The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - In theaters May 2nd, 2014

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
With: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

Final Trailer:
[media=youtube]DlM2CWNTQ84[/media]

Old info:
Per First Showing:

Already?! Deadline reports that Sony/Columbia Pictures has set a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to Marc Webb's new take on the web-head, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They're claiming the key May 2nd, 2014 release spot, aiming to kick off the 2014 summer with Spidey, which is 2 years, 9 months away. It's very early to be scheduling for 2014, but a Sony exec explains: "I think it speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment." That may be true, but we're still a year away from seeing the first Amazing Spider-Man!
The Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh new take on the comic book hero created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, our hero Spider-Man, as well as Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May. 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb is directing this new reboot of Spider-Man, from a screenplay written by Alvin Sargent (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man), Steve Kloves (Harry Potter franchise) and James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, Zodiac, The Losers). Sony is bringing this new Amazing Spider-Man movie to theaters in 3D on July 3rd, 2012. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned by Deadline, it was revealed last year that Marc Webb would be directing "the next three movies" in this new Spider-Man franchise, so the early assumption is that he'll also be back.

Attachments

• Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 316
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 323
  • the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw an early screening here in Texas. Loved this movie so much, even better than the first. The final act is just outstanding and a complete emotional roller coaster. The film left me wanting so much more yet completely satisfied enough to tide me over until The Amazing Spider-Man 3 releases. I can't wait to see this again May 2nd. :scat:

9 out of 10

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Watched part 1 over the weekend ready for this

I'm watching the first one closer to release day (to keep it fresh :D)

Same here. I plan to watch the first one the day before I go see this.

I always do that :thumbs:, to freshen my memory! Recently, for The Raid 2 I timed it perfectly, as soon as I was done watching part 1 at home I drove straight to the Theater! I'll be doing the same for this and X-Men! :LOL:

Reactions: IRON MAN
I always do that :thumbs:, to freshen my memory! Recently, for The Raid 2 I timed it perfectly, as soon as I was done watching part 1 at home I drove straight to the Theater! I'll be doing the same for this and X-Men! :LOL:

Same here, will be watching all first 3 X-Men movies and First Class prior to catching DOFP :scat:

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Saw this on Tuesday, maybe I'm getting older, it felt like a teenage flick about the love life of Parker/Stacey rather than anything else.

I was hoping for less teenage angst and more action.

I prefer Avengers movies as there's a lot less need for romance and more action-comedy.

Scored this movie 5/10.

I really, really loved the movie (seen it twice now - going to see it again on Thursday). Andrew and Emma are great as always, but who ended up surprising me was Dane DeHaan. I thought he was fantastic as Harry Osborn. The film actually benefits from 3D, the action scenes are something we've never seen in a Spider-Man movie before.

I can't post the link to my review yet (I can only post links once I hit 8 posts), so if anyone wants to check it out, please visit my Letterboxd profile page. My username is TommySyk.

Cheers!

Saw this on Tuesday, maybe I'm getting older, it felt like a teenage flick about the love life of Parker/Stacey rather than anything else.

I was hoping for less teenage angst and more action.

I prefer Avengers movies as there's a lot less need for romance and more action-comedy.

Scored this movie 5/10.

Yes, this I can agree with 100%, saw this movie yesterday and although it was good there was just too much "I love you but I can't be with you."
Good but not great, Electro felt a little under developed too. Hope the third movie really picks up the ball - spidy deserves it.

Some of the 3D effects were best Ive ever seen, all the swinging through the skyscrapers was 'amazing'.

Yes, this I can agree with 100%, saw this movie yesterday and although it was good there was just too much "I love you but I can't be with you."
Good but not great, Electro felt a little under developed too. Hope the third movie really picks up the ball - spidy deserves it.

I think the romance was alright as it made the later part of the movie more significant although the last 5 mins resolution was a bit quick.
Electro was so one dimensional, even the secondary villain Harry was much more developed.

To me its was a very very nice movie. Action scenes were fantastic. But I thought the love story was a little too long and draggy at points. But I know everyone here is looking forward to the Sinister Six movie!

What I'm not understanding is the compliants about the romance... Its essential to the story. Were also talking about Peter who is roughly 17/18 years old.

I loved this movie. I was happy to finally see something that didn't have explosions every 5 mins.

I think the problem for me with the movie was that the balance wasn't there. It felt like a love story the just so happened to have spiderman in. The first movie had a much better mix in my opinion of juggling the love/superhero/ordinary life dilemma.
This film was good but I just had my hopes up a little too high I suppose. I really enjoy the Sam Raimi trilogy (including 3 which I enjoy apart from the emo section) and I liked the first Amazing spiderman very much but this one just didn't hit it for me.
A good film, not great.

I saw this on Saturday and thought it was good, but nothing special. There were some really cool action and web slinging sequences, but I felt they could've done more with the villains. Harry Osbourne was the most impressive of the villains since he felt more developed, but he had very little screen time as the GG. I didn't mind the scenes between Gwen and Peter as they helped people see another side of Parker and understand the struggles he faced with being in/out of a relationship with her.

All in all it's not one I'd go see again, but I wouldn't mind another sit through once it's released on blu ray.

6/10

Reactions: psychoscot
I saw this on Saturday and thought it was good, but nothing special. There were some really cool action and web slinging sequences, but I felt they could've done more with the villains. Harry Osbourne was the most impressive of the villains since he felt more developed, but he had very little screen time as the GG. I didn't mind the scenes between Gwen and Peter as they helped people see another side of Parker and understand the struggles he faced with being in/out of a relationship with her.

All in all it's not one I'd go see again, but I wouldn't mind another sit through once it's released on blu ray.

6/10

Saw it for the 7th time this evening Lol! :D

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Saw it for the 7th time this evening Lol! :D

EEK! Wow, I've never watched any movie more than twice in the theater. The last movie I watched twice was Lone Survivor.

I've yet to see it! :thumbs:

DAMN Psycho! 7 times!!! EEK! There are 4 films I can think of I've seen more than once in theaters!

King Kong (6 times)
300 (4 times)
Sucker Punch (twice)​

And with Godzilla coming up... I know I'm gonna see it maybe 5 times! :LOL: