The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - In theaters May 2nd, 2014

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
With: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

Final Trailer:
[media=youtube]DlM2CWNTQ84[/media]

Old info:
Per First Showing:

Already?! Deadline reports that Sony/Columbia Pictures has set a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to Marc Webb's new take on the web-head, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They're claiming the key May 2nd, 2014 release spot, aiming to kick off the 2014 summer with Spidey, which is 2 years, 9 months away. It's very early to be scheduling for 2014, but a Sony exec explains: "I think it speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment." That may be true, but we're still a year away from seeing the first Amazing Spider-Man!
The Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh new take on the comic book hero created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, our hero Spider-Man, as well as Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May. 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb is directing this new reboot of Spider-Man, from a screenplay written by Alvin Sargent (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man), Steve Kloves (Harry Potter franchise) and James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, Zodiac, The Losers). Sony is bringing this new Amazing Spider-Man movie to theaters in 3D on July 3rd, 2012. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned by Deadline, it was revealed last year that Marc Webb would be directing "the next three movies" in this new Spider-Man franchise, so the early assumption is that he'll also be back.

Attachments

• Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 321
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 328
  • the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
I Haven't seen such a major cast shake up like this in a big movie in awhile.But i guess she never really fit into the role,She was just a big name with the tween crowd from the show she was on.

Wonder who they are going to have replace her?The rumored girl dropped out i think.

I loved amazing Spider-Man so 2 is great news. Electro seems very interesting and is Rhino going to be in it to?

Even better news that they're bring in Harry & his father so I'm guessing green goblin will be in 3 or 4. :scat:

Hopefully they do the kingpin in later films. The lizard was great in the first so hopefully they do kingpin, mysterio and even Kraven the hunter. I'd also love them to redo Dr Octopus & green goblin :scat:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer to Debut December 5th :LOL:

spider-man_trailer_pic.jpg

Sony Pictures announced this morning via their Spider-Man Facebook page that the first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will debut on December 5th.

Opening in theaters on May 2, 2014, the Marc Webb-directed sequel stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field, Chris Cooper, B.J. Novak and Sarah Gadon.

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Looking forward to seeing this next year! :movie:

Another small update! :thumbs:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reveals a New Synopsis and Cast List

With the new trailer set to be online this Thursday, Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has today revealed a new synopsis. The official description of the May 2, 2014 release now reads as follows:

We’ve always known that Spider-Man’s most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.

It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.

Also of note is the updated cast list, which names Garfield, Stone, Foxx and DeHaan as well as Campbell Scott, Embeth Davidtz, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti and Sally Field. That excludes, among other names, the previously-announced Chris Cooper. Could it be that, as is the case with Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane Watson, Norman Osborn now won't be appearing until a future film?

A poster revealing not one, not two... but three villains.

amazing-spider-man-2-poster-photo.jpg

Looks like the Green Goblin will be in this.

goblin_1.jpg

:movie:

I've watched it a few times now. Here's my thoughts...

- The new Spidey costume looks perfect
- From what I can see, I like the design for the Rhino
- Jamie Foxx will probably be great as Electro in the final film, but I'm still not really feeling it
- I love the Sinister Six teases throughout the trailer
- I'm not sure whether that's Green Goblin or one of the other goblins (Hobgoblin, Demogoblin), but as of now, he looks horrendous (hair, really?)
- Dane DeHaan is gonna rock this film!
- There's a lot going on -- the relationship with Gwen, the search for more info on the Parkers, Electro, Rhino, the Goblin, the Oscorp conspiracy -- so I hope this film can juggle all these sub-plots better than Spider-Man 3 could