The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - In theaters May 2nd, 2014

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
With: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

Final Trailer:
[media=youtube]DlM2CWNTQ84[/media]

Old info:
Per First Showing:

Already?! Deadline reports that Sony/Columbia Pictures has set a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to Marc Webb's new take on the web-head, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They're claiming the key May 2nd, 2014 release spot, aiming to kick off the 2014 summer with Spidey, which is 2 years, 9 months away. It's very early to be scheduling for 2014, but a Sony exec explains: "I think it speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment." That may be true, but we're still a year away from seeing the first Amazing Spider-Man!
The Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh new take on the comic book hero created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, our hero Spider-Man, as well as Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May. 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb is directing this new reboot of Spider-Man, from a screenplay written by Alvin Sargent (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man), Steve Kloves (Harry Potter franchise) and James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, Zodiac, The Losers). Sony is bringing this new Amazing Spider-Man movie to theaters in 3D on July 3rd, 2012. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned by Deadline, it was revealed last year that Marc Webb would be directing "the next three movies" in this new Spider-Man franchise, so the early assumption is that he'll also be back.

Attachments

• Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 322
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 329
  • the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know...still not feeling it. It is just a picture from the set, but that doesn't seem like Mary Jane Watson. Kinda mean looking.

article-0-187052B8000005DC-380_634x844.jpg

No one would ever guess Peter Parker is Spiderman with that head of hair he's got!
article-2288183-1862E5CC000005DC-71_634x819.jpg

Last edited:
article-0-187052B8000005DC-380_634x844.jpg

Same here.I have no idea why they casted her.But i said the same thing about Ann Hathaway for The Dark Knight Rises, so i'm gonna shut my pie whole about it.

Loved the 1st Amazing Spiderman. Reading this thread is getting excited for the second, can't wait! A least there's Man Of Steel to keep me going till this is released :D

Thanks for the info guys!

CULVER CITY, Calif., June 17, 2013 – With Sony Pictures Entertainment now in production in New York on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, slated for release on May 2, 2014, the studio is planting its flag on two future release dates for one of the most successful franchises in studio history, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, Chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures. The next two films in the story of Peter Parker will be released on June 10, 2016, and on May 4, 2018, respectively.

Commenting on the announcement, Blake said, “Spider-Man is our most important, most successful, and most beloved franchise, so we’re thrilled that we are in a position to lock in these prime release dates over the next five years.”

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers. The executive producers are E. Bennett Walsh, Stan Lee, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci.

The Amazing Spider-Man took in over $750 million at the worldwide box office last year.
Isn't that a little bit too early???