The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - In theaters May 2nd, 2014

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
With: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

Final Trailer:
[media=youtube]DlM2CWNTQ84[/media]

Old info:
Per First Showing:

Already?! Deadline reports that Sony/Columbia Pictures has set a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to Marc Webb's new take on the web-head, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They're claiming the key May 2nd, 2014 release spot, aiming to kick off the 2014 summer with Spidey, which is 2 years, 9 months away. It's very early to be scheduling for 2014, but a Sony exec explains: "I think it speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment." That may be true, but we're still a year away from seeing the first Amazing Spider-Man!
The Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh new take on the comic book hero created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, our hero Spider-Man, as well as Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May. 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb is directing this new reboot of Spider-Man, from a screenplay written by Alvin Sargent (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man), Steve Kloves (Harry Potter franchise) and James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, Zodiac, The Losers). Sony is bringing this new Amazing Spider-Man movie to theaters in 3D on July 3rd, 2012. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned by Deadline, it was revealed last year that Marc Webb would be directing "the next three movies" in this new Spider-Man franchise, so the early assumption is that he'll also be back.

Attachments

• Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 316
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 323
  • the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
I've yet to see it! :thumbs:

DAMN Psycho! 7 times!!! EEK! There are 4 films I can think of I've seen more than once in theaters!

King Kong (6 times)
300 (4 times)
Sucker Punch (twice)​

And with Godzilla coming up... I know I'm gonna see it maybe 5 times! :LOL:

For me...

X-Men - 7 times
Spider-Man - 6 times
Pacific Rim - 3 times
The Avengers - 3 times

And then TONS of films twice! :scat:

Reactions: psychoscot
Actually really liked electro once he became electro before that I really felt Max's character was just too unbelievably dumb. I do have to say though, his intro scene in times square has an amazing opening soundtrack song. If you get a chance listen to it on youtube, it's called paranoia.

However as a movie on the whole it was meh. I didn't like peter parker, he must have held the same dumb face for like 20 minutes throughout (which is odd cause I liked Garfield in Dr. Parnassus). He was good though when he was in his suit.

Sadly I found the soundtrack the best part and the mixing of the soundtrack with the scenes. Was it watchable yeah but was it anything special no, bring on Days of Future Past.

Did not like the first 10 minutes as some espionage sequence with his father on the plane

Did not like how Harrys symptoms appear literally the day after his father dies, and him and PP are conveniently friends. Though someone please do put me in my place as I can't remember if they established their relationship in the first movie.

I liked the tease to sinister six but did not like the Rhino costume, cause then him doc oc, vulture, and green goblin are essentially just humans in robotic suits.

Also right after you saw Rhino get captured at the beginning of the movie, I immediately knew Peter swinging the sewer at him in the suit was going to be the very last scene.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve. Here's a guy in a huge metallic suit shooting at cops on a PUBLIC street and not only are people not running away, cause god knows if there are bullets flying on a public street I would want my child front and center to witness it, but the police conveniently had enough time to set up a barricade. Do you know the chaos this would cause on a public street, cops would not be setting up street barricades and people should not be watching it like a movie on a street. :angry:

I've yet to see it! :thumbs:

DAMN Psycho! 7 times!!! EEK! There are 4 films I can think of I've seen more than once in theaters!

King Kong (6 times)
300 (4 times)
Sucker Punch (twice)​

And with Godzilla coming up... I know I'm gonna see it maybe 5 times! :LOL:

I can definitely see myself going to see Godzilla twice. First viewing will be in IMAX. :scat:

For me...

X-Men - 7 times
Spider-Man - 6 times
Pacific Rim - 3 times
The Avengers - 3 times

And then TONS of films twice! :scat:

As a kid, I saw the 1st Pokemon movie a grand 14 times at the cinema. Now how's that for psycho? XD

Really enjoyed this one and IMAX 3D is the way to see it. :3

Reactions: psychoscot
I really enjoyed the flick, just wish they hadn't rushed Goblin to get to a Sinister 6 movie, and the Rhino armor was awful as well as Paul Giamatti.

I can't believe the soundtrack has only been mentioned once so far (mllNY)! I saw this with Dolby Atmos, which I hadn't been too impressed with (Noah and Transcendence). But for this score the Atmos did it's job!
The soundtrack is pretty sweet and even Electro's voice has a really intense bass to it.

I really enjoyed the movie. Lots and lots of fun with the highlight certainly being that Hans Zimmer and The Magnificent Six score. I can't wait to watch it in the theater again!

i loved the first one, but this one had nothing redeeming IMO except the action scenes. Shallow character development, strange soundtrack (humorous even), complete overacting (especially rhino). And I wasn't feeling the emu goblin...... very disappointed in this one.
And I'm really tired of the slapstick comedy in these flicks.... this is why comic movies had a hard time taking off, now feels like they are reverting. (fumbling blue-prints, balancing on a railing over dangerous conditions, etc...)

Last edited: