks has kept their value out of that "holy grail" range.

These will shoot up at first, but after the hardcore guys get their copies, the price will settle down a bit. I think it will still fetch more than $50 - $70 though.

Just to make sure Andy....I'd love to get my hands on a copy, not that you take me wrong :hilarious: ;)

Hand over at the Kittery Outlets in Maine :D

True. ;) My comment was in relation to production total only. It would be great if this was a G2. Rambo remains number one with me.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I'd have to agree - G2 and steelbook is king in terms of desirability.

In terms of print run - the reported run of Moulin Rouge and Romeo & Juliet is much lower than any of these steelbooks, but the fact that they are ironpacks has kept their value out of that "holy grail" range.

These will shoot up at first, but after the hardcore guys get their copies, the price will settle down a bit. I think it will still fetch more than $50 - $70 though.

Those two IronPacks have less than 900? Wow

The auction just hit $200

It's always this way. Even if it ends up that there are more than 900, and the price plateaus (which tends to happen with a flood into the market place), initially, everyone that is afraid to "miss it" (due to location restriction, lack of access, etc), will pay an exhorbitant amount, largely due to fear, and of course, hype.

Personally I actually hope that it remains at 900, and maintains a higher dollar value, despite being a G1. I agree that the Steelbook hobby needs to return to a time when the market was not flooded with regurgitated releases, and reprints/re-releases, and there was a bit more care given to art and limiting releases to specific countries. Most times, when the same cover is released in 10 countries, it eventually backfires for the Steel's value-they even "sit" longer at the Retailer level.

Many people attend these shows and while there, deliberately pick up "Exclusives" to turn around and flip them on Ebay with no personal interest in the item themselves-that's no secret. But if a release was stated as "limited", to 900, ends up with 1000's more copies the price will tank over time.

Last edited: