The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but you were aware of that already. You can't claim that you were mislead when the correct information was posted here and you acknowledged it. I have to say I have lost a little respect for you over this. It's not as if Zavvi are just going to take a loss is it? In the end the cost of partial refunds is just passed onto collectors in the future.

^^ well i dont have this myself but a lotta ppl aren’t convinced. They were saying its actually like a quality matte steel with shinny effect area on parts of the paintwork - which sounds to me like a “Zero Finish” type of matte steelbook.

Then you are not qualified to make a judgement. I thought it was completely matte based on the word of collectors here until I opened my own copy.

What did you expect exactly from 'Sewage Canal'? Your posts are contradictory across the forum. Like you say though, let's leave it because this is going nowhere.

wll it's still saying "gloss finish" in the product description, and the final product is clearly not that. maybe it's spot glossed, yes... which was the info that digitalbabe posted here in this forum.
but you also have to consider that there are also customers outside of HDN world, who don't get this special inside info.

wll it's still saying "gloss finish" in the product description, and the final product is clearly not that. maybe it's spot glossed, yes... which was the info that digitalbabe posted here in this forum.
but you also have to consider that there are also customers outside of HDN world, who don't get this special inside info.

Oh yes it's about the principle not the three quid refund ;)

That doesn't really apply here though does it as we are all HDN members and regular visitors to the forum.

I can expect whatever I want. I have to go by the descriptions in bold in the website and the actual product.

In this case, expected != actual.

Really? So when information is posted here you ignore it and don't factor it into your purchasing decisions? I think you have set a dangerous precedent with this. Will you be claiming refunds where there is embossing but no mention of it in the listing for example? How about if it the final product isn't as vibrant as the mockup? Where do you draw the line?

Last edited:
I am not that greedy or stupid. You are trying to push me too much. This is the first time I have contacted them about item not matching the description. I have given them 1000s of pounds and have dealt with numereous disservice. So I decided to draw a line with this release which is simply not as described.

You know very well that I defend Zavvi and UK releases to the best of my extent from unprovoked attacks. Aformentioned I cannot in this instance.

Reactions: JH2607
snooloui you really need to calm down, just because there are many of a different opionon to you doesn't always mean you have to be right.
If you keep going the way you are, you will have a heart attack! why not just agree to disagree and leave it be, I thought this was supposed to be friendly forum no?

Reactions: lolwut
All I gotta say is after all the hoopla in this thread I thought this was going to a sub par quality steel. Instead when I got it in hand I was happy and surprised to see how good it looks. Even some pics on here made it look dull and that is not the case. The embossing on title and the silver shiny on it look damn good.

Quality steel. Hard to tell if plane has spot gloss. If they didn't let metal shone through there I think it would have been more apparent but I honestly can't say one or the other. Looks like something was done there tho.

All I gotta say is after all the hoopla in this thread I thought this was going to a sub par quality steel. Instead when I got it in hand I was happy and surprised to see how good it looks. Even some pics on here made it look dull and that is not the case. The embossing on title and the silver shiny on it look damn good.

Quality steel. Hard to tell if plane has spot gloss. If they didn't let metal shone through there I think it would have been more apparent but I honestly can't say one or the other. Looks like something was done there tho.

I agree, very happy with this steelbook. I think it looks great :thumbs:

CLICK FOR HIGHER RESOLUTION
D9SRAkn.jpg

Last edited:
The Aviator | Zavvi Exclusive

Official HDN Showcase Video best viewed in HD :thumbs:

[media=youtube]9kxWmp_hwRc[/media]

Description
Hi-Def Ninja.com gives you a closer look at the Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook Release of Martin Scorsese's 2004 film ' The Aviator' starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett, Alan Alda, Alec Baldwin and Kate Beckinsale

• Worldwide Exclusive Artwork
• Print Run of 2000
• Embossed Title
• Spot Gloss on Title and Airplane
• Region B Locked

More Info here: https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?p=872830

Hi-Def Ninja Forums | https://www.hidefninja.com

Don't get all of the hate on this Steelbook, I think it looks great, The embossing on the title looks amazing and the Airplane is definitely Glossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In hand this is a great looking steel. Really surprised, as I was expecting garbage with all the negative reactions on this thread. Great flick too, cant wait to pop it in and give it a watch tonight :scat:

I have to agree Wreck. It isn't the best steel ever but I love it. Camera flash or no camera flash this is sweet looking steel to me. :)

Mine arrived, FL today. I'm happy with it, even tho the spot gloss is very minimal. But what makes me think is why are the sides glossy? You can see were the sides run up the edges of the steelbook to the front and rear having a gloss sharp edge. But the face of the steelbook is matte?

I'm happy either way.